Reicast VMU saving and "Boot to BIOS"-Crash

MD5sum is not listed because the dc_flash.bin was modified from a dc_nvmem.bin to override this time/date scenario. If you do not trust the file, you can give it a try in a sandboxed environment. Just my two cents for everybody struggling with this matter.

Cheers!

Hmmmm. This didnā€™t work for me

) :

Any tips to get it working? Could you share all your system files for DC? Maybe one of my other files conflicts?

Hey newoski! I have zipped my system/dc folder in the below link; make a backup of your folder first just in case, and give it a try. You can run antiviruses or whatever you want on it. Hope it works for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! Will post results of test in AM

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Worked perfectly. No more date/time prompts.

1 Like

Glad to hear newoski :smiley: If more people having the time/date issue can check my upload and see if it gets resolved, maybe we can leave it posted somewhere that wonĀ“t expire.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome someone fixed this. Itā€™s not a huge annoyance, but it was an annoyance for sure. Iā€™ll be sure to try this out later tonight.

Thanks for posting that :smiley:

This didnā€™t change anything for me. The only thing I didnā€™t use from the folder was the VMU files because of my saves. Iā€™m guessing it has something to do with that.

Sorry to hear that. Give it a try in backing up your dc folder, and pasting the one I uploaded entirely with mems and all. Also, try booting up the core in bios mode and in the main menu set the time/date and save the settings, and see if after that it still shows or not.

Hey no worries, Iā€™ll give that a try tonight and see what it does for me and report back. :wink:

I used your files and it solved the date prompt issue, doesnā€™t show up anymore, thanks mate.

1 Like

Excellent @aorin1 :slight_smile:

@SkyHighGam3r, in case my whole dc folder works for you, you could export your savestates to my VMUs using the VMU Explorer tool (I can give you a hand with that if you want).

Talking about saves, every time I tried Shenmue, it loads fine and the first cut scenes play fine, but as soon as the first load when the real game play starts, Reicast core crashes, so maybe if someone could share a save after this I could play it on Retroarch?

1 Like

Is it even possible to have this game work in Reicast? Given that it crashes the moment the actual gameplay kicked in I assumed it was an incompatibility with the game on the current iteration of the core.

If itā€™s just a save, thatā€™d be great. I havenā€™t had the desire to sit though that 35minute opening video to see if it was fixed anytime the core updates lol.

We can always fast forward that part, but Iā€™m also afraid this game may crash later on, in case we manage to import a save from another source.

Transplanting the whole \system\dc folder didnā€™t work for meā€¦ What could I possibly be doing wrong?

I started it up, set the time and played a gameā€¦ resetā€¦ not fixed.

Then I started it up straight to bios, set the time and even synced it to the memory cardsā€¦ no changeā€¦ :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

@aorin1 You mentioned this worked for you. What steps did you take?

P.S. I fast forwarded on Shenmue on the latest reicast build yesterdayā€¦ no go :frowning:

@SkyHighGam3r, I simply made a backup of my old ā€œdcā€ folder located in system folder, used Kondoritoā€™s dc folder, thatā€™s it, nothing else.

Thanks for trying Shenmue and letting me know it stills donā€™t work.

Iā€™m not sure what happened Sky, it probably was some update the core received, but itā€™s not working for me anymore, so the date prompt is showing again.

Same thing over here :frowning: Not working anymore. IĀ“ll dig and see if I can find anything.

1 Like