RetroArch 1.3.6 issues

@nintendonerd1889 Thanks, in this case the Problem is not related to vwii but caused by my Setup somehow…

@netux79 I’ve got around 500mb of free space on my SD, which should be sufficient. I’ll try deleting erverything again, and start from new with the latest nightly. Thanks!

For running NES-SNES-GB-GBC-GBA i use other emulators, FCEU, VGBA and SNESX, that are simply awesome. The dream of running everything on a simple emulator, however, is not complete on retroarch.

You could help with pull requests, submitting issues, but the point of your comments is…? I don’t get it, whining? I’ve helped a very litte part in retroarch, and another snes9x-gx, fceugx, and still, I use retroarch for emulation in wii and it’s awesome

You’re better off running Nestopia, mGBA for NES and GBA because they are more stable than their GX counterparts, and run faster too; there’s no reason to run them. mGBA actually runs all GBA games at full speed, VBAGX doesn’t even come close. Nestopia too.

@askot heh, we get that fairly often from apparent non-users. I’m not really sure why they feel the need to tell us about the other programs they use, but they seem to make a hobby of looking our gift horse in the mouth.

Has anyone had any luck running Guwange on the FBA core? It crashes for me but all of the other CAVE games run fine, so I’m not sure what the issue could be. I’m sure it’s the right rom too since it runs on the FBA core on my laptop

I’m on holly land. Time to take out my shoes. I didn’t know retroarch has a priest.

Mind your bare feet in Holly Land.

I’ve encountered an interesting bug with Mega Man X that happens in both the Snes9x and Snes9x-Next cores. The intro mission will play fine, but when you choose a stage (I always go with Chill Penguin first) health power ups will start to disappear as soon as they hit the ground, and when I shot one of the igloos it went to the weapon-get screen, as if I had already beaten Chill Penguin. Catsfc_Plus didn’t have these issues, but it did crash when I tried to make a save state.

Edit: Catsfc runs without the gameplay issues and can use states, so I guess it’s best way to play MMX on this version of Retroarch. This is a separate issue, but I’ve also noticed that Steel Empire for the GBA crashes on both the mGBA and VBA-Next cores.

[QUOTE=Harpuia;46931]I’ve encountered an interesting bug with Mega Man X that happens in both the Snes9x and Snes9x-Next cores. The intro mission will play fine, but when you choose a stage (I always go with Chill Penguin first) health power ups will start to disappear as soon as they hit the ground, and when I shot one of the igloos it went to the weapon-get screen, as if I had already beaten Chill Penguin. Catsfc_Plus didn’t have these issues, but it did crash when I tried to make a save state.

Edit: Catsfc runs without the gameplay issues and can use states, so I guess it’s best way to play MMX on this version of Retroarch. This is a separate issue, but I’ve also noticed that Steel Empire for the GBA crashes on both the mGBA and VBA-Next cores.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you have a corrupt ROM image or the version that has copy detection; I have that ROM too but the game plays all the way through fine; versions 1.1 of the ROM play correctly, the emulator isn’t at fault, but rather the bad dump.

You’re right, I grabbed the 1.1 version and it’s now running fine on the snes9x cores. It’s weird though; I’ve used that particular rom for a long time on several different emulators with no issues, but oh well.

Another separate issue I’ve noticed is that the Genesis Plus GX core seems to be dropping a lot frames; I noticed it particularly on Sagaia/Darius II and Android Assault. I feel weird pointing out issues with this version of Retroarch just because it’s getting kinda old and most of it was probably resolved with the nightly builds, but all of the accessible ones crash on my Wii so I wouldn’t know.

[QUOTE=cassiothird;45968]There’s a bug when you press a button and let it go really fast that makes it behave like if you were holding down the button.

I’ve noticed it happens on all nes cores (fceumm, nestopia and quicknes) and after some testing i found out it also happens on the ui menu.[/QUOTE] Can you test for me one of the cores in this zip? I’d like confirmation that the issue is still present. Backup and remove your retroarch folder to avoid conflicts, and load the dol directly. I ran into some trouble with the latest source so I had to fallback to an older version.

