Retroarch IOS 9

Digital can only have two values, 0 an 1. On a stick it means that when you move it it will be detected as a full movement and you’ll only have 8 directions (mostly like the D-pad) Analog can have more values, usually 0-127 on an analog stick so it detects exactly where the stick is

In a game like SM64 you can move it slightly and Mario will walk slowly. It can be used to walk beside the Piranha Plants without waking them up. A full press will make Mario run

But don’t worry, SM64 plays fine with digitals. I’d be more concerned about games like 007 Goldeneye (Aiming mode needs analog), Banjo Tooie (it needs that slow walking for one jiggy and has a part where you aim with analog), Conker’s Bad Fur Day (at the end of the game you NEED analog, no spoilers) and one minigame of Mario Party 2 that needs analog

Well, he could play it with digital controls and when he wants to walk slowly he could use the touch analog just for it. Physical controllers are WAY better than touch controllers. Also, SM64 doesn’t need analog (try Goldeneye, the first world of Banjo Tooie and the final part of CBFD. Those do need analog). Good luck playing SM64 with touch controls covering half your phone’s screen

[QUOTE=ddnava96;30418]Well, he could play it with digital controls and when he wants to walk slowly he could use the touch analog just for it. Physical controllers are WAY better than touch controllers. Also, SM64 doesn’t need analog (try Goldeneye, the first world of Banjo Tooie and the final part of CBFD. Those do need analog). Good luck playing SM64 with touch controls covering half your phone’s screen[/QUOTE] I’ve completed it with 120 stars with touch controls, no luck needed! I also have an MFI controller so know full well it’s better to play with that, I was just highlighting the fact that switching out analogue control and using digital instead is in no way a substitute for the way it was intended to play, but then you already knew that :wink:

It was intended to play with physical controllers too. Using physical controls, despite being digital, is way better when trying to exploit some useful glitches in the game. Completing SM64 Star Road would be really difficult using touch controllers, but using a physical digital stick makes it easier

Even though, we need full MFi support. It’s better than both

[QUOTE=ddnava96;30428]It was intended to play with physical controllers too. Using physical controls, despite being digital, is way better when trying to exploit some useful glitches in the game. Completing SM64 Star Road would be really difficult using touch controllers, but using a physical digital stick makes it easier

Even though, we need full MFi support. It’s better than both[/QUOTE]

Ah ok, now i understand why that kid was wishing me luck. Thanks.

That kid is a 44 year old man :joy:

Hahaha, ups! Im sorry.

[QUOTE=Incognit;30443]Hahaha, ups! Im sorry.[/QUOTE] don’t worry, it made me laugh! Anyway, if you read the GitHub page I posted the link to earlier you’ll see that TwinAphex was in the process of reconnecting controller support but was having difficulty building so hopefully it won’t be long until we have full MFI support again like in the original builds :slight_smile:

Anyone got controllers for all working with this?

With jailbreak its possible!

[QUOTE=ddnava96;30418]Well, he could play it with digital controls and when he wants to walk slowly he could use the touch analog just for it. Physical controllers are WAY better than touch controllers. Also, SM64 doesn’t need analog (try Goldeneye, the first world of Banjo Tooie and the final part of CBFD. Those do need analog). Good luck playing SM64 with touch controls covering half your phone’s screen[/QUOTE]

See my thread on 3D Touch, this would make playing games like Mario 64 much better on a touchscreen (not better than physical controller), but still an awesome feature that could be implemented at some point for 6s owners.

Can someone plz help me ^^ the touch screen controls won’t appear no matter what I try ;-; config is correct afaik, any help would be highly appreciated ^^ I haven’t used retroarch in a while and slot us changed since like iOS 6/7 o.O :stuck_out_tongue: -Ryan

go to the online updater and fetch the overlays, then go to settings > onscreen overlay and pick/enable one.

Overlays are not working for me since the last build too :frowning:

[QUOTE=ddnava96;30411]Digital can only have two values, 0 an 1. On a stick it means that when you move it it will be detected as a full movement and you’ll only have 8 directions (mostly like the D-pad) Analog can have more values, usually 0-127 on an analog stick so it detects exactly where the stick is

In a game like SM64 you can move it slightly and Mario will walk slowly. It can be used to walk beside the Piranha Plants without waking them up. A full press will make Mario run

But don’t worry, SM64 plays fine with digitals. I’d be more concerned about games like 007 Goldeneye (Aiming mode needs analog), Banjo Tooie (it needs that slow walking for one jiggy and has a part where you aim with analog), Conker’s Bad Fur Day (at the end of the game you NEED analog, no spoilers) and one minigame of Mario Party 2 that needs analog[/QUOTE]

On my SteelSeries Nimbus MFI the Dpad is pressure sensitive. It may be a new requirement for the new MFI controllers coming out. Going to be interesting to see if other new MFI controllers have this.

