Retroarch 1.6.0 for PS3 Released. PS3 is back again!

Waiting for the CEX dump…i posted in topic below but no one appeared. Doesnt anyone care about PS3 emulator anymore?

I was told that if you use Rebug CFW that you can just use the PKG as-is, no need to convert it.

wow, will test it now then. Thanks

I use CFW snake Ferrox in CEX would have like to use this retroarch version DEX, I do not intend to convert all my ps3, as it works very well in CEX. Thank you.

Is there an oficial changelog since lastest ps3 version (1.3.6)?

I tested it and worked ok, but, scan directory, download content, playlists etc still dont work, so it looks the same to me.

No, would take too long to compile a changelog of it.

Download content - doesn’t work yeah. Playlists and Scan Directory - not sure if it works or not, aliaspider last told me that scanning of roms should work now for big-endian, but I guess it still has issues.

A pity, I used the retroarch in nintendo wii a long time, and in the android tv box, and I would love to be able to run the 1.6.0 on my ps3 CEX but unfortunately I will expect some charitable soul to compile a version for ps3 CEX.

You could ask around on psx-scene. Point them to the DEX PKG that is on our server.

A good idea, I’m going to do this, thank you very much, I love the retroarch and all of my family install retroarch on their cell phones, pc …, long life to Retroarch.:grin:

I´m curious that we have now mame2000 core that was not there before. What is the difference between both other than romset (0.78 vs 0.37b5)? Should i use it instead?

EDIT 1: Oh, one positive difference i saw is that playlists are loading WAY more faster than before. Good thing!

EDIT 2: Began effective gaming tests. I used CRT-GEOM in all cores with linear / 2 pass / 2x sscale in 1.3.6, it worked perfecly… Now in 1.6.0 it´s UNPLAYABLE! Frames below 20 :frowning:

Is this version “havier” than 1.3.6? If so, i will downgrade…

Prosystem (Atari 7800) in 1.60 is a complete regression. 3/4ths of the roms cause the emulator to lock the PS3 completely requiring a power off.

In 1.36, this emulator played perfectly, minus a few homebrew games not being in the prosystem database for emulator settings.

Here too, not much has changed since 1.3.6, the biggest problems of not being able to be online and scan directories still persist

I solved It creating manual playlists… I created using the Program AHK playlist buddy, Very useful app! After creation, adjust It using notepad++ to arrange directories, core names etc

I installed the new RA 1.6.0 ps3 CEX! But I can not find my ROMs that are on the internal hdd of ps3. Some help?

I would like to have added achievements as on pc!

Go in settings, directories, and search for file browser, there you will be able to manually choose the directory where the roms are.

1 Like

It really sucks that you can’t set individual folders for each respective core. One rom folder for everything sucks, especially when multiple systems use Cue and Bin files.

My ROMs folder are separated by systems, and i load them separated by playlists…i took a while to figure out how It works, but once i discovered, It is quite easy to adjust. I used the “AHK playlist buddy” Windows program to set the playlists. This program is very useful! But it needs some manual adjustments when It finishes creating. The next step now is set the thumbnails, i created some already, but need to set all of them to perfection

Hey, can some good soul please add a finalburn alpha core? This 2012 version has all sorts of bugs, Alpha (pure) version is much better. It should not be that hard to compile It to PS3, so if someone can it would be great…and some newer Mame core too. How viable is this?

Hi guys! There’s an ODE release in the future plans? Thx a lot