Real Wii Remote support?

I’m running Windows 10. I can only connect my real Wii Remote Plus to the Mayflash DolphinBar. The Wii Remote will not connect to Windows 10 without the Mayflash DolphinBar. I noticed that RetroArch appears to support real Wii Remotes from within the Dolphin core.

Does anyone know the correct way to set this up? Simply turning on the DolphinBar, selecting Mode 4, connecting a standard Wii Remote Plus, and selecting “Real Wii Remote” as the controller option, only results in the Wii Remote Plus being unresponsive . . . although it does work in Dolphin outside of RetroArch, so I know it’s not a hardware issue.

it is possible to connect a Wii Remote directly to a Windows 10 PC. I am currently trying to migrate my Gamecube/Wii collection over to my new PC with Retroarch. I can connect a Wii U Pro pad using WiiUPro and I think I can also connect my Wii Remote this way. I will check.

Either way I’d like to find a more seamless way to connect both to my PC for using with the Dolphin Retroarch core.

I’m bumping this because it’s been awhile but it’s still not solved. I noticed the updates to the core, so maybe now it works . . . ? :confused:

In my case, the Wii Remote Plus connects to the Mayflash DolphinBar in mode 4 but when I launch RetroArch, a bunch of messages display that the DolphinBar is not configured. I set the controller options to “Real Wii Remote”, but the Wii Remote is still unresponsive despite being connected to the DolphinBar that’s connected to my PC via USB.

Does anyone know how to use a real Wii Remote with RetroArch?

I doubt the option to use a real Wii Remote would be there if it didn’t actually work, so I must be something wrong . . .

Just last night I set up my my Wii section in Retroarch using the standalone Dolphin core. it auto detects Wiimotes, though I think it picks up on the stack WiinuSoft installs. I never did get it to work through the Retroarch Dolphin core.