RetroArch Android releases (v1.0.0.2)

static const char * const biosfiles_us[] = { “us_scd1_9210”, “us_scd2_9306”, “SegaCDBIOS9303”, “bios_CD_U” }; static const char * const biosfiles_eu[] = { “eu_mcd1_9210”, “eu_mcd2_9306”, “eu_mcd2_9303”, “bios_CD_E” }; static const char * const biosfiles_jp[] = { “jp_mcd1_9112”, “jp_mcd1_9111”, “bios_CD_J” };

Rename your BIOS files to either one of those (with as extension ‘bin’) and put them in your system directory.

If you haven’t set up a custom system directory - then the system directory is the same directory as the ISO you’re trying to load.

See if that works.[/quote]

Yeah squarepusher it’s not a bios problem the files are properly named and in the games directory. All worked well in r17 with Gen Plus GX. Just not r18. I tried setting up a system directory for the bios files to see if that would work but didn’t. I wonder if it’s maybe a new bug with having all three bios files E,J,U in the game directory instead of just the one that is needed… Certainly was never a problem before r18, Will test and find out.

Those files I listed were for Picodrive, not Genesis Plus GX.

So PicoDrive and Genesis Plus GX use different bios revisions ? I have them named bios_CD_E.bin bios_CD_J.bin and bios_CD_U.bin, will find the revisions you listed and report back

So PicoDrive and Genesis Plus GX use different bios revisions ? I have them named bios_CD_E.bin bios_CD_J.bin and bios_CD_U.bin, will find the revisions you listed and report back[/quote]

Just different filename conventions probably.

Ok i got the scd1 and mcd1 revision bios tried without renaming and both gen plus gx and picodrive failed.

Renamed them to bios_CD_U.bin , J, E, and now Genesis Plus GX works… But when trying to load the same .iso in PicoDrive i get “Unfortunatly retroarch has stopped” crash-

Happy to get the game working in Genesis Plus GX but PicoDrive is better if only it would’nt crash when loading the .iso, all else is perfect flawless gameplay on the old nexus 7 with threaded video diver.

Tried loading the cue instead for Picodrive?

Will try that. The game im trying to load is Silpheed… Made up of .iso and .mp3s with no .cue file

Just tested another game to see if it was just a problem with that game but no joy.

I also tried having all revisions of bios renamed to all the various filenames but still no luck… Gen Plus GX is working but Picodrive just crashing. I’m beginning to think it’s a nexus 7 4.3 android screw up. Ever since updating to 4.3 few days ago. Having a few app crashes.

Will try loading the .cue file and see what happens.

SNES9x Next save state loading issue fixed.

Will be in r19.

Loaded a different version of the same game with a .cue file in picodrive and it started straight up.

Problem fixed. Picodrive seems to need to load the .cue file for Mega CD games.

Incase anyone else has the same issues use the original v1 bios files renamed to bios_CD_E.bin , bios_CD_U.bin and bios_CD_J.bin in the custom directory or the game folder and load the .cue file.

Nice work with the Snes save state fix squarepusher… Looking forward to r19.

Cheers.

Was anything changed in MAME 2003 in r18? Or do I need to change a setting somewhere? In addition, lot of the roms I had in the previous r17 release had graphic glitches before going back to the menu. I am using the 0.78 romset. Using the Nvidia Shield.

Nothing was changed.

List the games please and how they were previously different according to you.

SNES9x obviously. Also higher system requirements.

Is there something wrong with the latest version on the Play Store? I used to play ff5 (gba) but stopped for a while. A month later, I figured I’d continue my save file but I noticed retroarch’s menu is really slow now. There’s like a 2 second delay whenever I try to navigate the menus and when starting a core (vba here for instance), I don’t see the controller overlay anymore.

Edit: s3 user by the way. It used to work fine before it auto updated

Menu navigation is slow with slight delay on my Galaxy S2 untill core is loaded too. It must be a Galaxy S problem since you have the S3 and my S2 does the same shit. I never mentioned this as I never use my galaxy except for phoning and texting since i got the Nexus 7, also it was never a big problem having a laggy navigation, the cores worked fine when loaded. Dont know if I can’t see the overlays as i always used sixaxis app and controller with overlays disabled. (Could never play games with touchscreen buttons) but there is definitely a delay in navigation of the cores/settings of retroarch on the Galaxy S2.

Also VBA will be slow on an S3 i think. I think it requires top end better system specs to run at full speed.

Menu navigation is slow with slight delay on my Galaxy S2 untill core is loaded too. It must be a Galaxy S problem since you have the S3 and my S2 does the same shit. I never mentioned this as I never use my galaxy except for phoning and texting since i got the Nexus 7, also it was never a big problem having a laggy navigation, the cores worked fine when loaded. Dont know if I can’t see the overlays as i always used sixaxis app and controller with overlays disabled. (Could never play games with touchscreen buttons) but there is definitely a delay in navigation of the cores/settings of retroarch on the Galaxy S2.

Also VBA will be slow on an S3 i think. I think it requires top end better system specs to run at full speed.[/quote]

The thing is everything used to work perfectly fine like a month ago. Might be whatever rom I’m using now or something else. Guess I’ll try to reflash to something better since my phone does seem kinda sluggish lately

is it possible to have an option for different controller configurations for each core? I’m playing on my OUYA with USB Adapters for my SNES and Megadrive Pads and i always have to remap them…quite annoying.

FYI, I am seeing problems with all four face buttons, not just two. Over at xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=43501227&postcount=373) I’ve found that at least one other person has the same problem.

Thanks for the great work![/quote]

Sigh - so I guess I have to undo the remapping I did for the specific few that wanted it ( and for ouya users).[/quote]

Did the fix for the swapped buttons get pulled out? r18 still has the PS3 (ver 2) controller face buttone swapped, triangle for cross and square for circle. I tried bith auto update and reinstall and the behavior of the controller is the same. It really wouldn’t be that big an issue except using the manual configuration results in a full 1 second lag on 3 of the direction buttons (up, down and right; left works fine) where I have to hold down the button for 1 second for it to register.

Which PS3 pad is this? A clone?

The problem is that a lot of PS3 pads right now are grouped under the same device configuration. So if I change it for one, it might adversely affect the others.

Go to the other thread and report your HID name and keycodes so we can have a look at how to differentiate this thing.

This is a Sony dual shock 3 controller… PCSX ReARMed shows it as PlayStation 3 version 2. I posted here because it used to work before r17, so it seemed like a bug, but I’ll move it there if you want (I just didn’t want to pollute that thread with bug report :slight_smile: )

I’ve just tried the latest version on the play store and can confirm the mappings are still off for Playstation 3 Version 2. (Official Sony DS3) I have set it up in the custom binds and had to set the following to mirror the SNES controller layout:

A Button - Button Y B Button - Button X X Button - Button B Y Button - Button A

This worked fine for me, but I have now been having issues with multiple button presses.