RetroArch Android releases (v1.0.0.2)

My device is a Nexus 7

Not sure if it helps, but here is the full logcat output of me launching retroarch, starting a sega genesis game, and pressing a button on my ps3 controller (at which point the touch buttons become unresponsive) http://pastebin.com/aezjBQtV[/quote] Unfotunately, the log doesn’t explain a whole lot.

Just to make sure: you can use the touch controls before using the controller? Also, what app are you using for PS3 controllers, or are you just connecting them via USB? Also, does the back button still work after using the controller?[/quote]

Hmm didn’t think so.

Yeah the touch controls do work before I start using the controller. I am using the Sixaxis controller app to connect wirelessly via bluetooth (in native gamepad mode, not IME). The back button still works, so do the other buttons on the navigation bar.

I forgot to mention that I am running Cyanogenmod 10.1 on my Nexus 7, and come to think of it I have been having been experiencing some other weird issues with this ROM like links sometimes not opening when I click them in the web browser. So maybe it is a bug in this ROM that is causing this.

I will try reverting to stock and see if the problem still persists.

edit: oh I will try r10 first

Unfotunately, the log doesn’t explain a whole lot.

Just to make sure: you can use the touch controls before using the controller? Also, what app are you using for PS3 controllers, or are you just connecting them via USB? Also, does the back button still work after using the controller?[/quote]

Hmm didn’t think so.

Yeah the touch controls do work before I start using the controller. I am using the Sixaxis controller app to connect wirelessly via bluetooth (in native gamepad mode, not IME). The back button still works, so do the other buttons on the navigation bar.

I forgot to mention that I am running Cyanogenmod 10.1 on my Nexus 7, and come to think of it I have been having been experiencing some other weird issues with this ROM like links sometimes not opening when I click them in the web browser. So maybe it is a bug in this ROM that is causing this.

I will try reverting to stock and see if the problem still persists.

edit: oh I will try r10 first[/quote]

It should work now I hope. Tested it with a wired USB DualShock3 - I detect the PS3 pad first, then the touchscreen and it works as intended.

r10 fixed the issue I was having. Thanks, Squarepusher

I use the Xperia Play When I press the left edge of the touch screen or touchpad The game will close I tried r10 version, the problem persists

I’m using 2 joysticks - Logitech Rumblepad2(joy1) and Genius Maxfire Grandias 12(Joy2). My android device is mk808 Android TV (android 4.1 rooted). I’m connect my joys with Joystick Center application (i’m setup keyboard keys to joys buttons - differ keys for 2 joys). This application emulate Keyboard IME for me. In retroarch I disable auto detect checkbox and setup custom mappings for Player1 (buttons Joy1) and Player2 (buttons Joy2). In input method i setup (JoyCenterIME) After that, in Sega or Playstation games Player2 not working for me. I think if i’ll setup one keyboard to player1 and player2 this will not working too. This is bug or my setup mistake?

Sorry for my bad English…

You are not supposed to use the touchpad for now.

I know next to nothing about Xperia Play - the devices are old, outdated, slow, proprietary, and no way in hell am I going to buy a device for it just to fix these issues.

So if people want these bugs fixed - it’s very simple - come on #retroarch in freenode on IRC and approach either me (Squarepusher) or ToadKing and we’ll try to look at your problems - but you must be prepared to give us logs and go through tests for us.

Logitech Rumblepad 2 is supported by autodetection.

Just pass me the keycodes and the name for Genius Maxfire Grandias 12 and I’ll add it to the autodetection list - better than mucking around with obscure IMEs and custom mapping.

Logitech Rumblepad 2 is supported by autodetection.

Just pass me the keycodes and the name for Genius Maxfire Grandias 12 and I’ll add it to the autodetection list - better than mucking around with obscure IMEs and custom mapping.[/quote]

I sent you codes in this topic http://forum.themaister.net/viewtopic.php?pid=1717#p1717 Thank you…

Hi there! Thanks for the quick updates, RetroArch has been amazing :slight_smile:

So let me rephrase, my shmup issues from page1 on my Note2) Start any regular vertical shmup with auto aspect ratio on like say Batsugun, works as intended as far as aspect ratio goes Now start any PGM vertical game, say ddpdoj, espgaluda or ketsui. Aspect ratio is wrong. Why? Because from what I get pixels are not square on this particular system. (and setting RetroArch to square pixel doesnt change anything) So can you add 3:4 aspect ratio to support those games? Or make the 4:3 aspect ratio option “rotate the right way” when it comes to vertical games? Thanks a lot in advance :slight_smile:

I was going to ask for scalable overlays, since the dpad and buttons aren’t always proportionate (x/y) but you mentioned that it’ll be in at some point a few posts back :slight_smile:

Last but not least, I wanted to ask about service mode, ddpdoj on pgm is stuck on easy rank and no continued for example, which basically you cat play the “real” arcade version for now (ketsui is the same too)

I’d also like to second the request made a few post back : confirm exiting the game when back key is pressed and option menu key to bring up the in game option menu

Thanks a lot in advance! You guys rock :smiley: (Also, is there an n64 core that could be included in later versions? Mupen? I honestly have no clue what the state of all that is)

Really impressed with how far this has come the last few updates! Everything now works more-or-less flawlessly on my Nexus 7.

