RetroArch Android releases (v1.0.0.2)

Just to ask, is there compatability list for PCSX reARMed? As when i play Crash Team Racing (Europe), it crashes when trying to load a course.

I have the Sony Xperia T (LT30p) on Jelly Bean v4.1.2 and i’m using RetroArch for Android v0.9.9.3 (r17).

Edit: the American/US version work fine though

My device is a JXD S5110, and after installing r17, smart launcher and nova launcher are both constantly crashing and I’m getting intermittent freeze-ups. It never happened even once before. I uninstalled retroarch, but the problem is still there.

I’ve read threads upon threads and I couldn’t find a way to make my 8-Bitty controller work with RA on my Galaxy S4.

I’ve tried the Bluez IME app but it’s not compatible with the S4 and the Android 4.2.2 version. The Bluez IME never gets a chance to connect with the 8-Bitty because the system never release the BT connection, according to the author of Bluez.

I tried to use the iCade options inside RA (without an IME driver) but nothing worked. I thought that RA could have native support of iCade compatible controllers but it does seem to rely on Bluez IME, as stated in the manual. My 8-Bitty works perfectly with Mame4Droid, so I know that the connection is OK without Bluez IME.

Is there something I missed? Does anyone with an S4, an 8-Bitty and RA got it all working together? I really like this tiny pad…

Edit: I finally bought a Steelseries Free which is natively HID compliant to get rid of the flaky iCade support. Works like a charm!

With Retroarch for Android, I’m using Sixaxis Controller to connect my ps3 controller via bluetooth. I understand I can custom map buttons in the retroarch settings but is it possible to map buttons on a per-core or even per-game basis?

I see in the in-game popup menu there is a section for Input but all button mappings show “Unknown” and I can’t seem to change them.

Thanks for a great product by the way!

Guys, congratulations on this absolutely stunning piece of software. I’m eager to see the analog sticks implemented in the PCSX core so I can phase out all the other PSX emulators I use in my Xperia Play. I also would like to know if there is a possibility to save key mappings on a core or game basis.

Another thing, how can I get an overlay with just two circles for L2/R2 (like the one in the official xperia play emulator) or L1/R1? I ask this because some games use L1/R1 more intensively (like Metal Gear Solid), while others use L2/R2 (like Gran Turismo 2), and the xperia play features only one pair of triggers.

Again, thanks for all the hard work poured into this app. It is fantastic.

. This issues are still pending for me, I know that you guys are busy, hence the fact I’ve been waiting without complaining, but I wondered when would you at least remap the PS3 controllers. The shaders issue can be weeped if the Shaders are deleted from the APK. At last : How can we set two players to play in he same device ? With the player using the PS3 controller and the second the on-screen touch overlay. Thanks for help,support, develloping this software and for the love you’ve brought from the emu scene :slight_smile:

i found out that by adjusting the Hard GPU Sync in the Video Options to 3, it makes most games run a bit better for certain cores.

Edit: Although, i seriously don’t know what it does…

. This issues are still pending for me, I know that you guys are busy, hence the fact I’ve been waiting without complaining, but I wondered when would you at least remap the PS3 controllers. The shaders issue can be weeped if the Shaders are deleted from the APK. At last : How can we set two players to play in he same device ? With the player using the PS3 controller and the second the on-screen touch overlay. Thanks for help,support, develloping this software and for the love you’ve brought from the emu scene :)[/quote]

The remapping of the PS3 controller (assuming you mean the two face buttons that were swapped around) is already fixed and should be in the next release.

Also - we are going to be having two frontends in the next version - the user can pick which one he wants to use - he can use either the old one or a ‘new one’ that was developed by meancoot. The old one does most of its runtime state in C/C++ with minimal JNI crosstalk while the one by meancoot resides most of its time in Java land with JNI crosstalk to the C/C++ library.

We are going to see how users are going to react to these frontends, how they think about them and then make a decision as to whether to keep them both or get rid of one or the other. One thing is for certain - Android might be crap, but there has to be some way to deal with the crappiness so that it isn’t a totally hopeless port. So that is what this new approach is about.

What do you honestly expect? The second option is a ‘speed hack’ option to make the Enhanced resolution mode somewhat faster. It is acknowledged that this will BREAK certain graphic elements in a game - hence it is not recommended really.

The only way to solve this is to disable the ‘Enhanced resolution speed hack’. If it’s not fast enough for you, then get a faster phone/tablet or wait until we might be arsed to add multithreading. All of this stuff is being done on the CPU so any comparisons to FPSe/ePSXe are pointless as to ‘why does this require so much CPU power?’. An iPad 4 runs nearly every game with Enhanced resolution at fullspeed though.

