RetroArch Android releases (v1.0.0.2)

I think that psx emu is worst now. In previous version Colin mc rae 2 pal runs perfect. Now hangs before finish a race.

Sega CD runs perfect.

Regards.

I didn’t change anything to the PSX core.

Anyway, I’ll check it out regardless. You’re running this with a real BIOS, right? The BIOS HLE emulation has numerous issues that don’t happen with a real BIOS.

I dont have a bios configured like in previous version. I will test with a real bios.

Edit: seems that runs perfect with a bios.

Regards.

Squarepusher>can you comment on the issue I mentionned last page about PGM shmups? Or am I just doing something wrong? Note2, 16:9 screen here.

Thanks a lot in advance :slight_smile: (It’s good to see ppl with good taste in music too, “Squarepusher&TwinAphex” ;))

Turn off ‘Input Autodetect’ and you should be able to do custom key mapping.[/quote]

You’re right. Works great! Love the Sega CD core.

Question: Do you plan on adding more cores in the future?

Turn off ‘Input Autodetect’ and you should be able to do custom key mapping.[/quote]

Question: Do you plan on adding more cores in the future?[/quote]

Yes I do - the only problem is that the next up and coming cores like ScummVM and MAME will likely add another 30+MB to the install - and people are already freaking out over the 60+MB they need on their internal storage for RetroArch, so we have a problem here moving ahead. We might have to split the Play Store RetroArch installup into ‘parts’ - one part downloads 14 cores, the other part downloads the additional ones, etc.

Question: Do you plan on adding more cores in the future?[/quote]

Yes I do - the only problem is that the next up and coming cores like ScummVM and MAME will likely add another 30+MB to the install - and people are already freaking out over the 60+MB they need on their internal storage for RetroArch, so we have a problem here moving ahead. We might have to split the Play Store RetroArch installup into ‘parts’ - one part downloads 14 cores, the other part downloads the additional ones, etc.[/quote] Would it be possible to make part of Retroarch (probably the cores) install to external memory if it’s available? That wouldn’t stop all the bitching, but… well, nothing will ever stop all the bitching on the Play store. :slight_smile:

Hangs are not fixed with a bios file. I will test loading the psx iso from another SD to discard a memory problem.

Anyway, i think that memory card are only saved to disk when exit the game so, if the emu hangs all saved progress is lost :frowning:

Maybe this can be improved.

Regards.

The hanging only happens with that Colin McRae 2 game?

I’ve been compiling RetroArch and some cores on Linux now, and it all seems to work fine, except for the PS1 cores (mednafen PSX and PCSX ReARMed). I get this when I try to load an ISO in Phoenix:

RetroArch [ERROR] :: Failed to load game. RetroArch: Does not have enough samples for monitor refresh rate estimation. Requires to run for at least 4096 frames.

How do I fix this? They both work stand-alone, but not as libretro cores.

They can’t load ISO images, only bin/cue, and you need to point to the cue file.

Actually, I was trying to load a .cue file, I just use the term ISO in all cases. I’ll think about that next time if it’s not specific enough.

EDIT: I messed around with it some more, and I can get it working now. For some reason it seems that the PCSX ReARMed core doesn’t accept cue files at all (you have to open the bin file directly), whereas the mednafen PSX core doesn’t accept relative filenames in the cue file (it has to point to the bin file’s exact location)… At least on my Linux setup.

It reads cue files fine on ARM-based devices. Are you compiling the x86 version for PC?

Yes, it’s on x86-64. I didn’t think you could even compile PCSX ReARMed for x86, but then I saw a package of it like a day or so ago, so I tried compiling it myself. The stand-alone version worked surprisingly well, I could even use the Una-i plugin. The libretro core didn’t work just as well, but it worked. Do you get super-loud instruments in Tomba! on ARM?

The hanging only happens with that Colin McRae 2 game?[/quote]

Hi.

I have tested other games like Crash Bandicoot or Tomb Raider and seems to work perfect.

