Request: add Blargg’s RGB preset to NTSC shader(s)

I actually don’t know, but apparently we do have access to the source code for it, just a matter of someone that’s not a smooth brain like me to figure out how to translate that into some shaders.

4 Likes

Side tangent, it would be kinda cool to have multiple tap levels built into some ntsc shaders, to change it on the fly. (Good chance it’ll cause some slowdown compared to not having a multiple tap options.)

TBH, I’d love someone to tackle an ntsc-suite in the same manner that guest had done with advanced, dogway has with grade, and HSM has done with his reflection suite.

4 Likes

Thanks! It’s not what Blargg does but let’s say that at least from a sharpness perspective it looks close. The values I posted above are from an old post of Themaister. But it can be tweaked I suppose (sharper or softer). Or someone with the source code is gonna translate that like @Syh said.

2 Likes

I know fuck-all about matlab, but the source for the scripts used to calculate the taps are located here:

and https://github.com/libretro/common-shaders/blob/master/ntsc/shaders/filter_3phase.m

And there was an older set of taps for 3-phase that I liked for the effect it had on colors, though it was evidently less accurate for whatever reason, and you can find those taps here:

4 Likes

I’ll look it over like I have some semblance of an idea of what I’m reading XD.

Appreciate it, I really will look over it.

2 Likes

I’ve found this that might interest you,look for md_ntsc_impl.h -md_ntsc.h etc

Edit:

Just tested,looks great too :+1:

5 Likes