RetroArch 1.3.0 Crashing instantly

Mine is crashing on load…not sure how I’m going to configure any settings…

You don’t have to configure anything, just update

That seemed to work, however my configurations seem to no longer be present. Are we supposed to re-update everything through the online updater?

:::UPdate::::

Updated all cores and settings again, everything is working normal. Lost saved-data and save state though on games. Anyway to backup and prevent this from happening again in the future before updating?

The latest nightly appears to install retroarch outside of the “retroarch” folder in my documents folder creating all the subfolders and files where they are not supposed to go.

well the intention was to make it possible to use itunes file sharing, but yeah I’m not sure it was for the best. can you elaborate on the current location and what would be the ideal location for both JB and non JB use cases?

Any one else getting files dumped into var/mobile? Also what jailbreak did you use for those who do? The files are supposed to be dumped in the sandboxed container at ~/ which is the apps Documents folder and in theory where the app resides.

[QUOTE=Radius;31108]well the intention was to make it possible to use itunes file sharing, but yeah I’m not sure it was for the best. can you elaborate on the current location and what would be the ideal location for both JB and non JB use cases?[/QUOTE]

Oh because of the way the file-structure is now, iTunes file-sharing now works? If this is the case it’s defiantly the best option, as transferring over large roms is a pain through FTP. Thank you for taking this into consideration.

Can anyone confirm iTunes file-sharing works? I’ll be able to check myself later this evening.

i installed on my ipad air 2 on iOS 9.1, and i can load content from ifunbox. its what you wanted to know, right?

[QUOTE=pkmaximum;31125]Oh because of the way the file-structure is now, iTunes file-sharing now works? If this is the case it’s defiantly the best option, as transferring over large roms is a pain through FTP. Thank you for taking this into consideration.

Can anyone confirm iTunes file-sharing works? I’ll be able to check myself later this evening.[/QUOTE]

It works if you compile it and install it like a normal application. I just create a rom folder and organize it from there. Then I just drag and drop and iTunes will replace the old folder if there with the new one with all of its contents. you can also pull save files.

I do not think it works via jailbroken install method. If every one can confirm where its dumping the files on jailbroken devices then something could possibly be done. Check /var/mobile

Confirm. The latest build (from Cydia) all broke. Not only that, now all the folders randomly, so the program itself now runs crooked. Great like this. What these experiments? In Cydia version to jailbreak, so it should work as version to jailbreak.

“now all the folders randomly” randomly what?

No one is forcing you to keep up-to-date, if you use nightlies you must accept stuff may break and there are no stable releases for iOS.

I’m using the latest nightly and it works great, and I’m on iOS 8.4 on iPad mini 2 taij jailbreak, the only thing that changed is the files path, all you have to do is go to online updater and update everything, I also check all permissions (read/ right / execute ) of [var/mobile/documents] for user, group, and world in ifile just to make sure everything runs fine.

I’m jailbroken on 8.3 Taig and a file structure is created in root/applications, however there are no files in it. All the files are actually stored in var/mobile/Documents/RetroArch. If you were to select the option of “Configurations Per Core” as true, the document file system is moved to var/mobile/containers/data/applications/(random file name for RA).

interesting. can anyone else confirm this with their jailbreaks? So its creating a empty file structure in /applications/ Then making another file structure in the container for ra where all of the files are at?

can a few more check and confirm?

Oh nothing :slight_smile: Latest build fixed the issue :smiley:

[QUOTE=Holo;31156]interesting. can anyone else confirm this with their jailbreaks? So its creating a empty file structure in /applications/ Then making another file structure in the container for ra where all of the files are at?

can a few more check and confirm?[/QUOTE]

iPhone 6+,iOS 9.0.2 jail broken latest retro arch nightly updater and did cores mupen64 and dsmue, disabled per core stuff tried and both crash instant to springboard

[QUOTE=Holo;31156]interesting. can anyone else confirm this with their jailbreaks? So its creating a empty file structure in /applications/ Then making another file structure in the container for ra where all of the files are at?

can a few more check and confirm?[/QUOTE]

I had originally thought it was left over from a prior install, but the time stamp in the folders matched the completed folders in var/mobile/Documents/RetroArch. Just a note; When switching to save per core, I didn’t experience any crashing, but I don’t believe it was working properly from a core settings management perspective.

Same experience. Started maybe 2-3 days ago. Crash no matter the CORE on my jailbroken 6s+. Worked great with analog support via CFA as recent as a week ago.

I just updated today off Cydia (Nov 24, iPad mini retina 2, IOS 8.3), looks like the core updater isn’t working anymore. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling a few times, same result. Even after I update everything else from the online updater the core updater list still remains unpopulated. Also once I get into that menu I can’t get out without closing and restarting Retroarch. Am I missing something?

@Westies That was a result of some server issues on our end. It should be better now.