I have tested Colin 2 in a SD (previous test was in the internal memory) and the results are worst. The game hangs during in race. I think that the read velocity of the memory is the problem because the game is fine at begining of the race, later starts sttutering and finally hangs. I will test loading the game from an external USB disk.

Regards.

Tested loading the game from a USB disk and runs smooth. Seems that the read requirements of this game are high.

Regards.

Hey Squarepusher just a question, is there any way to detect that there is a HDMI cable connected to the device so the app only show the audio-video on the tv? In my tablet for example when i connect the cable shows audio-video on tv and also video on the device, maybe disabling the tablet video would make the app run smoother (works perfect but on certain games the pcsx core is a bit of slow, probably for the device having to show video twice.

Waiting for that hot r12 when its ready :slight_smile:

Cheers!!

OP updated with r12 release - changelog below -

r12 (Feb 18, 2013)

• [NEStopia] Famicom Disk System support. For Android users - put disksys.rom into the same folder as the FDS ROM you’re trying to load. For everyone else - put disksys.rom into your system directory.
    • Y Button will switch sides of a disk.
    • If you get any problems of the sort DISK A / B ERR 07’ - pressing Y button again or letting it run its course should do it.
    • NOTE - Famicom Disk System loading is slow, so you might be tempted to fast forward through most of it. However, I’d advise caution when doing so and to savestate regularly in case ‘fast forwarding’ can negatively affect disk loading.
  • [FBA core] Various changes/fixes
  • Hook up Eco Fighters controls (Turn 1/Turn 2 bound to L and R buttons)
  • Hook up Pnickie controls (Turn 1/Turn 2 bound to L and R buttons - press one of the buttons to progress beyond start screen)
  • Hook up Continental Circus controls - Brake 2/Brake 3 (L1/L2 buttons) and Accelerate 2/Accelerate 3 (R1/R2 buttons)
  • Hook up Gun Smoke controls - Start button (needed to progress beyond title screen)
  • Hook up Mighty Pang controls (P1 Shot1/P1 Shot2/P2 Shot1/P2 Shot2)
  • Fixed Varia Metal palette
  • Fixed Fairyland Story palette
  • Fixed Return of the Invaders palette
  • Fixed Act-Fancer palette issue
  • Endian fixes in the following games (PS3/360/Wii/Gamecube) -
    • Surprise Attack
    • Rollergames
    • Ultra Man
    • Oh My Gods
    • Moonwalker (Sega System 18 bootleg) [magicseb]
    • Hyper Pac
    • Snow Bros 1
    • Honey Dolls
  • Fixes pitch issue in Gals Hustle (will possibly fix more games as well)
  • [FBA core] [For Wii/Gamecube/Xbox 1 only] The main FBA version now has CPS1/CPS2/ Neogeo and Mega Drive/PC Engine drivers removed. To play CPS1, use FBA Cores CPS1. To play CPS2, use FBA Cores CPS2. To play NeoGeo, use FBA Cores Neo.
  • [FBA core] Made FBA Cores CPS1 - use this to play CPS1 games (all CPS1 ROMs fit into memory on Gamecube).
  • [Android] Fixed regression where a button bound to AKEYCODE_BACK would ‘exit out’ of RetroArch.
  • [Android] Fixes Madcatz fighting stick being autodetected properly.
  • [Android] Input autodetection expanded -
    • iControlpad
  • [Unzipping [All consoles/Android]] Moved from rzlib to miniz/minizip -should increase compatibility with ZIP archives

Thanks for r12 update, but for me seems that controls on xperia play have a new problem, unless i ve missed something: now the back key isn t working anymore to exit the game, have to do home key, force close app. Back key is considerrd as the gamepad button of the same name. Also same as other versions can t access emu menu (if you could add it on menu pad button it would be awesome : codename 82 on zeus-keypad

the r12 is awesome! It works like a charm on my nexus7 ! Just wondering when the Mednafen PC-FX core will add…

anyway … thx for the great work!!