RetroArch Android releases (v1.0.0.2)

Still on the saved files subject: I can’t get my saved states to load. I’m using a custom folder that is pointing to a usb external hard drive, can this be the problem? Also, the saving process is working, I can see the files written on the hd, only the load fails. Not a new issue though, it was already present on 0.9.9.3

@Zou, the .srm files are ommited by retroarch on the rom selection screen, I think it’s just for making it easier to find the rom instead of having all files being shown.

The .srm is alongside the ROM? You never enabled use of “custom save directory” or anything like that?

Finished Tumblepop with a friend, almost 1 hour playing with 2 pads, 0 problems.

Also played some Third Strike and the same, everything worked perfect!

Now we just need the 0.78 mame romset, i think 0.72 should have to do it for now.

Best regards,

The .srm is alongside the ROM? You never enabled use of “custom save directory” or anything like that?[/quote]

No. I’ve never touched any of the option.

Thx a lot for your help.

Can you find the .srm on your device and upload it?

I tried this, but it didn’t make a difference. Thanks anyway.[/quote]

That’s really strange, I have a nexus 4 too and it works like a charm here.[/quote]

After messing with the settings a little and comparing it the previous version I’ve come to the conclusion that r18 is actually better. The problem lies with the Nexus 4.

Nexus 4: r17: Works fine until you stop touching the screen (slowdowns and jittery audio). r17 with threaded video: jittery, but removes the slowdowns and jittery audio when the screen isn’t being touched.

r18: Essentially the same as r17. r18 with threaded video: Works fine until you stop touching the screen (slight jitter and crackling audio, but far better than r17 without threaded video).

This doesn’t seem to apply to the pcsx core which seems to work fine regardless of whether the screen is being touched or not.

Either way, I was talking shit. The threaded video update works great.

hello I,m open a thread in implementations about PICODRIVE and MEGACD emulation.

Maybe I didn´t created this, because this is the correct thread.

How about MEGACD emu in PICODRIVE?

Thanks (sorry, I´m learn English playing videogames)

Hi there. It works except that my GRAVIS Gamepad Pro USB is not configured correctly. How does manual configuration works? I got some numbers from Debug Output but no config file to fill in.

It’s not that difficult to make your own TBH. You will need the latest MAME and Roll Back ROM sets. Then use CLRMAME with the correct DAT file (http://www.progettosnaps.net/dats_en.html) to rebuild the set.

You can get the latest rom set from http://archive.org/details/messmame Unfortunately they haven’t got the Roll Back set. I got it from www.pleasuredome.org.uk

i got my mame 078 set here: https://tinyurl.com/k2zhtxz

Hello, love the app. However I just updated to the new version and loading states appears to be broken on Snes9x-next. Regular .srms are fine and I tried FCEU to see if it was universal or not. States, both auto and manual save but loading from either menu or the auto-loader causes a crash. I’m on Android 4.1.2

@NatashaQuick Yeah, that seems to be an issue. See this thread for more details: http://forum.themaister.net/viewtopic.php?pid=6869#p6869

As a general note for anyone: savestates are generally unreliable across updates for any emulator. The slightest change to emulation code often changes the state machine, rendering older savestates incompatible. It is risky business to rely on savestates rather than in-game/srm saves.

@hunterk, as long as I’ve tested, this is not a r17-to-r18 issue

r18 saves are not loading too.

OK, I managed to reproduce the SNES9x Next savestate crashing issue upon loading the state - – AFAIK somebody added some ANDROID ifdefs to savestate loading/saving sometime ago in Next that were supposed to avoid optimization breakage.

Ill try getting to the bottom of this.

Awesome news about getting the file size down so much! Freaking A. That makes life on the outdated XP alot easier.

Pico drive works great for Genesis games. I don’t own any DS games hence have no DS roms and can’t test that, but I guess it’s hopeless on this hardware anyway. Quicknes seems to work fine for some games and is crashing on others a few seconds in.

Across all cores there’s that old familiar issue where touching the analogs anywhere make an infinite “down” signal, and hitting in certain areas in certain ways at certain times terminates that core.

I’m still looking on ebay for a cheap enough Xperia Play I can donate to Retroarch. I think you’ll have grain an appreciation once you use it Squarepusher, despite its lack of horsepower.

Hm… I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled Retroarch and I can’t seem to get the Mame core to show up. Edit: another reinstall and it’s good. Retroarch is however now seeming to stop respond far more than in the old version.

Thanks for hunting down bugs related to Snes9x save states Squarepusher. Having your saved games go up in smoke is a real nightmare situation for some of us… First world problems, haha.

Yeah these are new save states. I like to use both types, it’s one of the advantages of emulating. Save states can be a lifesaver on the go as well. Thanks for looking into it!

[BUGS] Using 1st Gen Nexus 7 running 4.3… Having save state crashes with Snes too… Also having crashes with Sega CD. When I test my Sega CD game with the newly added Picodrive core retroarch just crashes. When I try the same game with Gen Plus GX it throws an error saying “this is a PAL sega cd and will not operate in NTSC region” or some BS to that effect. Been using retroarch for a long time and all was golden untill r18. I know android sucks. Started using threaded video driver when I installed r18 and for the first time ever I have no audio pops and performance is nearly flawless. Just have these two crashes/errors. Buttons X and Y A and B were mixed up in r18 for the first time with my wireless PS3 pad but was easily fixed by configuring the Sixaxis app mapping.

Super happy with Picodrive being added even if i’m having errors with Sega CD. Goodbye Mr. Broglia :wink:

static const char * const biosfiles_us[] = { “us_scd1_9210”, “us_scd2_9306”, “SegaCDBIOS9303”, “bios_CD_U” }; static const char * const biosfiles_eu[] = { “eu_mcd1_9210”, “eu_mcd2_9306”, “eu_mcd2_9303”, “bios_CD_E” }; static const char * const biosfiles_jp[] = { “jp_mcd1_9112”, “jp_mcd1_9111”, “bios_CD_J” };

Rename your BIOS files to either one of those (with as extension ‘bin’) and put them in your system directory.

If you haven’t set up a custom system directory - then the system directory is the same directory as the ISO you’re trying to load.

See if that works.

which of the both snes cores is the more accurate?