Retroarch 1.8.5. Dolphin, Gamecube not saving

Pretty much what the title says. At first i thought the issue was me simply copying over my “saves” folder from one Retroarch version to another. Deleted my GC folter, so the core could create a fresh one, did so, but without the respective memorycard files (Not sure if they are only created if the core actually saves something).

So yeah, GC doesn’t save. No error messages or anything either.

Hi, I did test on my side and it works fine (Win10). What’s your config ?

2 Likes

I’m also using Win10. The only things i changed:

-Video Driver = Vulcan

-Internal Res upped

-Controlls remapped

Other than that, both Retroarch and the Dolphin core itself run on stock settings from a fresh installation (The only thing i copied over was my “saves” folder, the rest is a stock, fresh install of 1.8.5. with up to date cores).

I tested several other cores and they save fine, just to make sure it’s not a pathing issue of Retroarch itself. First time Dolphin really acted up too.

EDIT: Did another fresh install, this time without importing anything (Well, except a fresh dolphin-emu/sys from git) and, lo and behold, now it works. So, seems like something with my old saves and/or system folders went awry. Gotta be more careful when importing saves and other stuff instead of simply taking whole folders ^^

1 Like

Did you try with new savegames, maybe your saves are corrupted ?

If you can provide a log, maybe it could help.

1 Like

As stated above in the edit, it’s solved. Apparently, the entire folder was corrupted or something in its structure changed from one version to the other. I now went into the “saves” and “system” folder and copied everything individually instead of copying the entire folder + subfolders and now it works.

Being thorough does pay off i guess :smiley:

But thanks for your replies regardless! Much appreciated!

1 Like