RetroArch Android releases (v1.0.0.2)

Hi, I’m new here…I using Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini, last night just download the latest version v1.0.0.1 from Google Play and this is my 1st time using RetroArch. I try some Wonderswan, SNES, NDS and GBA ROM games but all get crackling audio/bad video, even I try follow the setting from (RetroArch Android - READ if you have crackling audio/bad video viewtopic.php?f=29&t=291) I still get the same problems. Please Help.

P/S: Sorry for my bad English.

Try it disabling touchscreen overlay. I know it has no sense, only try it to test. If the video and audio is fine, you should play with a USB or bluethooth controller or wait until the fix it (but I don’t know if there’s someone working on it).

Also you can try the old version 0.9.9.6. It’s slightly better than the new one.

Is there any link for me to download old version 0.9.9.6?

There’s a new version 1.0.0.2. Why you have removed Final Burn Alpha and more?

Thank you!!

But that 1.0.0.2 is a official one or just a nightly? Because if its a nightly perhaps developer didin’t include that core for some reason.

I think it’s official: http://www.libretro.com/index.php/downloads/

Hi there,

which other cores are missing for you?

I might be pushing an update with the missing cores included.

You are right, seems official. So no FBA core then?

To devs, any chance to include these gamepad to autodetection in the new version?

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=248&start=225#p11434

I’ll look at that yeah.

Thanks squarepusher. By the way, Ijust updated via google play. These are the list of cores that show up in my device:

3d engine, bsnes higan performance, desmume, dinothawr, fceumm, final burn alpha, gambatte, Genesis Plus GX, handy, instacing viewer, instancing viewer camera, mame 2003 and 2010, mednafen neopop, pce fast, psx VB and wonderswan, modelviewer, mupen64plus, nestopia, nxengine, pcsx remarmed neon, picodrive, prboom, quicknes, scenewalker, snes9x and snes9x next, stella, tryquake, vba next and M.

So I only miss mame 151 or 152 but not sure if they were in official builds before.

Hi there,

which other cores are missing for you?

I might be pushing an update with the missing cores included.[/quote]

Hello!!

These are the cores I have with the new version:

3DEngine bsnes DeSmuME Dinothawr FCEUmm Gambatte Genesis Plus GX Handy InstancingViewer InstancingViewer Camera MAME 2003 MAME 2010 Mednafen Neopop Mednafen PCE Fast Mednafen PSX Mednafen VB Mednafen WonderSwan Modelviewer Mupen64Plus Nestopia NXEngine PCSX ReARMed Picodrive PrBoom QuickNES SceneWalker SNES9x SNES9x Next Stella TyrQuake VBA Next VBA-M

So they are missing only FBA and Mame 2013.

Thanks!!

I have installed via google play right now and it’s the same as with the APK of download area, there’s no FBA or mame 2013.

Strange. Mine is missing mame2013, but FBA is definetely there (I plyaed demon front a little bit). Have you tried erasing data of the app and redownloading from sthe store? Strange thing.

Yes, I have uninstalled it and then installed again.

With the previous version or the last beta (2014-03-05) I have no problems.

Has the issue with Game Gear games been looked into? Ax Battler still crashes out the moment it goes to the title screen.

Have you tested it on RetroArch PC? Does that game even work at all? Does it happen on more games? Are you using the latest version?

Have you tested it on RetroArch PC? Does that game even work at all? Does it happen on more games? Are you using the latest version?[/quote]

I don’t know about RetroArch PC, I don’t use it. The game does work in Gearoid and I just tried several of the Sonic Game Gear games and the same thing happens. I heard there was a fix in the test build for the Genesis Core. Has this not been rolled out to live?

I think I know why I can’t see FBA on my device but in other devices the core is visible. It’s pretty simple: If you update from v1.0.0.1 the core will be active, but if you uninstall the old version 1.0.0.1 and then you do a fresh install of v1.0.0.2 you will lose FBA (no matter if you do it from apk or from play store).

And I have reasons to think that if you update to 1.0.0.2 from 1.0.0.1, the cores will be the old ones without the update.

If you try to change the input overlay on the 1.0.0.2 upgraded, you will see some layouts as dual-show, gameboy, gba, gba-grey, genesis… But the new version with a fresh installation has new layouts!!! the new version has new folders as: borders, effects, gamepads, ipad, keyboards, misc, wii…

So I think there’s 2 issues:

1. Installing retroarch by updating the old one: the application will use the old resources instead remove them and use the new ones.
  2. v1.0.0.2 doesn’t have the FBA Core.

Can confirm that this bug still exists in the official 1.0.0.2 android release. Just tried the OUYA version. Did any changes happen between this release and the latest testbuild (RetroArch-2014-03-05.apk) from here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=993 since SMS/GG emulation is working flawlessly with that testbuild.

Hello again,

I just wanted to report that since the new version (1.0.0.2) my audio issues (with the overlay enabled) seem to have improved dramatically (not a lot of stutter anymore). With audio latency set to high and a correctly set refresh rate everything seems to be working.