Reicast and Fist of North Start

Hi . Thanks to the new Reicast update I saw that compatibility was also added to Fist of North Star. However, I did not understand how to emulate this game. Would it be possible to have a small tutorial? I added the necessary files in SYSEM of Retroarch -> DC So as I renamed the naomi.zip file as well as in the description of the booklet. But I can not in any way start fotns.zip and I did not understand if I have to rename or need a different version. Can someone help me?

Thank You !

https://www.libretro.com/index.php/reicast-libretro-now-supports-naomi-other-additions/

I have read, but I do not understand how I should rename the Fist of North Star roms

No, you didn’t :

NOTE: MAME ROMS won’t work (yet). Proper Atomiswave roms won’t work, however, most Atomiswave to Naomi GD-ROM conversions should at least work or boot.

You need roms for reicast, the only thing i can tell you is that it’s the same format expected by nullDC/makaron, ask google.

1 Like

Hi! for FOTNS, i have the same files that work in makaron and nullDC (bin + lst ), i put the correct naomi bios in dc directory but it doesn’t work! Do i convert bin+lst to gdi? is Reicast recognize bin or lst file? when i choose “load content”,bin and lst don’t appear in the directory…how can we launch it?

1 Like

lst, with nightly retroarch (i’m not sure release 1.7.3 can detect lst files in load content) and updated info files. Or through command line.

How to convert fotns.zip to bin + lst ?

Converting atomiswave mame games to this format by yourself is impossible.

so what is the solution?

sorry,i don’t know…i found these files on a website…

1 Like

I found the .BIN file from Hokuto No Ken. (FOTNS_Naomi2_Fixed.bin) I created a .txt file, I pasted it in Fist of the North Star - Hokuto no Ken “FOTNS_Naomi2_Fixed.bin”, 0x0000000, 0x08000000 I saved the file and renamed it to .lst Rename bios naomi_boot.bin , put un SYstem -> DC folder

If I try to start the game, it gives me a black screen and RA crashes.

HELP PLS :open_mouth:

I do not have Naomi configured nor planning to, but reading briefly the Libretro blog post and checking the lst file for FOTNS in git, it is commented that its size is not correct, so the issue might be that the hexadecimal value in the lst file of 0x08000000 is wrong.

I do not have the bin file to test/check, but might worth a try for you to get the size of that file.

I have here a cmd that could help, although I am not 100% sure:

$ printf “%x\n” stat -c "%s" "FOTNS_Naomi2_Fixed.bin"

1 Like

Try with this lst file directly. If it still doesn’t work, either you picked the wrong bios, or you are trying to run OIT on a non-nvidia GPU.

1 Like

I Have nvidia :confused: Not work with Nvidia ?

PS possible this ?

0x0000000, 0x0B000000

00 as shortint: 0 00 00 as word: 0 00 00 as integer: 0 00 00 00 00 as longint: 0 00 00 00 00 as 32 bit IEEE single: 0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 0D as 64 bit IEEE double: 4,57671146818735E-246

If you picked the file i linked AND have a nvidia GPU, then your bios is wrong, pick the right one.

The bios contains the file epr-21576g.ic27 , and i rename naomi_boot.bin , and i move to folder System -> DC

We are going nowhere, provide logs and i’ll be able to help you.

SOLVED !!! Many thanks to all !!

PS- work only on Open GL . and work fine with cpu Apollo Lake Intel with Intel HD 5x Not work in DX 12 ? 11 ? Team support Direct x too ?