RetroArch Android releases (v1.0.0.2)

How and where I can send you crash log?

Hi,

i’ve a JXD5110B without Back annd menu physical button.

Is there any way to use a simple overlays with only one button for back function? I’ve choose enter menu when back is pressed; Or best should be the ability to map a physical button to the “menu” action. We can only map left/right/up/down A B X Y L1L2 R1R2.

I hide the bottom bar;

thx :wink:

R16 seems, at least for me, much more stable on the OUYa than the previous releases. had no crash so far. Is it possible to add an option to set the ouya to 1080p 50hz, to play all european pal games with smooth scrolling.

@Raph4 Post it to pastebin or something similar and then copy the link here.

@croc You can customize the overlays however you want. If there’s one with the functionality you want already, only with more buttons than you want, you can use photoshop et al. to erase the rest of the buttons. They’ll still be there when you touch the screen but will be invisible.

where is stored crash log? I have install Root Explorer

@Raph4 i don’t know where they’re stored but I believe people use logcat to get them. This app should do the trick, i think:

logcat and device info http://www.mediafire.com/?60tu16hp57v9sw3

I tested the new MAME core, most of my roms failed to run (maybe because the Rom manager) but this emulator have the best performance of Wrestlemania the arcade game on an android emulator so far. >_>

It’s MAME 0.78 (late 2003 version) so you will need old ROMs made for such a version. Most of the MAME 0.72 ROMs should still work for MAME 0.78 though.

The reason it runs much faster (and better) than what is out there in Android/iOS land is because this is not as old as something like IMAME4All (0.36b) and also not as new (and slow) as something like Mame Reloaded. I also added in a speedhack for Midway DCS games that Team MAMEdev removed beginning with version 0.72.

Hello, I see you added an Xperia Play “hack” in the latest update. I’m an owner of a Xperia Play, and would like to know how I can help with testing. Currently, no buttons except for the dpad work. Circle works, but acts like the “Back” key.

The best way to help me would be if you are a developer and if you can do a git bisect to find out the last commit when Xperia Play controls worked fine. We have something to go by then.

We need to isolate at what point it broke down, and then find out why.

Anything else really isn’t going to help us.

I am also trying to install r12, but cannot. I tried everything Charliedontsurf did, but all I get is “Application not installed” after it tries installing.

<quote> @croc You can customize the overlays however you want. If there’s one with the functionality you want already, only with more buttons than you want, you can use photoshop et al. to erase the rest of the buttons. They’ll still be there when you touch the screen but will be invisible. </quote>

is there a “back” button for overlays ? don’t find keyword for that.

is mastersystem emulation broken in genesis plus? whenever i try to start a game, the screen just stays black.

I learned more about MAME from this one post than a month of googling. Thank you.

I also have an Xperia Play and I am running version r16 of RetroArch.

My D-Pad works and also as well as the triangle, square, “X” and circle buttons work.

However my touchpad does not work (see http://developer-static.se-mc.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2012/05/frontview_med3.jpg for details on the touchpad).

The ROM I am currently running is slimbean (Feb 2nd update). I am not running gingerbread which came with it (didn’t detect the gamepad, and I wasn’t able to set the hardware keys properly). I also am not running ICS since I couldn’t find one that would work properly with my CDMA phone, and one rom I found that seemed to work softbricked my phone. Once I got it up and running again, thats when I installed slimbean.

EDIT: Not sure if this will help or not, but on the same page where I found that image, it seems to have development help for their controller on android: http://developer.sonymobile.com/2011/02/13/xperia-play-game-keys/

Thank you guys for continuing to support Xperia Play in this update, however it is not acting as intended for R16 and I will try and give a complete report.

On the load up screen, android GUI type area, the Xperia play controls work great. Dpad works, X is accept, O is cancel; works great.

Once in game, hitting Up, Down, Left, Right, X, or any direction make it autodetect the Zeus. However, only the Dpad actually works from that autodetect. Also, hitting the circle button at any time quits back to the menu (android gui type area). Hitting bottom left corner of touchpad quits back to the menu at any time.

On the green-screen menu, the dpad works great. On the green screen menu, X does not work as select, and O exits back to the main menu (android gui). On the green screen menu, and only after hitting the dpad so that the Zeus is detected, any touching of the touchpads (either of them, in any area) makes the selector scroll down infinitely on the same green-screen menu. This continues if you close that green screen menu and go back into it, you have to quit back to the android GUI menu for that to stop.

Using the green screen menu and the (virtual, onscreen) accept button, I go to inputs, and change the device to the xperia play. AFAIK there is no way to configure the individual commands on this screen beyond this point, like I can’t redefine up, down, a, b, x, y, Etc… Now when I go back, Dpad works, L and R works, X works, start does not work, select does not work, Square does not work, Triangle does not work. Hitting the bottom left corner of the touchpad still cancels the game and back out to the black screen GUI.

Let me know what other info I can provide. This is on my stock-as-stock Xperia Play ATT (GSM) model.

We don’t need countless end users telling us that the current controls don’t work - we know this all too well right now.

What we need is ONE single developer who happens to own this thing (Xperia Play) that can go through the commits and tell us EXACTLY at what commit Xperia Play controls stopped working.

If nobody can pull that off then this issue is never going to fix itself - this issue requires hands-on testing and I don’t feel like doing countless back and forths with people on IRC about this - it will be particularly painful.

Hi. Sorry for question and for my bad English :< I bought Defender Game Master Classic, it will arrive 24. Bought it for play RetroArch. Can I play with it ?

Once you get it, you could report keycodes to us and then we can include it.