RetroArch Android releases (v1.0.0.2)

You have the right to have your own conception of the purpose of emulation, but as RetroArch already has a save state feature built in (as nearly ALL emulators on Earth), I’m afraid to tell you you’re completely off topic - and probably on the wrong site, too.

Anyway, I just tried to load a N64 rom with Mupen64plus, it just shows a black screen with the yellow “Loading” message for a few seconds and then simply goes back to the main menu. ROMs are unpacked .n64 files, I tried a few different ones with no result. Is anyone else having this issue?

Check your logs (with a logcat) and see what it says. That’ll make it easier to diagnose the issue.

Here is what alogcat seems to say:

E/SpannableStringBuilder(19289): SPAN_EXCLUSIVE_EXCLUSIVE spans cannot have a zero length

I only picked the red line that repeated a few times, I dunno if it’s the right one.

Get the whole thing and either put it on pastebin (or another similar site) and then paste the link here or paste the whole thing here in

blocks (like you did).

Ok, here’s the whole log. I just restarted the phone and tried to load a ROM with the Mupen64Plus core.

--------- beginning of /dev/log/main
I/dalvikvm( 4756): Turning on JNI app bug workarounds for target SDK version 11...
D/AbsListView( 4756): Get MotionRecognitionManager
W/ResourceType( 4756): Failure getting entry for 0x010802c0 (t=7 e=704) in package 0 (error -75)
W/ResourceType( 4756): Failure getting entry for 0x010802c0 (t=7 e=704) in package 0 (error -75)
E/SpannableStringBuilder( 4756): SPAN_EXCLUSIVE_EXCLUSIVE spans cannot have a zero length
E/SpannableStringBuilder( 4756): SPAN_EXCLUSIVE_EXCLUSIVE spans cannot have a zero length
D/dalvikvm( 4756): GC_CONCURRENT freed 208K, 14% free 9614K/11143K, paused 4ms+3ms, total 57ms
D/AbsListView( 4756): Get MotionRecognitionManager

weird. i dont see anything overtly related to retroarch there. are other cores working okay for you?

Yep, they run perfectly, at least the ones I tried (Genesis Plus GX, PSCX ReArmed, Yabause and 4DO even if these two run slow). I also tried another emulator (Mega64) and those roms runs smoothly on it. Last time I had the same issue it was with Sega CD games and I fixed it by adding BIOS files, but apparently there’s no such thing for N64…

Have you tested it on RetroArch PC? Does that game even work at all? Does it happen on more games? Are you using the latest version?[/quote]

Hi there Just wanted to report I’m still seeing a similar crash to the one reported by Tatsuya79 above, this time on v1.0.0.2 from Play Store: Game Gear GG Shinobi crashes every time after selecting mission on select screen OR when letting the demo run from the start menu (abaout 3 seconds in to the demo) using Genesis Plus GX on Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 running stock Android 4 (I’m a new user but have got all other cores / ROMs working well so far).

Don’t know if it helps but out of curiosity I loaded the ROM in Picodrive -obviously the wrong core, but the only other Sega core- and let the demo run: unsurprisingly, it looked like cr@p but no crash.

Anyway, keep up the awesome work!

Hi LibRetro RetroArch developer. Can you enable support for the roms UMK3 Juggernaut Hack and the new rom UMK3:Tournament Edition Hack for to be playable in MAME RetroArch android? Currently this roms work in a RetroArch version of ps3 and also in Mame32K 0.64 emulator for Windows, only for android that do not work. If possible, please enable this roms to be playables for android also. Thank you.

Buddies, you can find the apps for android from this site, this site is my favourite, I always use it to download free android apk.

Thanks for the sharing. Nice guys.

There are various packers and movers, who are performing incredible in this field and besides offers certain organizations. From giving work, which have rich association in the same are exceedingly fit for squeezing the things safely and with confirmation and the things are moreover moved by them to needed region with vital collaborations organizations.Packers and movers in Mumbai The organizations of packers and movers to all the metropolitan urban groups, for instance, Delhi, Mumbai, Banglore and Kolkata et cetera are done with extraordinary care and courses of action. These packers and movers associations furthermore offer organizations to all inclusive relocations. or more Information about packers and movers in any metro city, visit here—

11th.in/packers-and-movers-mumbai.html 11th.in/packers-and-movers-delhi.html 11th.in/packers-and-movers-bangalore/ 11th.in/packers-and-movers-jaipur/

Hi I use android Retroarch 1.5.0 How can I Increase color quality in Games? Is there any High contrast/Dynamic color option in application??

Tnx.

You need to use shaders. Shaders in CRT folder often have configurable saturation. You’ll have to experiment. You could also use like, NVIDIA control center or something.

08/23/2017 my Retroarch android 1.6.7 dont un any game, see in video:

I already asked this elsewhere, but wasn’t sure if it was the right place.

I’m running Retroarch on my GPD XD, but whenever I lock or close my device, Retroarch won’t go to sleep! The sound keeps playing and the game still runs despite the screen being turned off. Any ideas as to what this is all about??

Go to Settings > User Interface > Don’t run in background (make sure this is toggled ‘on’) > Restart RetroArch, that should solve your problem.

Gave what you said a try and no dice. In fact, that option was already enabled by default. However, I’ve discovered that Retroarch WILL pause if I have my lock screen enabled?? It’s only when I have my lock screen turned off that it keeps running in sleep mode.

I can’t help you then in that case, sorry.