Retroarch IOS 9

hi, i am trying install retro arch on my iphone 6s 9.0.2 , i download the retroatrch from the repo kromite.gitub.io … and i then do the auto update cores and emulators , and basically when i run this , i download a game. for example legend of zelda , then i select a n64 emulator and then i load the game but it crashs every time i try this, it goes to homescreen… can some1 make a video on youtube a tutorial for dummies plz… we arent all coders here… and post it please. i really want this… or can any1 link a video for ios 9… greatly appreciated

[QUOTE=Incognit;30282][QUOTE=Radius;30273]Ok the cydia repo is fixed and two users have reported it’s working… so, it’s official, we have ios9 nightlies too[/QUOTEN

N64 games run more fluid, did something changed?[/QUOTE]

Hey Incognit, i installed retroarch from the new link, what did you do to run N64 games? please let me know.

Thanks!!

MFi support remains the same. Apparently Mupen64 runs faster. RetroArch.deb can access all folders of iOS (and it’s great to have the default directories in Documents/RetroArch) while the ipa couldn’t. The new RetroArch’s GUI has an aesthetic bug (see below). The App’s GUI (iOS UI) still has the bug tham makes top off-screen menus to disappear while navigating.

It works really better than de ipa and you don’t have the risk that if someone accidentally deletes the App (harder to delete) you lose it all (saves being saved within App’s Data folder (ipa)/ now being saved in Documents folder(deb))

Images: http://postimg.org/image/700qh1df7/ http://postimg.org/image/8qjriiuyb/

speed differences? All in all I think all the cores run great on my iPhone 6s Plus even the mupen64plus core with the ipa build I created. Someone mentioned that n64core runs faster… Hmmm in what way? I think n64 core runs fast as it is. All the n64 Roms I throw at it run flawlessly except for destruction derby… It runs a little slow only on championship mode.

Its so frustrating without MFI support . Such a great thing held back so much without physical controls.

1. Install RetroArch from the official repo (http://buildbot.libretro.com/repo/cydia)
  2. Download the cores from http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/apple/ios9
  3. Put the dylib files in var/mobile/Documents/RetroArch using iFile

Someone said it had a performance improvement. I think they’re using an iDevice with the A5, A6 or A7 SoC (iPhone 4S-5S, iPad 2-Air, iPad Mini 1-3, iPod Touch 5). The iPhone 6S is powerful enoguh to run (almost) everything fullspeed (A8) Also note that iPhones before the 5S, iPads before the Air, iPads mini before the 3 and the iPod touch Are 32-bit

[QUOTE=ddnava96;30305]1. Install RetroArch from the official repo (http://buildbot.libretro.com/repo/cydia) 2. Download the cores from http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/apple/ios9 3. Put the dylib files in var/mobile/Documents/RetroArch using iFile[/QUOTE] Hey i tried what you said, retroarch crashes upon trying to load the rom. Any comments on this?

[QUOTE=TranceMaster;30295][QUOTE=Incognit;30282]

Hey Incognit, i installed retroarch from the new link, what did you do to run N64 games? please let me know.

Thanks!![/QUOTE]

Put ios 9 cores on retroarch-cores Run a N64 game, then press the menu button-core options- Cached Interpreter and thats it.

the new most recent FBA core its fantastic. cant stop playing the gladistor.

[QUOTE=Incognit;30313][QUOTE=TranceMaster;30295]

Put ios 9 cores on retroarch-cores Run a N64 game, then press the menu button-core options- Cached Interpreter and thats it.[/QUOTE] Retro crashes upon trying to load a game using Muspen64

[QUOTE=TranceMaster;30315][QUOTE=Incognit;30313] Retro crashes upon trying to load a game using Muspen64[/QUOTE]

Exactly, what you need to do, is press as fast as possible the menu button, this is on the middle top, so you can change from dynarec to cached.

[QUOTE=Incognit;30317][QUOTE=TranceMaster;30315]

Exactly, what you need to do, is press as fast as possible the menu button, this is on the middle top, so you can change from dynarec to cached.[/QUOTE]

That’s something that needs to be adressed. It’s been like this since I know RetroArch. There should be a way to change core settings before loading content without the need to manually modify the config files

[QUOTE=Incognit;30317][QUOTE=TranceMaster;30315]

Exactly, what you need to do, is press as fast as possible the menu button, this is on the middle top, so you can change from dynarec to cached.[/QUOTE] I am able to do that but then the back link does not work =/

[QUOTE=ddnava96;30318][QUOTE=Incognit;30317]

That’s something that needs to be adressed. It’s been like this since I know RetroArch. There should be a way to change core settings before loading content without the need to manually modify the config files[/QUOTE]

Some one wrote that, an address so you can make that, but modifiyng the config.

[QUOTE=Incognit;30329][QUOTE=ddnava96;30318]

Some one wrote that, an address so you can make that, but modifiyng the config.[/QUOTE]

I know, but there’s less experienced people who would change something in core settings that makes the core crash and would never know how to fix it. Deleting RetroArch wouldn’t help since everything is saved in another folder

[QUOTE=TranceMaster;30319][QUOTE=Incognit;30317] I am able to do that but then the back link does not work =/[/QUOTE]

Try activating the App Switcher (Double press on Home button) and RetroArch should change back to the iOS-style RetroArch UI. Maybe that would help. Or if you’re already in that UI I have had that same bug, when touching Back it would animate as if going into the previous menu but will remain in the same menu, try touching Switch to change to RetroArch’s UI, it should fix it

[QUOTE=TranceMaster;30319][QUOTE=Incognit;30317] I am able to do that but then the back link does not work =/[/QUOTE]

When you manage to enter the menu and change it to cached interpreter the Bacl button doesn’t work, but if you tap on Player 1 Pak it’ll take you back to the top menu or the Quick menu. Any of those will help since you need to go to the Quick menu and select Close Content. If you do not close it your new config won’t be saved and you’ll have to try to open that menu again

Good luck playing Super Mario 64 with digital controls!

I dont know why they just dont use pure BTstack to connect controllers. And by the way, what is a digital controls, would you mind expleaning me? I just dont know what are u talking about, hahaha.