RetroArch Android releases (v1.0.0.2)

@MrSnuffles Nice! I’m glad to hear it’s treating you better :slight_smile:

@pgo ok, I’ll see if that version works better for me, as well. If so, there’s probably something wrong with our buildchain…

I think I know why I can’t see FBA on my device but in other devices the core is visible. It’s pretty simple: If you update from v1.0.0.1 the core will be active, but if you uninstall the old version 1.0.0.1 and then you do a fresh install of v1.0.0.2 you will lose FBA (no matter if you do it from apk or from play store).

And I have reasons to think that if you update to 1.0.0.2 from 1.0.0.1, the cores will be the old ones without the update.

If you try to change the input overlay on the 1.0.0.2 upgraded, you will see some layouts as dual-show, gameboy, gba, gba-grey, genesis… But the new version with a fresh installation has new layouts!!! the new version has new folders as: borders, effects, gamepads, ipad, keyboards, misc, wii…

So I think there’s 2 issues:

1. Installing retroarch by updating the old one: the application will use the old resources instead remove them and use the new ones.
  2. v1.0.0.2 doesn’t have the FBA Core.[/quote]

Squarepusher, could you check this, please? Thank you!!! :slight_smile:

Yeah, both seem to be true. There was something up with the buildchain that was causing FBA not to build (should be fixed in the next update), and if you don’t uninstall first, it doesn’t clean out the old assets properly.

Hello,

Long time no write here. I would like to know if there is possibility to see OGG TRACK support in PCE and MegaCD because it is very important to many.

We already know that we talk about going from 500mb to 40mb … amazing

Thank you very much, greetings.

So when is the next update happening? Want FBA back? On playstore dev said update would be the day after 3/12/14…

So when is the next update happening? Want FBA back? On playstore dev said update would be the day after 3/12/14…

Getting a Galaxy S5 this weekend, how is performance with the latest release if anybody has one?

This

I’ve added Tremor support (Ogg Vorbis) to Genesis Plus GX just now at least.

Mednafen has had it for some time. See if lordashram’s builds already work with it.

Lordashram’s next build (tomorrow or the day after - whenever he does his daily builds anyway) should be a way to test if the latest Genesis Plus GX now supports Ogg Vorbis tracks.

Is greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!

very very very thanks!!!

squarepusher you’re the best!!!

Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah!!!

RA on the S5 is awesome!

By the way , it works perfectly with the MegaCD GenPlusGX Ogg support .

PC engine CD also works perfectly with Ogg .

It is very good news !

Would not fit anything else in my sdcard , but now , I have enough space for roms REICAST .

These are the games that I have : MegaCD Annet Futatabi Bari Arm Devastator Earthworm Jim SE Ecco1 ECCO2 Eternal Champions CFTDS Final Fight CD Heart of alien ( AITD1 + AITD2 ) Jurassic Park Keio Flying Squadron Mail Popful Robo Aleste Sengoky Densyo Shadow of the beast 2 Shining Force CD Silpheed Sonic CD Soulstar Terminator Wild Body

2.45 GB

PCENGINE CD Dracula X Chiki Chiki Boys Crest of Wolf Double Dragon II DN Monogatari fausseté Armour Gain Ground SX Gate of Thunder Sapphire Kaze Kiri Lords of Thunder Mad Stalker shape shifter Super airzonk Tengai Makyo - KI

811MB _____ PCENGINE MegaCD + CD = | 3.2 GB | ---------

Incredible ! ! ! ! ! WELL ! ! ! ! !

Before games and had had less busy 11GB ! ! ! !

Is there a way to send parameters via CLI to retroarch?

Hey guys, just wanted to know a few things regarding Retroarch running on a Shield Tablet. First off, I notice the latest version available in the Google Play Store is 1.0.0.2, when is 1.1 going to be released? I have recently updated the tablet to Lollipop, so I am wondering about some updates specific to L.

Most importantly, with the dreaded restriction Kitkat brought along to write to the SD Card, a lot of roms that are zipped do not work if they are on the SD Card, so on my Shield Portable I installed the SDFix that required you to root. Now with Android Lollipop they are allowing apps to write to folders in the SD Card, however, according to this article, they have implemented a new API that requires apps to be updated with theses instructions in order to write to the SD Card.

http://www.androidcentral.com/lollipop- … kind-youll

Squarepusher, can you shed some light regarding this Lollipop update possibility and also update to Retroarch 1.1?

Thank you so much and keep up the great work!

Android RA terribly needs an update. Not only has it been awhile, but Playstation games no longer work on Android 5.0 Lollipop using the two PSX cores it came with (PCSX & Mednafen, though… Mednafen has never worked)… after opening the bin/img file, RA force closes. I’ve been tempted to install a separate PS1 emulator to play these games, but this would defeat the purpose of using RA.

I would like to download additional cores (especially N64), but this feature doesn’t appear to be budging… just how long is ‘Coming Soon’ exactly?

If you want to check out what’s been happening since 1.0.0.2, you can try one of lordashram’s unofficial builds from the development subforum. The Android/iOS betas should be out very soon, which means whenever they’re ready.

I believe many people already said that, but it would be nice to have in the next release the possibility to bring up a popup menu with the menu/back button of your phone with options like load/save state, choose state, fast-forward, settings, etc… I know that you can already do this with the Immerse layout, but given that most of emulators work like that it would prevent any confusion. Also it would be nice if the automatic save state when you exit a game through the back button was always a fixed save state number, say 0, instead of the last one you were on (like in Broglia’s emulators). In that way you wouldn’t fear overwriting an important save state if you accidentally exit the game.

What do you mean by that?

You’re actually right. I didn’t probably test it well enough last time.

Well I’m sorry, but he does good things with almost the same cores as yours and many people use its stuff. It is not a sin to take good ideas from elsewhere, that’s about the way technology always advanced. Also those functions exist in almost any emulator out there on Android; nobody has trademark on them either, it’s a basic comfort issue for almost all gamers.

Yes, about Broglia’s stuff, but Retroarch it’s focused more on multiplatform app than just Android.

Emulating ROMs is for preserving classics, not really for playing. That “feature” is just a welcome side effect. If you want to play classic games the proper way… Buy the hardware. I have my own preserved collection of retro consoles, with the cartridges, booklets & cases sealed tight.