RetroArch Android releases (v1.0.0.2)

PS3 bug report update:

Genesis Plus core Sega CD emulation - Lag (pauses about once for a brief second once every 8 seconds or so.

Can anyone else confirm this bug?

It might be something that ekeeke changed in his emulator (could be a regression) - I’ve noticed ‘delays’ a couple of times too in Genesis Plus GX where previously there were none.

[quote=“JJaVMeTaL”]

Tried what you said, nothing changes. The thing is that the same game -Aero Fighters- runs perfect on Snes9x without tweaking anything. Will continue testing tomorrow and i will try maybe on another tv.

Thanks for the quick responses!

Cheers!![/quote]

Are you talking about ‘lag’ or are you talking about a bad framerate? Please be specific - I’ve seen ‘lag’ being misappropriated so many times that I’d prefer people be specific about it. It might just be that it doesn’t run at fullspeed when hooked up to HDMI hence what you refer to as ‘lag’.

Anyway, SNES9x Next (being 1.52 based) should still be a lot more demanding than SNES9x 1.43 (which is what SNES9x EX is based on) even though I have done a lot of optimizations that were very beneficial to performance.

Anyway, we acknowledge that VBA Next and SNES9x Next might be too demanding for some Android devices (they are for my Cortex A8) - and there will probably be surrogate ‘replacements’ for those on Android.

It might be something that ekeeke changed in his emulator (could be a regression) - I’ve noticed ‘delays’ a couple of times too in Genesis Plus GX where previously there were none.[/quote]

Ah, can this be rectified in any way even temporarily? Would it require using a previous Genesis Plus GX build in an upcoming release?

It might be something that ekeeke changed in his emulator (could be a regression) - I’ve noticed ‘delays’ a couple of times too in Genesis Plus GX where previously there were none.[/quote]

Ah, can this be rectified in any way even temporarily? Would it require using a previous Genesis Plus GX build in an upcoming release?[/quote]

Perhaps it would be best if you would alert ekeeke to it -

https://code.google.com/p/genplus-gx/issues/list

If he believes that it is a libretro bug then we will investigate further

Ah, can this be rectified in any way even temporarily? Would it require using a previous Genesis Plus GX build in an upcoming release?[/quote]

If he believes that it is a libretro bug then we will investigate further[/quote]

Done. Does he update his emulator regularly? I just hope he doesn’t overlook my post.

If he believes that it is a libretro bug then we will investigate further[/quote]

Done. Does he update his emulator regularly? I just hope he doesn’t overlook my post.[/quote]

It’s hard to find a more dedicated guy as far as Genesis is concerned.

Awesome.

Further PS3 bug report :

A blinking vertical green line appears on the right side of the screen randomly when starting roms. Does not always appear but sometimes even reseting a game can result in it appearing. (Happens with all cores i’ve tried so far)

Which core does this happen with or does it affect them all?

All so far. Again, it is random. I’m playing on PC engine right now and it just went away.

Is this with a specific resolution?

My resolution is 1920x1080.

Also, I am still encountering that weird bug mentioned earlier about not being able to access the Rom Menu after awhile (Just a reminder).

http://code.google.com/p/genplus-gx/issues/detail?can=2&q=&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Priority%20Milestone%20Owner%20Summary&groupby=&sort=&id=322

Here is an update on the prior issue. It seems it may be just the PS3 port. Any other suggestions?

You shouldn’t have really mentioned which shader you’re using - that is just throwing red herrings into the entire thing and it has zero to do with the actual issue. It also makes it more likely that he will just disregard the issue altogether instead of looking at it (like he just did).

That being said, perhaps the problem here is the samplerate we’re using - I could bump it up and see if that produces better results now.

You shouldn’t have really mentioned which shader you’re using - that is just throwing red herrings into the entire thing and it has zero to do with the actual issue. It also makes it more likely that he will just disregard the issue altogether instead of looking at it (like he just did).

That being said, perhaps the problem here is the samplerate we’re using - I could bump it up and see if that produces better results now.[/quote]

My apologies I was unaware. Squarepusher check your PM.

I ran it on one Android TV box (1GHz A9 single core, 1G RAM, Mali400) and found out the same result. But on my another Android TV box (1.6GHz A9 dual cores, 1G RAM, 4 Mali400) , it runs great, perect sound and decent speed except terrible touch controls. The touch controls are not working very good.I used a USB mouse to click the touch keys. Sometimes they work ,but sometimes not. very werid.

What i mean is that the game doesnt work at fullspeed, sound and video is slow.

@A9CG i have been testing it in my tablet A9 dual core 1,6 with Mali 400, as i said to Squarepusher is about the game being slow all the time. And its not about one lib, all works the same, but when i play with mame4droid, nesoid or snes9x doesnt happens.

Maybe there should be an option to turn autoframeskip or something to prevent this slowdown on games?

Once i get back home i´ll continue and try to test the emu on another tv.

Is there more people around here who can test their devices pluggin them to their tvs with HDMI? Hope we can get a solution to this soon :slight_smile:

Cheers!!

Hi, I’ve tried Retroarch on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and Gambatte and VBA next are slow when I try to play Pokemon TCG 2 (GBC), Advance Wars 2 (GBA), and Pokemon Emerald (GBA).

I got interested in retroarch when I read a post where it was said that TGB dual would be included in the android release. Will this still happen, and will I be able to run it at full speed?

I’d also be interested in an emulator like TGB but for the GBA. Will VBA next support link cable functionality like VBA on the pc?

Thanks

I’m pretty sure that has nothing to do with it in this case. Not having autoframeskip is a blessing if anything.

Most likely you just can’t tell the difference between something frameskipping (and mistake that for ‘no lag’) vs. it having zero frameskipping. All I know is that HDMI TV-Out modes on my device plain suck for everything - Sonic CD (the app store game) had similar lag issues. I don’t know how to have any control over these HDMI TV-Out modes or how to even ‘detect’ that it’s being run over HDMI Out.

I’m stuck on an el-cheapo tablet so I was not sure if the problem was just due to my inferior hardware or whether there was actually a problem there.

No, VBA Next is not going to support link cable functionality. I took all that crap out for a reason - it broke a lot of commercial games such as Sonic Advance 1 and 2.

Regarding TGB Dual - yes, I’ll look into porting that.

Regarding your performance problem - like I said before, VBA Next is not the fastest core around for ARM. A gpSP port would do a lot better there.

Regarding Gambatte - I honestly don’t know why you say it’s slow - it’s one of the fastest and most accurate Game Boy cores - it’s even fullspeed on my crappy Cortex A8 Allwinner tablet. What device do you have?