Retroarch 1.6.0 for PS3 Released. PS3 is back again!

Retry again, the links should work now.

its working now, much appreciated

Here it’s the fixed core (neo geo pocket color) for cex and dex.

fixed ngp core for CEX

fixed ngp core for DEX

Just install the fix over RetroArch 1.6.3

Kudos to the libretro developer r-type for the fix (big endian issues).

Ciao Ezio! Thanks a lot for all your hard work :slight_smile: After a lot of years I refurbished my broken PS3 and now I can test Retroarch on ODE.

I tried 1.6.3 ODE release on my Cobra ODE 5.1 with firmware 2.4 and OFW 4.55, but when I load the ISO from the backup manager it stuck with this error code:

“Si è verificato un errore durante l’operazione di avvio. (80010009)”

Ciao lollo78 :smiley:

Thank you for reporting the issue, I’ll do a new ODE build and let you test it.

Unfortunately I haven’t ODE on my ps3, so i need the feedback from users to know what it works and what not.

I’m here, ready to test it. See you soon with a new ODE link :wink:

Try this one. retroarch.1.6.3.ode.ps3.fixed

Always the same issue on startup: error 80010009

oh. :frowning:

I need to see better when ode build worked (on retroarch 1.3.6 for example)

Anyway I guess it’s better that we wait for the next release since RetroArch 1.6.4 should be on the air.

Edit: Did you test 1.6.4 ODE available on the libretro server?

Hi Ezio,

Is there a possbility that network connections and/or directory scanning will be supported in the future?

Thx for all you do for the community!

Hi Ezio, good news. Just tried 1.6.4 ODE and It start without the previous error code. But all the GUI icons are missing: there is no possibility to download assets (missing voice into the menu?) and the other options inside Online Updater doesn’t work (“task failed” error). I have to test it (I just started it for now) but I think that all the issues could be manually fixed with a PC an USB drive and the Directory menu.

@ donmega Network connections and directory scanning are targets to reach for the future development of retroarch on ps3, but i cannot tell you when they will be got.

@lollo78 online updater doesn’t woek yet on ps3, it’s related to network code which isn’t working. Gui icons are missing since assets aren’t included for some reason on retroarch 1.6.4 ode and cex. Anyway the issue has already been solved some days ago on the buildbot code, but there hasn’t been yet a fixed release. I could do this weekend whether nightly ps3 isn’t yet available.

Ezio, is there a possibility for us to have a better and newer finalburn core? On WiiU’s retroarch It was easily added. Is It so difficult to compile a newer one to PS3?

Will the next version of Retroarch on ps3 include such emulators as E-UAE Amiga and ScummVM?

same as DEX release for me

PS3 RetroArch v1.6.4 ODE no file retroarch.cfg

I need to add the config file into retroarch code for ode version since i added it manually in the older release.

Meanwhile ps3 nightlies are now available. Get them and report feedback!

Just tried the ode nightly (14-08). Now the icons appears correctly but there are issues with some path (maybe wrong chmod into the default path) . Retroarch.cfg fail to save; also the plaform playlists doesn’t appear after Scan (unable to save the file correctly).

serg379 said above what’s missing in the ode version. Basically retroarch configuration file is written on the usrdir path, but in ode version you cannot write in that path because the iso is just a virtual disk and you cannot write over a disk. So in 1.3.6 i tried to go around the issue including a preloaded configuration file into the iso which set external paths (usb01) for saves, playlist and other configs. What it’s necessary to understand and to decide with the libretro devs is if config file needs to be included into the iso or it’s better to hardcode the paths for the ode version, or another better solution if it exists.

NES / Famicom (FCEUmm) v1.6.5 ODE did not work turbo buttons.