RetroArch Android releases (v1.0.0.2)

It’s possible to do this yes. It’s as simple as taking the picodrive.so from one APK and putting it in the other - or just transferring it to your Android device - whatever - anybody can figure it out.

Just updated to r18 and performance is drastically worse on my Nexus 4. All the cores I’ve tried have issues with jitter and crackling audio, which wasn’t an issue before. I’ve decided to downgrade to r17 for the time being, which I just downloaded from the libretro website.

I’ve never taken the time to get my head around how github works exactly, but if I was ever to build a previous version of retroarch from source, how would i go about that exactly? I can see a guide here, and I can see the history of changes to the code, or ‘commits’, or whatever, so do I just need to change a few things in those command lines? Jeez, I’m in way over my head, just ignore me if none of this makes sense.

Sucks to hear it’s leading to regressions on some devices.

What Android OS version is this?

It might be that we need to reintroduce the higher latency audio buffer settings of r17 and have people choose between them. Either that, or things were better off just setting audio sampling rate at 48Khz instead of letting Android decide for itself what to pick.

In any case, I think this calls for more user configuration then on the audio side.

The App Store has a feature to load in extra assets outside of the .apk you upload, but because most of our size comes from actual compiled code we can’t use this because of security restraints.

i like how pcsx rearmed is setup to where it keeps all save states and such organized…if have one game in one folder and one game in another, the save states dont get mixed up and each game has its own files for data…fpse and epsxe dont have this, your stuck with one savestate,memcard,or bios folder…

i noticed the talk about nds emulator…is it possible to have a core added for nds4droid? also it possible to add a core for ppssp? ppsspp is a good emulator and runs quite well on single core devices and both are free…not quite sure if theyre open sourced tho but would be nice if they were

I have a Nexus 4 running 4.3 stock (JWR66V). No audio problems here with fba and mame cores. EDIT: Slowdowns and crackling sound appears when I stop touching the screen, so I suppose this is related to the CPU powersaving. This happens with both fba and mame cores. I don’t have any PS1 games to test, as they might load the CPU more and thus have no slowdowns.

I’d like to add PPSSPP eventually as a libretro core. Another showcase for libretro GL I guess.

First up will be Mupen64 though for the version 1.0.0 release.

Sucks to hear it’s leading to regressions on some devices.

What Android OS version is this?

It might be that we need to reintroduce the higher latency audio buffer settings of r17 and have people choose between them. Either that, or things were better off just setting audio sampling rate at 48Khz instead of letting Android decide for itself what to pick.

In any case, I think this calls for more user configuration then on the audio side.[/quote]

It’s 4.3.

Thats android for you had the same the first time on s4. Go to applications -> look for rertro arch -> clear data and unintsall. Then update to the new version and tadaa everything is working fine

Thats android for you had the same the first time on s4. Go to applications -> look for rertro arch -> clear data and unintsall. Then update to the new version and tadaa everything is working fine[/quote]

I tried this, but it didn’t make a difference. Thanks anyway.

Thats android for you had the same the first time on s4. Go to applications -> look for rertro arch -> clear data and unintsall. Then update to the new version and tadaa everything is working fine[/quote]

I tried this, but it didn’t make a difference. Thanks anyway.[/quote]

That’s really strange, I have a nexus 4 too and it works like a charm here.

I ran “adb logcat” with my device plugged into my laptop

Ah, OK.

I was wondering what the advantage (if any) of QuickNES was. Does it have lower requirements or something?

Ah, OK.

I was wondering what the advantage (if any) of QuickNES was. Does it have lower requirements or something?[/quote]

It’s made by blargg (a pretty famous guy in emulation circles) and it holds the distinction of being the fastest NES emu around.

It was closed-source for a long time due to fear of it violating some patent Nintendo had on very fast NES emulation.

Just a heads up. I believe the latest version posted to Google Play is incomplete or corrupted.

I got an error the first time via an auto-update but when I went to the Play Store and chose “May Apps” I just re-installed the update and it worked fine.

Hello,

After yesterday’s release, I’ve lost my saved games. (I’m using SNES9). I’ve found the .srm file, but I’m unable to load it.

Any idea what I can do to get back my precious Chrono Trigger save ?? :slight_smile:

Cheers

@Zou What platform are you on (EDIT: duh, android, since this is the android thread, I guess :P)?

Does it just act like you have no saves at all? EDIT: Could you upload your save file somewhere so we could take a look at it?

UNRELATED MOD NOTE: The thread should be back on track now. No one is banned, but please don’t register here just to waste people’s time kicking up shit.

Was the game saved to application cache folder by any chance? The last update changed use of cache folder to application data folder (which is much more stable).

Yeah, I’m using Android. I’m not sure about the application cache folder. It was working perfectly before the release.

Now, when I’m looking for my save through “Load Game”, I cannot see the .srm file, even if I can find it on my phone.

Sorry if I’m not clear enough.