RetroArch Android releases (v1.0.0.2)

Hi, I am programming a IME so that it block input data from my real device and forward it to a virtual one, but retroarch detects on port0 the physical device denying me to play. Is there a way to choose from which input device detect user input?

Does the new version take up significantly more space than the version from Februrary/March? Is there any way to move Retroarch onto the SD card?

Before you tell me, I know I am using an anachronistic phone with lacking internal storage even at launch.

@Charliedon’tsurf Unfortunately, it can’t be moved to the SD card, since it’s a native app. It takes up a bit more space with the new MAME078 core but there’s not really anything to be done about it unless you can compile your own version with only the cores you want.

Thank you for the reply. Yeah I think R12 (the version which worked great for the Xperia Play) took up about 30-40 megs, now it’s slightly above 100mb. That’s pretty much the bleeding edge of spare space on a non rooted, non bloatware-purged Xperia Play - I have 7 megs left currently on the internal and all that’s on it is Google Play services and Retroarch R16. When I say non-bloatware purged, I mean all those crap programs ATT rqeuires to be on the phone and which can’t be uninstalled without Root, such as Facebook.

I asked on another forum http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=42761961#post42761961 for Xperia Play owners with development knowledge to please come help the effort, hopefully someone will show up.

Thanks for all your hard work guys.

The only thing that can be done about RetroArch’s filesize is you deleting cores manually that you don’t need -you’d have to do this with a filebrowser on your device or by using DDMS in Eclipse. Find the app directory of RetroArch, and then inside ‘libs’ remove the cores you don’t want/need.

Well, for the life of me, I can’t get RetroArch to start any MAME roms. I have the .147 romset (actually .147 and .148) and the latest retroarch, and when I try to start any rom, it just hangs for a few seconds and kicks me back to the main menu, or else it says “could not start so and so.zip”. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. I tried regular games like pacman, neo geo (I have the neogeo.zip) and cps3, all didn’t work. I must be doing something wrong. My device is a JXD S5110.

The MAME core uses the 0.78 set.

I was trying to use the fba core. I believe that uses the .147 set correct?

Ah I see, you hadn’t mentioned you were using the Final Burn Alpha core. It uses FBA 02.97.28 roms. Google “FBA roms” and go to the first site listed (it’s French). Use the bios for neo geo and roms from there :slight_smile:

Oh, ok. I was going by this post from January:

http://forum.themaister.net/viewtopic.php?pid=1482#p1482

…that seemed to suggest that I needed the .147 MAME romset.

Thanks for your help!

You’re welcome.

FBA core: 02.97.28 FBA roms, MAME core: MAME 0.78 roms

A little confusing I know, but onece you get one working you will be all set to get the rest working. Make sure to use the parent roms.

I’ll give that a try…thanks again!

Thanks for this new release, working beatifully using a JXD s5110B. I use custom binds to map controls, but it’s working great in both keyboard and joystick modes.

I am not an android developer, but I can test out different versions to see where the xperia controls “broke”. My only issue is that I can only find r16 and r8, and I am unable to find any of the versions in between. If you’d like my help through this method, I would be happy to contribute, I just need the different versions. Is there an “old version” archive that I can parse to test them out? Thanks.

@STiG He means individual commits to the git repo. You would need to be able to check out the individual code snapshots and compile them yourself.

I am not an android developer, but I can test out different versions to see where the xperia controls “broke”. My only issue is that I can only find r16 and r8, and I am unable to find any of the versions in between. If you’d like my help through this method, I would be happy to contribute, I just need the different versions. Is there an “old version” archive that I can parse to test them out? Thanks.[/quote]

Edit: old link is dead. I put a new one up on Anonfiles.

https://anonfiles.com/file/764d8c174f7bc9ebf13356e8bc7f2bed <----- R12, AFAIK the last version to autodetect Xperia Play hardware properly

Thanks for your help Squarepusher. Do you know what directory Retroarch installs to, where that lib file is? Sorry to be such a dumbass about this topic, I just spent about 20 minutes in Astro file manager trying to find it.

Thanks for your help Squarepusher. Do you know what directory Retroarch installs to, where that lib file is? Sorry to be such a dumbass about this topic, I just spent about 20 minutes in Astro file manager trying to find it.

/data/data/org.retroarch/lib/

/data is actually emtpy according to my file browser.

[quote=“Charliedontsurf”]

/data is actually emtpy according to my file browser.[/quote]

You need to root the device probably to be able to take a peek inside it.

Thanks for update!!! lovin the MAME core but is there a way to enable cheats and autofire like in mame4droid (not reloaded)?