Retroarch fullscreen desktop resolution

Ok friends, I really, really need you help.

This is the problem.

I’m running retroarch with mame on my mac.

I use overlays. I resize them and set custom height/width/x/y settings for each roms (via .cfg files) so that each game perfectly runs “inside” its bezel.

The problem is that since Retroarch (and mame?) run at full screen using the current desktop resolution, if I correctly set all overlays and roms .cfg on my desktop computer (running i.e. u/1980x1020), when I move to my laptop, using the same settings, everything is messed up, because my laptop starts at fullscreen using its own desktop resolution (i.e. u/1440x900).

I’d like to force Retroarch (and/or mame?) to run at fullscreen at a fixed resolution (i.e. 1280x800, or anything else) so that the settings I apply to overlays and roms.cfg will be perfect on every computer I use regardless of its standard desktop resolution.

Just to mention, I’ve already use these options in retroarch.cfg (video_fullscreen = “true” - video_windowed_fullscreen = “false” - video_fullscreen_x = “1280” - video_fullscreen_y = “800”), but retroarch still runs at desktop resolution (i.e. on my desktop machine u/1980x1020).

Reading the log file it states:

[INFO] [Video]: Video @ 1280x800 [INFO] [GL]: Found GL context: cocoagl [INFO] [GL]: Detecting screen resolution 480x360. [INFO] [GL]: Vendor: Intel Inc., Renderer: Intel® UHD Graphics 630. [INFO] [GL]: Version: 2.1 INTEL-16.4.5. [INFO] [GL]: Using resolution 1920x1200 [INFO] [Video]: Graphics driver did not initialize an input driver. Attempting to pick a suitable driver.

Thanks a lot in advance friends.

Matt.

I don’t know why you would want to but, just change your desktop resolution to 1440x900.

A better method would be to use two (Or more.) config folders and multiple retroarch.cfg (retroarch2.cfg) with the path to the second config folder defined.

rgui_config_directory = ":\config2"

Then run retroarch with the -c switch

Retroarch -c retroarch2.cfg when you are on your laptop.

Then you can use full resolution and different settings.