Retroarch 1.6.0 for PS3 Released. PS3 is back again!

Ezio_PS I did not ask about the possibility of saving the settings, I understand that in the image of the disk ODE can not write the save, I asked about the non-working turbo buttons in the HES emulator in version 1.6.5, in version 1.3.6 they work …

Multiple cores crashing PS3 and locking console on black screen remains in 1.6.5. same as 1.6.0

previous version 1.6.3 corrected this issue.

It’s probably caused from sdk used to build the nightlies, I haven’t these issues if i compile the cores on my end.

I saw your test Prosystem core on the PSX-Place thread. Thanks! I’ll try it out as soon as I get home. But it seems like all the cores are affected by this SDK bug, not just Prosystem. Are they compiling with PSlight vs. the official SDK?

Nope, the issue comes from the different revision of the used sdk.

Ezio, do you know if multipass shaders are fixed and working on PS3? It’s an old issue.

They are not. Single pass shaders work, some of them. It’s a crapshoot.

I don’t know, i didn’t test them. Underball reports them like not working. What i can suggest you is trying them with RetroArch 1.6.3 cex, since RetroArch 1.6.4 cex and RetroArch 1.6.6 cex are temporarily suffering of a probable sdk issue which can create problems both with cores than with settings. (I noticed that when a core is not working like it should, it can generate a general state of malfunction on retroarch. In this case it’s better just to quit the homebrew and load it again from the ps3 xmb, imho.)

Why is MAME 2003 not included on the PS3 build anymore? it worked way better than MAME 2000 from what i’ve seen.

Anyway, I really appreciated and enjoyed all the hard work you guys put into this!!!

2 Likes

It have had compilation issues so it wasn’t anymore included on the ps3 builds.

Anyway developer Zar fixed them, so here it’s: mame2003.

It’s a standalone pkg so you can install it separately from main app if you want.

1 Like

Point them to the DEX PKG that is on our server.

1 Like

How do I find my roms? They’re on HDD but they do not show! Ps3 cex ferrox retroarch 1.6.7

Hi Ezio! News about the SDK issue?

Hey lollo78,

It hasn’t been yet solved.

Anyway i can suggest you to try this build. retroarch 1.6.7 ode

It’ll let you save configs, savestates and other stuff on any device connected to usb001.

Hi Ezio, I tried it but it doesn’t work on my setup. I can’t see the ISO in my COBRA ODE Browser. I tried to extract the file and rebuild the ISO with GenPS3ISO but nothing.

Welcome. I installed (1.63 CEX) but I don’t have a majority of core. Unfortunately, the download does not work (why?). First of all, I depend on the emulator Amiga and C64. Where can I download these core cards from? To what exactly is the directory of these files copied? I tried to add lib files from the pc version but it doesn’t work. It is also interesting whether the PS3 version also has a problem with pc during an attempt to use Amiga P-UAE (very fast cursor movement which makes it impossible to use the settings).

Hello.

I’m a new RetroArch user. I have version 1.6.7 on my PC and on my PS3. I have a question. Why is there no Amiga, C64 or Dosbox support on PS3 version? How could I add it myself? Compile the cores?

Also, I found this article (https://www.libretro.com/index.php/category/retroarch/), which states that soon there will be nightlies for PS3 version, which if I understand correctly, would mean that one could provide a link to PS3 nightlies, so RetroArch could download cores. Currently download cores does not work - it only works for me on PC version.

I very much enjoy the predefined input setup for SNES, NES, Genesis, GBA and would really like to see Amiga, C64 and Dosbox, which work on PC.