Retroarch and Launchbox , Big problem Windows Volume

Retroarch has always been a perfect match with the launchbox frontend , However, it turns out a bug that we can’t solve in any way with the launchbox developers Jason C. that according to him the problem is of retorarch… Basically, in launchbox we can set the keys to increase and decrease the volume of Windows. This is very convenient when we are in Game and we want to increase or decrease the volume of the game. Unfortunately, when launchobox starts a game (with any retroarch core) and then we try to increase or decrease the volume of Windows (and consequently the game without touching the Masdter Volume), retroarch goes in block. This is Windows API https://forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/52008-106-beta-1-released/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-329901 that the launchbox developers used to create the function to raise or lower the volume of windows in game. Can some reotrarch devs of good will solve this problem?

1 Like

If you can pinpoint when it started, we can look into it.

what is a pinpoint ?

Find the version of RetroArch when the behavior started.

1 Like

Maybe I understood the problem. I could not visualize everything because I deactivated the “MENU WIDGET” function. As soon as we try to increase or decrease the volume, the game pauses for the first time, then it works. The reararch PAUSE appears at the top right (last version)

Do you have the Game Controller setting enabled? That’s been causing a lot of problems for people, making their gamepad fire off netplay sessions, etc.

what do you mean by game controller setting?

In Retroarch are you using Controller input? Or are your controllers keyboard based?

controller, and has always worked perfectly with retroarch without ever having any problems, as it works perfectly with launchbox

Do we have any solutions?

Can you disable in Settings -> User Interface -> Don't run in background

This way we can exclude, that Launchbox forces RA in the background.

And btw. in your video you are using arcade controls. Are the mapped as gamepad or keboard? I-PAC?

Same problem , Incredible.

Not Keyboard , not i-Pac. Simply encoder , work amazing with Launchbox, retroarch and Windows.

Not the Pause when menu activated, the setting below: Don't run in background

I did not understand correctly. Now I try now and let you know how it went.

Same problem :frowning: Not working . For the first time I see no way out

:man_shrugging: It was worth a try

1 Like

Any retroarch dev here?

:frowning: It is sad not to find support for what is the best emulation tool of the moment.