RetroArch Android releases (v1.0.0.2)

I already put the syscard3.pce, game.iso and game.cue in the same directory. But it doesn’t works. Need more file or other process? I try run a japanese ROM (Dracula X). I think i need the game file turned on a BIN file right?[/quote]

Wrong ROM/bios probably.

I already put the syscard3.pce, game.iso and game.cue in the same directory. But it doesn’t works. Need more file or other process? I try run a japanese ROM (Dracula X). I think i need the game file turned on a BIN file right?[/quote]

Wrong ROM/bios probably.[/quote]

In other post, i read that BIOS must to inside the USRDIR/cores/system… but i don’t have this folder on my android device. I already changed the path system directory on options, aims to BIOS file, but isn’t worked. I have a BIOS copy into the same directory of the ROMS. I tried other bios files and rome files, but not worked too. I can run it on PCE.emu with same files :frowning:

FYI, I am seeing problems with all four face buttons, not just two. Over at xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=43501227&postcount=373) I’ve found that at least one other person has the same problem.

Thanks for the great work![/quote]

Sigh - so I guess I have to undo the remapping I did for the specific few that wanted it ( and for ouya users).[/quote]

Sorry, I should have been more vocal about the fact that it was working perfectly so that you wouldn’t have been swayed by the few who wanted it changed! :smiley:

I love retroarch / libretro - Thank you for making this!

been chatting with OMGsus on issue #262 the need for a wonderswan overlay and have run into a few stumbling blocks namely the core seams to act a bit wonky when you dont have auto rotation enabled.

Is that possible to fine tune GenplusGX on RetoArch to make its performance comparable to MD.emu from Robert Broglia on the Xperia Play? MD.emu runs smoothly on it while GenplusGX/RetroArch has sound and general performance issues.

No.

We will probably put picodrive in one of the next releases for people with low-end devices.

Squarepusher I´m having a small problem with retroarch. I installed it recently on my archos gamepad and i configured the buttons so the letters match (A-A, B-B, etc.). It woks perfect with all cores except gambatte. Gambatte is the onlyone that desnt allow me to use my custom bind so i have to use the touchscreen buttons to play gamebo/color games. Thanks for this great program.

Stop making comparisons to broglia. He is irrelevant and non-noteworthy.

Stop assuming that the bad performance you get is the cores fault.

stop assuming that it is RetroArchs fault rather than Androids.

Stop assuming your outdated and dead device is any good.

you might get a better response out of me that way.

I have reintalled retroarch 5 times and th gambatte issue is still there, the other cores allows me to use my custom binds without problem…

There should be no difference between Gambatte and any of the other cores. Most likely you just need to make sure that you bind RetroPad Button A and RetroPad Button B since those are the two face buttons respectively.

I have A B Start Select Up Down Left Right binded and they dont work on gambatte, but they wok on VBA Next or FCEUmm

Stop making comparisons to broglia. He is irrelevant and non-noteworthy.

Stop assuming that the bad performance you get is the cores fault.

stop assuming that it is RetroArchs fault rather than Androids.

Stop assuming your outdated and dead device is any good.

you might get a better response out of me that way.[/quote]

This is the first law of RetroArch coders:

!mention (Broglia || *.EMU)

As long as it is respected, everything wil run smoothly…

Squarepusher this is how i hve binded my controls. They work pefect with al cores except gambatte.

I flashed CM10 to my Ouya and using Dancing Pixel Studios Sixaxis pair tool and I’m running the latest Retroarch build from the Play store.

I paired a sixaxis controller and although everything appears to work correctly, I can’t seem to use the L1 and R2 triggers in any of the cores. In the settings I tried both autodetect and custom mapping the controller both to no avail. When I hit the PS button within a core, all the key mappings are set to Unknown and I can’t seem to change them no matter what.

I don’t know if anyone else has had any luck mapping buttons in this fashion. I suspect the problem may be related to me running this on an Ouya? Any help is appreciated.

sigh Android is so frustrating… today RetroArch wouldn’t go full speed even on NES emulation on my Galaxy Note 2…uninstalled and reinstalled the program, messed with v- and GPU sync, refresh rate, tried so set filter passes to 0, etc etc. (Eventually NES ran smoothly but not any of the other cores I’m using(FBA/SNES/VBA were at 40-45fps))

Then I turned of the Bluetooth stack(was using my Nokia905 BT headset for some reason), and sure enough, everything ran perfectly after that. (Usually I’m not using my BT headset because I can’t, since I’m using a dualshock3 wirelessly thanks to an app that disables the BT stack and uses it on it’s own, leaving the BT stack unavailable for other BT devices to be used, so I use the very same headset but plugged in)

So no bt headset, no tv-out. Thanks Google, really. (From this discovery I guess I should just use my dualshock3 plugged in and free some CPU resources? What’s you input on this Squarepusher?

On a side note, I think there’s something funky going on with RGUI, I just can’t set the passes to 0, and if I try different filters one after the other (replacing it on the 1st pass, not adding other passes obviously), by hit apply, the filter changes, but the emu slows down, and even more if I change the filter again, as if the previous filters were still worked on by the emu, not unloaded somehow(?)

Hi Squarepusher, what time do you usually go on the irc channel?

I have the same problem JJAvmetal stated and I can debug my device if you need to.

Hi Squarepusher, what time do you usually go on the irc channel?

I have the same problem JJAvmetal stated and I can debug my device if you need to.[/quote]

It’s of no use - the bug is known and it isn’t actually a bug -

the Java input service expects an input event to be handled within 5 seconds. If for whatever reason an input event can’t be handled within these five seconds, then the app will assume that your program has crashed and will issue an ANR (Application Not Responding). At this point it basically wants to shut down your program.

On iOS something similar happens when you try to interrupt the UI Thread from being able to run for a small amount of time.

Anyway, all this indicates (for input events not to be handled within five seconds) is that whatever input medium you use (Bluetooth/whatever), it is most likely shit slow.

Anyway, we don’t have a good solution for this and most likely this can be added to the long list of known problems - one of the many reasons why Android is simply unsuitable as a games console.

Hi Squarepusher. The weird thing is, I’m using two usb controllers tied to an usb hub on a mk802IIIS mini computer. I have tried this on another emulator and could play without problems, and I think 5 seconds is too much time as long as i can play on retroarch with one controller with no lag at all.

I’ve posted more info on the bug submission thread: http://forum.themaister.net/viewtopic.php?pid=6127#p6127

Maybe maister’s threaded input pull request could help out here - I dunno really. The entire OS is a pain to wrap one’s head around.

I can code, I’m just not used to emulation/android development yet, but maybe with some directions I can make a patch.