RetroArch 1.3.6 issues

You can also try using the detect core every time even if you are already in the desired core. That worked for me. And, yes this issue may need to be fixed, eventually.

Right, I’ll try that out as well and see how it fares.

Confirmed. FF3 save states seem to work fine now with 2016-07-25_RetroArch nightly. I don’t know if you did anything with the Genesis Plus GX core but Sega CD games are now loading. Thanks for your hard work.

Gonna try out the nightly build myself :smiley:

Yes I have just submitted a fix for the Sega CD and PCE CD games which were not working. when using a cue/iso.

And just remember that for roms you need to use the detect option or the open as folder option in order to be able to run them.

I guess I was not the only one having issues…(posted in another topic), but far as I can tell this version has broken a lot of cores.

@Netux79, testing out the 7/30/16 build and detecting core feature to load Snes games. Testing out loading games in succession, loading/saving states, it works like a charm, though I do need to change a setting to where it loads the ROM directory every time so I don’t have to navigate through folders, should be easy for me to change :smiley: Thanks ^^

Glad to hear that… At least it is getting more stable!

Yeah, the only “minor” thing is save states take five seconds to save, but that’s most likely either due to the lag or the SD card I’m using, but that to me isn’t worth really addressing; the stability is what counts here, thank you again :smiley:

It looks like the Nightly builds are squashing the bugs really quickly.

Good Evening,

I’m having a terrible problem with my retroarch. The Specific FBA CORE simply doesen’t boot on 2 different wiis. All cores boots normally. It become black screen all time. The annoying thing is that core used too work earlier this current uer. Does someone knows how can i fix this? I’ve tried all versions, and none of them seems too work.

[QUOTE=Al - Rashid;45292]Good Evening,

I’m having a terrible problem with my retroarch. The Specific FBA CORE simply doesen’t boot on 2 different wiis. All cores boots normally. It become black screen all time. The annoying thing is that core used too work earlier this current uer. Does someone knows how can i fix this? I’ve tried all versions, and none of them seems too work.[/QUOTE]

I guess it’s too large to fit in Wii memory… Could please confirm the file size of the core?

Thanks for caring about my question.

I’ve already solved by an accident. It was a bug that forbid that specific core to boot when an usb is connected to the wii. It was just a matter of putting the device AFTER booting the core. I was punching my Wii in a rage acess and a discovery that (lol). Two Wiis got the same bug on all Retroarchs version i’ve put in. I don’t know why that hapenned, but now is everything fine.

Is there a Mame4all core for Wii version? I’ve downloaded a version that talks about that matter (1.3.3) but i cant find that core

Is there a way to configurate buttons on the newest versions? Some games has no way to configurate, for example, cps1 core on the 1.3,6. If is a tutorial to remap buttons can you tell where can i find?

Thansl for your attention

There’s a bug when you press a button and let it go really fast that makes it behave like if you were holding down the button.

I’ve noticed it happens on all nes cores (fceumm, nestopia and quicknes) and after some testing i found out it also happens on the ui menu.

Tried downloading the 1.3.4 version and the bug is there too. Wii version

I’ve got problems with save states on my vWii. Many times the Wii crashes with an “DSI eception occured” error after saving or loading a state on Snes9X Next core. This happens on 1.3.6 stable and the latest nightlies.

Is there a fix yet?? Thanks!

[QUOTE=cassiothird;45968]There’s a bug when you press a button and let it go really fast that makes it behave like if you were holding down the button.

I’ve noticed it happens on all nes cores (fceumm, nestopia and quicknes) and after some testing i found out it also happens on the ui menu.

Tried downloading the 1.3.4 version and the bug is there too. Wii version[/QUOTE]

That’s is a known bug some people faces. However not every one has experienced this. I guess it is related to the Wii hardware of software. What kind of Wii do you have? You can try by updating the Wii software to the latest and also update Homebrew Channel and all that stuff.

[QUOTE=geheim;45986]I’ve got problems with save states on my vWii. Many times the Wii crashes with an “DSI eception occured” error after saving or loading a state on Snes9X Next core. This happens on 1.3.6 stable and the latest nightlies.

Is there a fix yet??

Thanks![/QUOTE]

1.3.6 stable has the bug… however it is supposed to be fixed in the nightlies. Try with a clean setup, I mean DO NOT use any previous savestates or config files and see it it works as expected. Also I may said that it has not been tested in vWii to ensure it is working. We know it works in a regular Wii.

I have wii first model i think(gc support) and the system is updated. I tested all versions avaliable on build bot and the bug remains on all of them. I’m gonna try and update Homebrew Channel to see if it solves the problem.

Don’t know if it is relevant but the same doesn’t happen using fceugx.

Edit: Updating HBC didn’t change anything.

Thanks @netux79 I already tried deleting old configs and states, but it still happens in around 50% that the DSI exception error occurs after loading states, sometimes even after saving states… Perhaps there really is an issue with vWii… Did 1.3.5 stable have the bug as well?? If not I’d try that version.

Been testing a nightly build on vWii, after loading the ROM using the auto-detect feature, then choosing the core, not once have I gotten a code dump on Snes9x Next using save states.

[QUOTE=geheim;46086]Thanks @netux79 I already tried deleting old configs and states, but it still happens in around 50% that the DSI exception error occurs after loading states, sometimes even after saving states… Perhaps there really is an issue with vWii… Did 1.3.5 stable have the bug as well?? If not I’d try that version.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the savestate issues have been solved just recently in snes9x-next and it has been present since 1.2. It’s weird you mention it is working half the time… Just in case… do you have plenty of space in the SD card? Recently the state is taking some Mbytes, also when testing first save and then load… this to avoid trying loading OLD corrupted savestates you may have from pevious versions.