Retroarch don't work, pls help to configure on Ubuntu 16.4!

Hello everybody, I am newbie here in the forum , but my biggest reason ito entrance that my retroarch is in trouble in Ubuntu 16.04 … The problems are:

1. It does not recognize the roms FBA … I downloaded this site :

1. Retroarch have no option " Online Updater core " …

2. Scanning directories … I scan multiple times, but did not recognize any rom (SNES , NEO GEO , CPS1 , or whatever)

So I do not know how to configure it , then I’m waiting for administrators to help me set up … If my English is difficult to understand , I’m still studying english language …Sorry for that and big hug to everyone .

Dude, DON’T POST rom websites stuff here!!!

You don’t need “Online Updater --> Core Updater”, you have ALL the cores in the PPA already (almost of them actually)… just “sudo apt-get install libretro-gambatte” for example. Open Synaptic and search for “libretro”

For the Scan feature, you need to “Online Updater --> Update Databases” first, then you can scan.

Scanning/playlists aren’t strictly necessary to use the program, either. You can still load core > load content to launch games.

Sorry dude, for the link download roms… But even downloaded the databases , the roms neogeo , CPS1 , CPS2 and CPS3 are not loaded and not recognized . Checked by Synaptic , even with all the cores , still can not emulate the neogeo, cps1, cps2 and cps3 games. My ubuntu is amd64 , will have a problem with that ?

look that, is my list: Games FBA:

but still cant detect again any game…

Already tried with the selected core , yet the program does not recognize the roms … is the question … Where is the problem ? In roms , or program ? For downloaded the above link that had informed … And yes , I did the search as in another post that was answered by a fellow group … Search for games with the following suggestion : " FBA roms "

look the print, with synaptic a all the cores:

And the same problem persists …

Scanning only supports very specific ROMs. I recommend not even worrying about it if your ROMs aren’t showing up. Just load core > load content.

There are FBA rom supports in the database, but you need to match the version (FBA 0.2.97.38). MAME roms will match ~more or less~ I guess

Huntek, i tried load rom, with specific core selected, but is the same thing… Don’t recognize the rom… or the type… But the roms of SNES,have been now recognized.

The retroarch does not use the core of the FBA 0.2.97.38 ? I do not understand this … But already tried to select the roms , with 3 cores of FBA … but without success. With the core of the 2010 MAME , I could even do some work roms … But soon catch the beginning of the game , getting on the loading screen …

You’ll have to get a log to know why FBA ROMs won’t load for you.

Launch from a commandline with --menu --verbose and it will print any errors to the console window.

That 3 other cores (CPS1, CPS2, Neo Geo) have different version from FB Alpha core, didn’t you notice? Try the Load Core option, you can see the version in the left bottom.

You’ll need MAME 2010 rom set. Remember that some games asks bios. Neo Geo games for example will need neogeo.zip.

For MAME 2014 and MAME, you’ll need qsound.zip for some CPS-1 games and all CPS-2 games.

[QUOTE=hunterk;46293]You’ll have to get a log to know why FBA ROMs won’t load for you.

Launch from a commandline with --menu --verbose and it will print any errors to the console window.[/QUOTE]

Hi guys, huntek how to log retroarch in linux ?For step is different, there is no file " retroarch - Debug.config " to change …

You don’t need to do anything special, just open a terminal and run: retroarch --menu --verbose

[QUOTE=sergio-br2;46335]That 3 other cores (CPS1, CPS2, Neo Geo) have different version from FB Alpha core, didn’t you notice? Try the Load Core option, you can see the version in the left bottom.

You’ll need MAME 2010 rom set. Remember that some games asks bios. Neo Geo games for example will need neogeo.zip.

For MAME 2014 and MAME, you’ll need qsound.zip for some CPS-1 games and all CPS-2 games.[/QUOTE]

Sorry… an eror on site have ocurred… But, sergio… Sergio , the cores do not run … Even with the bios placed in folders roms . What should I do?

