Retroarch IOS 9

RetroArch has problems with cores that use Dynarec because Pangu totally break dynarecs support, as it has done in previous jailbreaks (TaiG supports dynarecs, that’s why I’m always checking if it has released a new Jailbreak)

Also, you don’t need to be a dev to use Retroarch, it’s like any emulator. First launch, set up your controllers as you desire (or select an overlay if you don’t have a physical controller), set up the video plugin so you can get the best graphics (resolution, framerate, etc) without compromising performance, and enjoy your gameplay.

As for now, you only need to keep in mind that Mupen64 doesn’t support dynamic recompiler.

But, if your RetroArch crashes on start that means you screwed your jailbreak. Most probable cases: -You jailbroke an iOS updated OTA. -You installed a bunch of tweaks and uninstalled some of them without uninstalling their dependencies. Those dependencies modify the way iOS behaves, that’s why some tweaks need them.

Though, I do agree in having a preset for overlays, since the default overlay is RetroPad but most emulators don’t use all the possible input, like SNES games (Only D-Pad, face buttons, one shoulder on each side, select and start)

Hi you guys! Just want to say first, thanks for the hard work getting retroarch working on iOS 9! My wife and love retroarch! We do have a request though. We used to be able to play games together on 2 player modes on various games on iOS 8 with retroarch using BTstack. Seems like we can’t do that anymore though, or maybe there’s a way to do it on the new version but we don’t know. I was hoping you guys could work on making retroarch playable for 2 people again. Thanks so much!!

hello guys, I just want to ask. is there really Retroarch for ios 9 user that actually can play psx game ? because Im trying to figure it out how to play, but nothing work.

Im using ipad mini 1st gen ios 9.0.2 Jailbroken with pangu. retroarch working fine until I tried to Load Content and pick a Rom and then Retroarch just frozen. noting happening, I have to kill Retroarch from app switcher.

so, if thers is anyone can help me how to setup retroarch ios 9 so it can play PSX game please tell me. oh btw, im following every step from this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRrPKbkfR5Y but no good, Froze everytime Load Content Please Help Me.

I play psx games on my iPhone running iOS 9.0.2… To run them you need the core called psx rearmed… And you also need to download the PlayStation bios files and then copy and paste then in the “retroarch/system” folder

How do I set it up from dynamic recompiler to the other way? I think that’s my only problem with getting any of the cores working.

You don’t. Its far too complex for most users to patch the iOS Kernel so you can use the dynamic recompiler. Your only hope is to hope for an updated Jailbreak…

I think what he was asking is how to switch to interpreter instead of dynarec, which is done using the retroarch-core-options.cfg file and a text editor. It’ll be something like pcsx-rearmed-cpucore = “interpreter” (I don’t know the exact wording there; perhaps someone who knows would care to post it).

Yes exactly, everybody mentions this but doesn’t really give enough detail haha. I haven’t been able to find where in .cfg file to change, or mine is missing the line/lines needed to change. Not sure how the coding works so does it matter where exactly it’s put in? Or does somebody have a basic retroarch-core-options.cfg can upload with values changed to ones that make it work? I saw the posts from beginning of thread but download client I don’t trust,

I am the one who posted a guide and provided ipas months ago in this thread. You can assure your self that it is safe to download those files. All the info that you guys are seeking for is there… Everything. Go to page 6 to find the posted link.

Do you know how to install cores in RetroArch? Mine look like they download but they aren’t there so I can’t play anything. Could I get some help??