Anyone else with this issue please try it and confirm.

First time upgrading my Wii since 1.0.0.2 Well this 1.36 has not gone well for me. Control issues having a wavebird plugged in while using a classic controller. But the rest of it is great. MGBA core is huge improvement but Sega CD wont load now and snes9x wont either and I need those the most. I’ve looked at nightlies but theyre borked now. Seems 29th august worked but I’ve no access to that. So rolled back to 1.2.2 and that’s a nightmare. Controller keeps disconnecting. So I’m back at 1.0.0.2. Does anyone have a stable version I can run est from the later builds or is it possible to place later cores into the older version? Sod it I’ll have a go.

[QUOTE=SuperrSonic;47358]Can you test for me one of the cores in this zip? I’d like confirmation that the issue is still present. Backup and remove your retroarch folder to avoid conflicts, and load the dol directly. I ran into some trouble with the latest source so I had to fallback to an older version.

Anyone else with this issue please try it and confirm.[/QUOTE]

I’ll try it. How do you load the dol directly, or which version of Retroarch did you have to use? I’ve noticed the issue on the FBA and Mame2000 cores too, where my ship will just start moving down for no reason.

Rename one of the dols to boot.dol, make a folder in apps, copy the dol and the RA meta.xml to it and it will show up on the hbc without icon. Or you can use wiixplorer or similar to load directly. RA 1.0.0.2 should be compatible, my builds are based on that version but with some of the newer changes merged, like CPU filters. Please redownload, I added FBA now so you can test with that.

Okay, I tested those cores, and here are my results. All of this was done with a classic controller pro attached to a wiimote, and I mostly played the games normally but tapped around quickly on the d-pad when I could. I tested them all on RA 1.0.0.2

I spent about 30 minutes with the Nestopia core and played Gradius, 1943, and gun.nac, as the bug is most noticeable when it happens in scrolling shooters. During this time, I was able to trigger the bug twice.

For the gambatte core I was able to trigger it fairly quickly a couple times with Gradius: The Interstellar Assault

On the FBA core I couldn’t get it to happen on Batsugun or Donpachi. I might need to do a bit more playing though. I feel like it’s probably worth mentioning that the one time I encountered the issue on FBA, it was the CPS2 version.

Oh well, thanks for testing.

If you have the time try -test 2-

By luck during the last testing I was able to trigger the bug at any time I want, this has helped me make the second test, I do not have a CC so please try it. It is not random at all, all you need to do is indeed press quickly enough, this is easy to do on the dpad (I just stroke it, basically) and it triggers on the first few tries.

I get “Exception (DSI) Ocurred” on the Wii port randomly when i:- load roms,- load cores, it specially crashes more times with mgba but i have them in generalit’s driving me nuts. here’s what i did to try to solve it:checked filesystem and block structure of both my SD card where i load the emulator from, and my harddrive where i store the roms. I replaced the harddrive with a different one. also checked it. no problems in either of the harddrives, but I STILL GET THE ERROR. i tried downgrading to retroarch 1.3.4. same results. and then attempted to install a nightly from 3 different days, but i get a black screen (i have 640x240 as video mode and i’m using an rgb cable, if that helps). i don’t know what else to do.could somebody please help me?

Hello; Sorry for taking such a long time to get back to you, but I was finally able to test out those cores. Or at least, attempt to test them. I first tried to load the cores with RA 1.0.0.2, but when I loaded up any of the experimental cores, the cursor would freak out after it was loaded, and would then not be usable, even if I unplugged the classic controller. So, I tried loading them up directly. With this, I could now start the core, but once a game was loaded I couldn’t actually do anything and I had to shut down the wii.

However, I’ve made another discovery regarding this bug. I’ve been able to pull it off consistently, so I decided to try it in other cores using the last working nightly build. The bug can be triggered in mGBA, Mednafen PCE, FBA, Genesis Plus GX, and Prosystem, which leads me to believe that this effects every core, not just a handful.