Regression on the latest Flycast core

I thought Flycast didn’t support Vulkan! Wow, that’s great news!

Everyone, how to solve this situation, have you encountered?

1 Like

It’s the same for me as well. I reported the issue to github a few months back for the GL core, as well as yesterday for the Vulkan core. Seems that Alpha Sorting is not implemented in Vulkan either (yet). There is no fix atm.

What’s the gamepad you’re using man? Could you share it? Thanks!

Yep, the framerate stays much more constant at 60 with new Vulkan. A clear improvement. Also disabling Threaded rendering in core options seems to smooth the video even more.

That was modified by me!

1 Like

thank you very much!

1 Like

Setiing Alpha Sorting / per pixel in Core options, fixes NeoGeo Battle Coliseum sprite issues.

really?Is there a screenshot?

I tested it myself. Played it for 10 minutes and no errors.

All maps? Are there no errors?

Should be ok. I will report any errors i find as i play through the game.

thank you very much!

Is the core up-to-date?

Why, my not?

1. Update to the latest version of the core, yours is 3 days old
  2. If the issue persist, let us know the model of your smartphone, it could be an issue specific to your gpu vendor, it happens a lot (a bug with adreno gpus was fixed just yesterday)

Phone model le x620,The CPU of the phone is MTk helio x20 (MT6797),Android version is 6.0,The core has been upgraded to the latest,But the problem still exists!

You are sure you are on Vulkan right? In GL the Alpha Sorting per pixel is not working.

You aren’t using the vulkan renderer, and per-pixel won’t work with the gl renderer. Your device won’t be able to run per-pixel at full speed anyway, a good & recent android device is required, not an average model from 2015.

If I’m not mistaken, the first version to support Vulkan was Android 7.0. You need very recent Android version and a GPU driver to use Vulkan.

alright, thank you very much!