[QUOTE=hunterk;46363]You don’t need to do anything special, just open a terminal and run: retroarch --menu --verbose[/QUOTE]

hunterk…

RetroArch [INFO] :: === Build ======================================= Capabilities: MMX MMXEXT SSE1 SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 SSE4 SSE4.2 AVX AES Built: Aug 26 2016 RetroArch [INFO] :: Version: 1.3.6 RetroArch [INFO] :: ================================================= RetroArch [INFO] :: Looking for config in: “/home/victorpenna/.config/retroarch/retroarch.cfg”. RetroArch [INFO] :: Config: loading config from: /home/victorpenna/.config/retroarch/retroarch.cfg. RetroArch [INFO] :: Resetting undo buffers. RetroArch [INFO] :: Environ SET_PIXEL_FORMAT: RGB565. RetroArch [INFO] :: Version of libretro API: 1 RetroArch [INFO] :: Compiled against API: 1 RetroArch [INFO] :: Set audio input rate to: 29975.00 Hz. RetroArch [INFO] :: Video @ 960x720 RetroArch [ERROR] :: Failed to connect to Wayland server. RetroArch [INFO] :: Found GL context: x RetroArch [INFO] :: Detecting screen resolution 1920x1080. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GLX]: X = 0, Y = 0, W = 960, H = 720. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GLX]: Found swap function: glXSwapIntervalMESA. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GLX]: glXSwapInterval(1) RetroArch [INFO] :: [GL]: Vendor: Intel Open Source Technology Center, Renderer: Mesa DRI Intel® HD Graphics 5500 (Broadwell GT2) . RetroArch [INFO] :: [GL]: Version: 3.0 Mesa 11.2.0. RetroArch [INFO] :: Querying GL extension: ARB_ES2_compatibility => exists RetroArch [INFO] :: Querying GL extension: ARB_sync => exists RetroArch [INFO] :: Querying GL extension: ARB_texture_float => exists RetroArch [INFO] :: Querying GL extension: EXT_texture_sRGB => exists RetroArch [INFO] :: Querying GL extension: ARB_framebuffer_sRGB => exists RetroArch [INFO] :: GL: Using resolution 960x720 RetroArch [INFO] :: [GL]: Default shader backend found: glsl. RetroArch [INFO] :: [Shader driver]: Using GLSL shader backend. RetroArch [INFO] :: Checking GLSL shader support … RetroArch [WARN] :: [GL]: Stock GLSL shaders will be used. RetroArch [INFO] :: Found GLSL vertex shader. RetroArch [INFO] :: Found GLSL fragment shader. RetroArch [INFO] :: Linking GLSL program. RetroArch [INFO] :: Found GLSL vertex shader. RetroArch [INFO] :: Found GLSL fragment shader. RetroArch [INFO] :: Linking GLSL program. RetroArch [INFO] :: Found GLSL vertex shader. RetroArch [INFO] :: Found GLSL fragment shader. RetroArch [INFO] :: Linking GLSL program. RetroArch [INFO] :: Found GLSL vertex shader. RetroArch [INFO] :: Found GLSL fragment shader. RetroArch [INFO] :: Linking GLSL program. RetroArch [INFO] :: Found GLSL vertex shader. RetroArch [INFO] :: Found GLSL fragment shader. RetroArch [INFO] :: Linking GLSL program. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GL]: Using 4 textures. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GL]: Loaded 1 program(s). RetroArch [INFO] :: [GL]: Using GL_RGB565 for texture uploads. RetroArch [INFO] :: [udev]: Plugged pad: Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver (0:0) on port #0. RetroArch [INFO] :: Autodetect: 133 profiles found RetroArch [INFO] :: Autodetect: selected configuration: /home/victorpenna/.config/retroarch/autoconfig/udev/Xbox_360_Wireless_Receiver_Chinese01.cfg RetroArch [INFO] :: [udev]: Pad #0 (/dev/input/event19) supports 0 force feedback effects. RetroArch [INFO] :: [udev]: Plugged pad: Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver (0:0) on port #1. RetroArch [INFO] :: Autodetect: 133 profiles found RetroArch [INFO] :: Autodetect: selected configuration: /home/victorpenna/.config/retroarch/autoconfig/udev/Xbox_360_Wireless_Receiver_Chinese01.cfg RetroArch [INFO] :: [udev]: Pad #1 (/dev/input/event20) supports 0 force feedback effects. RetroArch [INFO] :: [udev]: Plugged pad: Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver (0:0) on port #2. RetroArch [INFO] :: Autodetect: 133 profiles found RetroArch [INFO] :: Autodetect: selected configuration: /home/victorpenna/.config/retroarch/autoconfig/udev/Xbox_360_Wireless_Receiver_Chinese01.cfg RetroArch [INFO] :: [udev]: Pad #2 (/dev/input/event21) supports 0 force feedback effects. RetroArch [INFO] :: [udev]: Plugged pad: Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver (0:0) on port #3. RetroArch [INFO] :: Autodetect: 133 profiles found RetroArch [INFO] :: Autodetect: selected configuration: /home/victorpenna/.config/retroarch/autoconfig/udev/Xbox_360_Wireless_Receiver_Chinese01.cfg RetroArch [INFO] :: [udev]: Pad #3 (/dev/input/event22) supports 0 force feedback effects. RetroArch [INFO] :: Found joypad driver: “udev”. RetroArch [INFO] :: Using font rendering backend: freetype. RetroArch [INFO] :: Suspending screensaver (X11). RetroArch [INFO] :: ALSA: Using signed 16-bit format. RetroArch [INFO] :: ALSA: Period size: 768 frames RetroArch [INFO] :: ALSA: Buffer size: 3072 frames RetroArch [INFO] :: ALSA: Can pause: yes. RetroArch [INFO] :: Found menu display driver: “menu_display_gl”. RetroArch [INFO] :: Querying GL extension: ARB_framebuffer_object => exists RetroArch [INFO] :: Using font rendering backend: freetype. RetroArch [INFO] :: Using font rendering backend: freetype. RetroArch [INFO] :: SRAM will not be saved. RetroArch [INFO] :: Loading history file: [/home/victorpenna/.config/retroarch/content_history.lpl]. RetroArch [INFO] :: Loading history file: [/home/victorpenna/.config/retroarch/content_music_history.lpl]. RetroArch [INFO] :: Loading history file: [/home/victorpenna/.config/retroarch/content_video_history.lpl]. RetroArch [INFO] :: Loading history file: [/home/victorpenna/.config/retroarch/content_image_history.lpl]. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GL]: VSync => on RetroArch [INFO] :: [GLX]: glXSwapInterval(1) RetroArch [INFO] :: [GL]: VSync => on RetroArch [INFO] :: [GLX]: glXSwapInterval(1) ^CRetroArch [INFO] :: Saved new config to “/home/victorpenna/.config/retroarch/retroarch.cfg”. RetroArch [INFO] :: Resetting undo buffers. RetroArch [INFO] :: Trying to write to playlist file: /home/victorpenna/.config/retroarch/content_history.lpl RetroArch [INFO] :: Trying to write to playlist file: /home/victorpenna/.config/retroarch/content_video_history.lpl RetroArch [INFO] :: Trying to write to playlist file: /home/victorpenna/.config/retroarch/content_music_history.lpl RetroArch [INFO] :: Trying to write to playlist file: /home/victorpenna/.config/retroarch/content_image_history.lpl RetroArch [INFO] :: [X11]: Xinerama version: 1.1. RetroArch [INFO] :: [X11]: Xinerama screens: 1. RetroArch [INFO] :: [X11]: Saved monitor #0. RetroArch [INFO] :: Does not have enough samples for monitor refresh rate estimation. Requires to run for at least 4096 frames. RetroArch [INFO] :: Does not have enough samples for monitor refresh rate estimation. Requires to run for at least 4096 frames.