There is one idea I’d like to bring up: would it be possible to allow us to save and name multiple controller configs? On something like a Saturn controller different layouts work for different games or systems, and even on a Moga certain games emphasize different buttons (one game might be better with L1 and R1 mapped to the shoulder buttons while another might require L2 and R2 instead). Since this covers such a wide range of consoles and since most bluetooth controllers are lacking in buttons it’d make keeping track of ideal configurations much easier.

Again, I don’t know how viable this is or if it’d be worth the effort and I certainly wouldn’t complain if it didn’t happen, it just seems like it might make things a bit more convenient. :slight_smile:

This would be nice, an option to save different controller configs, so we can custom an “auto config” for our devices and making different input configs (this would be nice for example for fighting games)

Cheers!!

Ain’t that the truth! :smiley: Seems ironic since the Xperia Play was the only “gaming phone” on the market and was outspecced / outperformed by pretty much everything else upon its release.

For what it’s worth, I don’t have the issue with the touchpads - sure they don’t work but at least the app doesn’t crash. I am using the 2.3.4 stock ROM (after months of wrestling with various builds of Cyanogenmod). RetroArch runs rather nicely, but I have one question - any reason for the Stella core being absent from the bundle?

Thank you again for the good times we’re having with this fantastic project right now.

Tested again 2 pads at the same time, few seconds with the 2 pads working and then they stop to work and app freezes.

When mapping inputs internally the app differences between pad 1 and pad 2? This happens only when both pads are working at the same time(touching buttons on both at same time)…

Tested with different joysticks-pads

Cheers!!!

EDIT: Activated Input reporting and it stopped happening, dont know what happened there, will continue testing it tonight. EDIT2: Tested even with arcade stick+pad on Final Burn Alpha, Hyper Street Fighter 2 working perfect :smiley:

JJaVMeTaL: Just come on IRC and we can have a good look at it. Debugging will go a lot quicker that way.

Couldnt find you on IRC, as i told on the other thread, will try again another day :smiley:

Anyway since the last tests didnt had that issue again, everything works perfect.

Just asking…are there any plans to add any other cores? Like Atari 2600 core, Spectrum, Mame4Droid…or any new update of the app adding new stuff to Retroarch configuration. Dont know why are there paid emulators when we have this god-of-all-apks for free, emulators should be always free, just like in pc :smiley:

Cheers!!

A lot more stuff is coming of course - most of all we probably need to submerge for a few weeks so that we can get down to development on it all.

New version posted - see OP.

r11 (Feb 11, 2013)

• [FBA core] Various changes/fixes
  • Hook up Armed Police Batrider controls
  • Afterburner - make fire buttons work
  • Hook up Bad Dudes controls
  • Hook up Cyberbots controls
  • Hook up 1942 controls
  • Add missing Chase HQ controls
  • Add missing WWF Wrestlefest controls
  • EEPROM save should now work (tested with EEPROM-based system such as Capcom CPS2)
  • Samples are now looked for - should be in ‘samples’ subdirectory
  • Hiscore files should now be read from/written to.
  • [SNES9x Next] Added big speed hack for Star Fox 1 - makes it fast enough for it to run at fullspeed on the Wii.
  • [Android] New ‘Calibrate Refresh Rate’ option - use this to get an accurate estimation of your screen refresh rate. NOTE: Touch the screen at all times during calibration for more accurate measurements. You might have to slightly tweak the value later on for the best results.
  • [Android] Added a ‘Set OS-reported refresh rate’ which should do the same as what ‘Sync refreshrate to Screen’ previously did. Note 2 users might get better results with this than they will with ‘Calibrate refresh rate’.
  • [Android] Added a built-in help system that should answer a lot of the frequently asked questions.
  • ]Android] Add iCade profiles - two added for now - iPega and Red Samurai
  • [Android] Audio resampler now faster
  • [Android] Input autodetection expanded -
  • PC2JAMMA-USB (needs to be tested)
  • Genius MaxFire G-08XU
  • Zeemote Steelseries
  • Saitek Rumblepad
  • Super Smart Joy

Here is the download link -

https://anonfiles.com/file/574fad0c078e4c920b10708bf3293a96

Will be up on Google Play shortly.

Thanks for the update :slight_smile:

Any chance of adding key mapping as an option?

I can’t get my gametel pad to work with RA

Turn off ‘Input Autodetect’ and you should be able to do custom key mapping.

R11 is awesome!!! Casi every emu runs perfect on xperia play. Wonderfull work guys… And weird because i tried it, but refresh rate is kind of 58.8 hertz