Sorry I meant no offense. RetroArch is absolutely superb.Enabling only one of the Enhance Res doesn’t remov e Shadows, but anyway. I never said that my device isn’t powerful enough it just can’t handle 3 shaders passes that are set by default and can’t be changed :slight_smile: And what about the two players ? When I plug the controller and activate the on screen controls both are controlled by player 1

. This issues are still pending for me, I know that you guys are busy, hence the fact I’ve been waiting without complaining, but I wondered when would you at least remap the PS3 controllers. The shaders issue can be weeped if the Shaders are deleted from the APK. At last : How can we set two players to play in he same device ? With the player using the PS3 controller and the second the on-screen touch overlay. Thanks for help,support, develloping this software and for the love you’ve brought from the emu scene :)[/quote]

The remapping of the PS3 controller (assuming you mean the two face buttons that were swapped around) is already fixed and should be in the next release.

Also - we are going to be having two frontends in the next version - the user can pick which one he wants to use - he can use either the old one or a ‘new one’ that was developed by meancoot. The old one does most of its runtime state in C/C++ with minimal JNI crosstalk while the one by meancoot resides most of its time in Java land with JNI crosstalk to the C/C++ library.

We are going to see how users are going to react to these frontends, how they think about them and then make a decision as to whether to keep them both or get rid of one or the other. One thing is for certain - Android might be crap, but there has to be some way to deal with the crappiness so that it isn’t a totally hopeless port. So that is what this new approach is about.[/quote]

Hi Squashpusher. Actually I meant being able to completely remap buttons between games and/or cores. I believe each core should have some kind of button mapping config setting either via a file or their previous interfaces. The closest thing I found to it is the ‘Input settings’ screen in the retroarch menu, but I can’t seem to remap any of the buttons - they all show ‘Unknown’.

Did you disable autodetect first?

Per-core/per-game config is a common request, but it’s a deceptively complex issue to tackle in a portable fashion. On PC, it’s not a problem because you can already make as many cfg files as you want and just pass them to RetroArch at runtime, but it gets particularly messy on mobile platforms where the filesystem is less accessible to users.

Did you disable autodetect first?

Per-core/per-game config is a common request, but it’s a deceptively complex issue to tackle in a portable fashion. On PC, it’s not a problem because you can already make as many cfg files as you want and just pass them to RetroArch at runtime, but it gets particularly messy on mobile platforms where the filesystem is less accessible to users.[/quote]

Ah, I didn’t know it was such a common request. Yes I suppose it makes sense that it is hard to provide custom mappings for each core/game on mobile if separate files need to be managed. However in each core, I can bring up the popup menu via the PS button and it seems I’m able to at least select custom video modes and rotations on a per-game basis. Since the button mappings are also in that screen, would any custom override not be saved the same way?

Sorry I haven’t looked at the code to see how this in-game menu is managed but I suppose doing it in the above fashion seems to be the most direct way to me (MAME afaik also accomplishes things this way too).

Do you know if the new UI plans to accommodate this?

I’ll try your suggestion of disabling autodetection (I assume you mean in the retroarch config and not in the in-game popup menu?)

The iOS port has two options -

a Global config which is applied to all cores,

and a Custom config which you can enable per core and will override the global config for that core.

We could do something like that for Android - although meancoot still has to restore custom config for the IOS port since he had to take it out after he did some OSX / IOS code merges.

Sorry for the question… how can i run pc engine cd? I try run a ISO file but it does’t works. Need Bios file?

I believe you need a syscard3.pce bios in the same directory as the ROM

I already put the syscard3.pce, game.iso and game.cue in the same directory. But it doesn’t works. Need more file or other process? I try run a japanese ROM (Dracula X). I think i need the game file turned on a BIN file right?

Is there any support for cheats.db to work on PCSX ReARMed? I tried putting the .db in all folders I could think related to the emulator, but I didn’t see anything show up in menu showing: “cheats”…

FYI, I am seeing problems with all four face buttons, not just two. Over at xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=43501227&postcount=373) I’ve found that at least one other person has the same problem.

Thanks for the great work!

FYI, I am seeing problems with all four face buttons, not just two. Over at xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=43501227&postcount=373) I’ve found that at least one other person has the same problem.

Thanks for the great work![/quote]

Sigh - so I guess I have to undo the remapping I did for the specific few that wanted it ( and for ouya users).