I don’t see any errors in that log. Did you try to load to load any games?

Yes … As he had said , he managed to find the roms scan of SNES and NEOGEO POCKET, but the other folders were not identified and are not loaded … I have at least 10 isos PS1 , a folder full of roms gba , nintendo 64 and megadrive . But nothing retroarch find … That’s frustrating …

Guys , after so try not know as I do … Sergio gave a suggestion to check the version of the core used … I took the test and still nothing . Hunterk said should check according to the logs and supported roms . But all roms are supported … I do not know what else to do… I’m downloading the full roomset FBA 0.2.97.38 if it is not really believe that I give up retroarch and seek other emulators for Linux … I really feel frustrated with it.

Oh, you’re just having problems scanning? The scanning only picks up very specific ROMs from No-Intro and Redump sets. If you just have random ROMs from the internet, it’s probably not going to pick them up. You’ll have to load them manually through load core > load content instead of making playlists. No big deal.

Hunterk and Sergio-br2, after enough time spent trying to understand what should be my mistake, I managed to find the recognition problem. Actually both were right, the problem was not in the core, but the support he has to read like " .7zp ". The FBA roomset, is all set to this pattern , while the retroarch can not read, need to format the type to " .zip " … I did the tests in some rooms of neogeo and could play. Now i need to test CPS1 and CPS2 to finish and confirm that… Is there another way of retroarch recognize the roms in the format " .7zp " ? And another doubt is , yesterday I went to play the final fight 2 , in multiplayer mode , but he could not recognize the second control … Is this normal? Already tested in some other roms , the problem persists. It is to solve?