RetroArch Android releases (v1.0.0.2)

I don’t have an Xperia Play so I can’t really test. You’re reliant on people that own it and that feel like looking at it to give us pull requests.

• [PCSX ReARMed] Add core option to switch between Dual Shock and regular gamepad modes

Hi. I have archos gamepad. Can I enable analog sticks on this tablet after last update? p.s. when I select pad type “analog” nothing happens p.s.s retroarch defines the buttons as “joykey” in port 0. And sticks as “joystick” in port 1.

//sry for my english.

Analog sticks are still not properly hooked up on the Android port. This functionality was added to PCSX ReARMed in general and already works on iOS. Android will come later.

Ty for answers. I’ll wait for new updates =D

Thanks, I’ll wait for updates too :smiley:

Dunno if it’s just me, but is the PrBoom core missing in this update?

That happened to me. I started with R16 with Mame and FBA deleted, then updated to R17, and noticed PrBoom (Doom) wasn’t there. Reinstalling fixed it.

Hmm, it’s definitely inside the APK.

Stupid question, if I edit the prboom.cfg file, can I make it include the rest of the doom 2 music? For example, for a level that wants to play stlks2.mp3, it instead says in the cfg file to play stalks.mp3. If I change the text, will it work? Sorry if this is the wrong section, I really have little experience with these sorts of things.

.[/quote]

This issue also happened to me in r17 realease, but I’ve used a PS3 siaxis controller (the version without vibration). Even worse, buttons were completely “unbinded”. Uninstalling it, deleting files, rebooting my Android device, snd reinstalling it fixed that for the moment. But another thing bothers me : Why are the Shaders auto-enabled by default ? I mean there are 3(!) passes enabled and there’s no way to modify the settings. It resets itself(the settings) each time a game is loaded.I can’t save my settings (in-game emulator settings, the green-menu, you know) One last question : I want to play with two player on my GT-N7000, but wants the player with the touchscreen controls to be the second player, and thus to set the player one to use the ps3 controller. How can I do it ?

Thanks for the new update, the PCSX reARMed is running great as ever, but there still a problem, Parasite Eve 2 still don’t work, I was reading on the PCSX reARMed (reloaded) in the Pandora section, and they said that is a problem involving anti-piracy copy protection, have a way to fix it? ‘-’

There are those 3 problem that are getting across my way to enjoyment of this pearl of emulation software :

• Problem to disable the Shaders, and the settings aren’t correctly “synchronized” between Retroarch setings and GreenMenu settings (Don’t know how to name it)
  • Enabling Enhance Res. (both) disable shadows. And the worse the PS3 controller binds are completely messed up, and sometimes I even can’t open the green menu. I tried to set up my own binds but then either the stick or the D-pad aren’t recognized, and I still can’t open the Green Menu

And the other menu is the “Cocoa interface” ? My questions are still pending :slight_smile:

No, that is iOS. Cocoa is a user interface library by Apple used on both iOS and OSX.

How do you call the Android Retroarch main interface then ? But I was thinking of my previous questions :slight_smile:

You can’t because RetroArch Android is not a Java app - it is entirely native code - the only Java part is the nuts and bolts behind the native activity.

In the “green screen” go to Input -> DPad Emulation -> None. That should fix the touchpad spam.

@Squarepusher Might make sense to make this the default setting if the xperia play keypad is detected. Another option would be to filter touch events by source, obtained from the MotionEvent. Ignore events whose source is SOURCE_TOUCHPAD, pass events whose source is SOURCE_TOUCHSCREEN. That’s what we do in mupen64plus-ae and we’ve never had any issues.

it appears "Port 4:GreenAsia Inc. USB Joystick " not such as “HID%somename here%”

means support or unsupport?

thank you!

You need to read the first post of this thread - http://forum.themaister.net/viewtopic.php?id=248

and report keycodes to me.

Hi,

I was wondering why this site says Genesis Plus Gx 1.7.4 is the latest version, but when I run the app, it shows 1.7.3.

Also, in Genesis Plus Gx, the music in Dark Wizard plays fine on my gs3, but doesn’t play at all during the title screen and combat on my Nexus 7. Would someone please pass this along so that it might get fixed? Thanks!