RetroArch 1.3.6 issues

Could you clear out your configs? I tested those cores before posting them, they should definitely work.

I already know what triggers the bug, the test is only there to confirm with someone else that I indeed fixed it.

Okay, I was able to get them to work. The bug is still there with both the wiimote sideways and the classic controller.

How did you get it to work? Did you delete the configs?

Yeah, that’s how I did it. I just deleted the “retroach” folder that RA makes at the root of the SD Card.

And you booted straight into the test cores? Or first started a regular core and then switched?

Yes, using RA 1.0.0.2, I went straight to the test cores and tried them all out.

SuperrSonic Toda vez que tento usar o retroarch das ultimas versões noturnas, tenho um erro de resolução não suportada pela minha tv, alguém sabe como resolver este problema, estou usando o pack de 29.08 que tu colocou no mega.

Every time I try to use retroarch of last night versions, have a resolution error not supported by my tv, does anyone know how to solve this problem, I’m using 29.08 pack that you put in mega.

I’ve never released any builds with mega, only dropbox. Post the link?

https://mega.nz/#!p8dGxQib!Oqg-e5p9uRjxD4zlgU9opMXC61t-6Y0L5yH4d-0E0Ck Use this one, the nightly builds have been broken for a while

Falha minha mano o nick é parecido hehhehe, mas vários amigos testaram as ultimas versões noturnas e estão tendo o mesmo erro.

Failure my hand nick is like hehehe, but several friends have tested the latest nightly versions and are having the same error.

Hey, so it turns out I was being dumb when I “got them to work”, as I didn’t realize I was just using the first test batch. Anyways, I tested the second one with just the wiimote sideways on RA 1.0.0.2, and the sticky button glitch is indeed gone. However, trying to start them with a classic controller still breaks RA.

That’s a relief! Otherwise it really would have been hardware related, which made no sense to me.

About the classic controller issue, do you get a black screen when booting with it attached to the wiimote? What do you mean break? Do you have auto detect enabled in input settings? Does a CC work if you plug it when RA is already started?

[QUOTE=humbertosnk;43056]I have a problem, i’m using retroarch wii version on a crt tv, the first boot works perfect, run cores and games with no problem, BUT when i power off my Wii and i want o use retroarch again it simply not boot, it stay in a black screen.

This never hapened to me when i was using my Wii through an hdmi dongle, only with mi crt tv.

With 1.3.4 i have to force the resolution to 512x224 and ONLY THEN retroarch can run the second time, but with 1.3.6 this workaround doesn’t work. Now if i want use 1.3.6 i have to erase the “retroarch” folder or else it did not boot.

Sorry my english :P[/QUOTE]

^^ This^^ I mentioned this some time ago, but in my case this happens on a Wiiu and NLY using the channel forwarder. If I launch it from the HBC it works every time. People told me that it probably was an issue with the forwarder and to either use a different one or launch from HBC. Now, I KNOW the forwarder works cause I’ve used it with every version so far. I’m not sure about which version started doing this but it is not the forwarder. Anyway, since the devs didn’t care or couldn’t figure it out (and tbh, i don’t want to be one of those guys that DEMAND sh!t) I let it be. But yeah, if I delete the retroarch folder (the one that gets created after 1st launch) it works from the forwarder as always.

[QUOTE=SuperrSonic;49065]That’s a relief! Otherwise it really would have been hardware related, which made no sense to me.

About the classic controller issue, do you get a black screen when booting with it attached to the wiimote? What do you mean break? Do you have auto detect enabled in input settings? Does a CC work if you plug it when RA is already started?[/QUOTE]

Okay, so here’s what happens when I start a test core with just the wiimote. And yes, auto detect is enabled. I can start and play cores normally, and when I plug in a CC it basically acts as if it isn’t there; none of the inputs on it will register, but I can still use the wiimote with it plugged in.

When I use a classic controller, the menu works and I can start up a core. However, when I start the core, the cursor will freak out after it’s done loading. After this, the cursor will stop moving and I can no longer do anything, not even unplugging the classic controller will fix it, so I have to restart my Wii. If I go back into RA after this, it’ll be unusable regardless if I have a CC plugged in or not.