Hi everyone, I have 3 problems to share :

1. Has anyone else encountered such problem. It started maybe 3-4 nightlies ago. When i want to assign buttons i go to “input user 1 binds” but instead of button mappings i see hotkey mappings, the same as in menu “input hotkey binds”, i can map buttons anyway throuh “user 1 bind all”, but this way i cannot bind turbo button. Is there any way to fix this?

2. Also i noticed that cheat function is working strange(i know it’s probably not fully implemented). So here is a copule of problems on different cores, haven’t tried many of them. GBA : cheats are not working at all, be it from database that downloaded inside program, or manually inserted cheats from different sources. PCSXR : cheats are working awesome, but with minor bugs, from my testing it seems long cheats are not working (those that have more than 1 or 2 lines) for example : cheat15_desc = “100% steal” cheat15_code = “80007FF2+2417+80007FF4+0008+80007FF6+2642+80007FF8+1021+80007FFA+0057+80007FFE+2456+8000800A+9050+80008010+00FF+80008012+2402+80008018+0004+8000801A+1602+80008020+0001+80008022+26F7+80008024+1FFD+80008026+0800+8000802E+A2C2+80008032+2416+80008038+0008+8000803A+03E0+D00772A0+0001+800B7F40+1FFC+D00772A0+0001+800B7F42+0C00+D00772A0+0001+800B7F46+2400+D00772A0+0001+800B7F3E+2400+D00772A0+0001+800B64BA+1400” cheat15_enable = false

If you enable it just like that, it doesnt work at all. But if you cut it on different cheat codes like that : cheat15_desc = “100% steal” cheat15_code = “80007FF2+2417” cheat15_enable = false

cheat16_desc = “100% steal” cheat16_code = “80007FF4+0008” cheat16_enable = false . . Etc.

This way such cheats are working, but in such format it can crash the game, if used constantly. And it’s a mess to enable 20-30 cheatlines and disable them after certain period. Is there a fix for this?

1. It seems that games cannot be saved through memory card, only savestates work fine, but when you save on memory card retroarch just doesn’t generate srm file or generate it randomly for some games and doesn’t generate for the others, and thus games acannot be saved usual way. Is it just me or it’s a common bug? Permissions are set as usual through ifile on all folders - owner : root, group : mobile, user-group-all : read,write.execute.

p.s. also there is minor bug for video options saving “allow rotation” line when i set flag to “off” and exit emulator (save config on exit is enabled) next time i start emu flag on allow rotation is resetted and screen rotates, is there a way to fix this? Or maybe there is line in global config for it, to set the flag “off” ?

Hi guys, sorry for dummy question but is there any news about RA iOS 9 stable release? Maybe info from developers or something? Nightly releases very unstable and kinda shitty :frowning:

the developers and contributors work so we can keep as up to date as possible even when things are still being built and refined. Asking when the next next stable release may possibly come about instead of alluding to all this work being “shitty” might be a better way to ask.

That was pretty rude towards developers of Retroarch. If you can’t configure it on your device or device itself isn’t good enough to run the emu, it doesn’t mean that problem is in emulator. Well Retroarch has minor bugs here and there, but those don’t affect playability of games. It allows you to play big load of retro games with no problems at all and fullspeed on iOS devices(at least starting iphone 5), especially Playstation ones on PCSX, that is exclusive for iOS ( psx4all don’t coun’t 'cuz its bad). So try to read FAQs and configure the emu properly before going into offensive, even then if waiting is too annoying for you learn to code and contribute in development.

I’m jail broken 9.0.2 iPhone 6+ pangu retro arch straight to crash. Most jail breakers are from new iOS and pangu is only one that works for. Also people don’t copy and paste a working template of like controller settings or overlays, prob be universal and helpful for other users. Retro arch has a learning curve. Not everyone that is using it is a dev,. Post could’ve been worded better but…