Retroarch 1.6.0 for PS3 Released. PS3 is back again!

Having problems with the playlists too, so I’m giving that AHK playlist buddy a shot.

Also having problems with overlays. They are not showing up when loaded, and then I lose all controller functions when I exit the game. Even resetting the PS3 wouldn’t get controller function back. I went through a series of install/uninstalls until I finally just made a copy of the retroarch.cfg file and reloaded that after each lockout. I’m wondering if someone else has figured this out and might have a working config file for others to try?

I messed around with RA Playlist Buddy today (new version of AHK) and can’t get the ROMS to play or thumbnails to show up. I’m sure it has something to do with my paths. Would you mind sharing a screenshot of your Playlist Buddy paths?

Hi i want to know if Reicast emulator for dreamcast is running on PS3 retroarch. Thank you :wink:

no, it is not. It’s x86_64 only, IIRC

How do I add more cores to the PS3 retroarch? I would like to add the latest Mame as Mars Matrix isn’t working with the 2003 core I have installed.

You would have to compile it with the PS3 SDK, but I assume that it would already be included if it could be. I know Mars Matrix runs well in FBA, so that’s probably an easier way to proceed.

Thanks will try that. Is the download cores option not implemented yet as it does nothing when selected?

Yeah, I don’t think any of the network functionality is hooked up for PS3. IIRC, Vita and Wii U are the only consoles with networking functions enabled.

Download cores is the only one that does nothing, the other download options seem to work. I think they work as when I had the PS3 internet connection disabled they gave an error msg whereas download cores didn’t. Thanks again

Last question for today! Is there a quicker way to create a playlist on PS3? On PC i use a playlist creator so a collection is created in seconds. On PS3 i have chosen to scan directory but it has been scanning for hours now, hopefully this is just a one time process and the collection will be saved for future use?

IIRC, playlists and scanning were fixed for PS3 recently, but I never heard anything about it taking hours… if/when it finishes, let me/us know if it doesn’t act like it should.

1 Like

Will do, thanks for your help :slight_smile: I am scanning all roms at once though, MAME, GBA, SNES, MD, NES, MS, GG and FBA so maybe that is why its taking all night lol

Can’t seem to create playlists for my roms, the scan doesn’t give any output. Can someone give me a tutorial on how to create a playlist. I have my roms on USB HD in a dir called ROMS. I go to import content and scan the directory, for example the MAME subdir, there is a pause and then back to retroarch menu. I have also tried to scan the dir through the Load Content menu which has the same effect.

That’s great news! I really need to check in on this thread more often. lol

What is the deal with using overlays/borders? Why can’t I get that to work?

I don’t think overlays are hooked up. Not sure about that, but if they’re not working for you, it seems likely.

I stand corrected, just loaded 1.6.3 and overlays ARE working!

I am super pumped about this because I had been banging my head against the wall trying to make them work. Folder search to make playlists is still NOT working for me though. It sits at 0% on the bottom of the screen and doesn’t budge. I tried loading the corresponding core for each folder, thinking maybe that had something to do with it, but no dice.

My recently played menu works though, so not a huge deal.

Anyone knows where i could find 1.6.3 CEX verion? have been lokking around for a few days, but cant find it anywhere.

Here is the CEX version: RetroArch 1.6.3 CEX

and here the ODE version: Retroarch 1.6.3 ODE

This version is better than 1.6.0 since prosystem core works again fully.

Recently (about 2 days ago) ngp core has been fixed and it is again working on ps3 after several years. Latest time i saw it working was on RA 1.0.0.3 if i remember good. Anyway i’ll build a little pkg including the fixed core in the next days, so ps3 users can enjoy again with it.

thanks a lot for sharing this! i’ll surely enjoy this with my friends.

the links dont work tho. both link are broken