Retroarch IOS 9

I’m not even jailbroken and not planing to jailbreak any time soon. I essentially have everything I want on stock iOS 9 even f.lux! Anyway, I’m getting off topic. Since I’m not jailbroken I can’t try the Cydia repo to confirm any errors/problems. Everyone… Radius is trying his best to get the Cydia repo going even though he doesn’t have an idevice to test with… But maybe uploading ipas might be a better idea than just debs. Many of you who are jailbroken can easily install the ipas with appsync. Those on stock iOS can just follow instructions given early on this thread. Hopefully soon the RetroArch team can get the support for controllers to work. So far I’ve been enjoying playing my old n64 and PSX games on my non-jailbroken iPhone 6s Plus. I shall continue to help upon request. :blush:

Any help is fantastic I merely pointed out in a few instances nothing from Cydia works be it the builds or the repo itself. I had old retroarch backups I even tried.

Till you came along Zero absolutely nothing worked period. So thanks again for trying to help. We do need Mfi support more then any other features right now because you got builds up and running for us.

its unfortunate Radius does not have an iOS device to work with.

To quadzilla:

You’re right. The Cydia repo has not been working for a while. I tried it many times when I was jailbroken. After waiting for a while I just decided to build and compile RetroArch myself and even tried the nightly files that were posted here months ago. I had working builds for a while but all I needed was for the mupen64plus core to work properly… But now the Z/C button issue is fixed… Big plus! I’m glad I’ve helped many of you and I know you all are enjoying playing your old retro games just like I am. :smiley:

[QUOTE=Zero2029;30030]To quadzilla:

You’re right. The Cydia repo has not been working for a while. I tried it many times when I was jailbroken. After waiting for a while I just decided to build and compile RetroArch myself and even tried the nightly files that were posted here months ago. I had working builds for a while but all I needed was for the mupen64plus core to work properly… But now the Z/C button issue is fixed… Big plus! I’m glad I’ve helped many of you and I know you all are enjoying playing your old retro games just like I am. [/QUOTE]

Big thank you zero I just joined the forum mainly to ask a question (answered) and thank you guys. Im sure I speak for many silent jailbroken ios 9 users who are grateful! Cheers!

So why can’t anybody give us a pull request on Github who managed to compile and deploy RetroArch on a jailbroken iOS 9 device? That way the Cydia build could work on iOS 9 too.

For the record, it is working on all my devices fine (which all have iOS 8.4 on them).

I don’t have any iOS 9 devices myself so I cannot test. We have been asking for over a week now, nobody has stepped up.

Zero to my knowledge is the only person who can explain in great detail how he got it working. He has actually broken it down earlier in this thread what he had to do to make it all work but I’m not sure if those are the details you need or not.

To twinaphex:

I’m sorry that I wasn’t able to reach you at the github page. Right now I’m currently busy at work but when I get a chance tomorrow I will give you a pull request.

[QUOTE=Zero2029;30043]To twinaphex:

I’m sorry that I wasn’t able to reach you at the github page. Right now I’m currently busy at work but when I get a chance tomorrow I will give you a pull request.[/QUOTE]

Tried all psx cores, put bios on its place, but nothing. Any idea, why its crashing?

Hmmm… Interesting. It seems that other people are having the same issue. Are you jailbroken or have stock iOS 9? Are you using the PCSX ReARMed Interpreter core? I’m able to use that PSX core on my non-jailbroken iPhone 6s Plus even without the bios put in its place… Even though I do have the bios. First of all if you’re on stock iOS 9 are you able to load the core? Maybe it’s not codesigned. Remember with the latest RetroArch the cores need to be codesigned. If you’re jailbroken you shouldn’t have that problem… Maybe you need to change the permissions for the PSX core if you’re jailbroken. I’m having trouble trying to figure it out.

pcsx-rearmed has a built-in HLE BIOS, so it shouldn’t be refusing to run due to missing BIOS alone. Permissions are a likely culprit.

You’re right hunterk. I really wish I was jailbroken to help those who are having issues.

Yes, that core, and im jailbroken. Ios 9.0.2. What permitions do i need to change, to make this work, guys?

its installed, but doesn’t appear on the springboard. ipad air 2, 9.0.2

Radius, the app is not appearing on the springboard.

Moreover, ios 8.3 last update RetroArch have re-installed a working version on a version for ios 9. And now the desktop icon is not displayed, and in the Applications folder is now the folder RetroArch_iOS9.app, although this was the version for ios 8. Please advise.

What’s the point? Why from Cydia on my iPad with IOS 8.3 is installed RetroArch for ios 9???

Yesterday I updated Controllers for All so my games detect my iPega 9025 as a MFi controller. I decided to try it on RetroArch despite comments saying it doesnt support MFi controllers by now, but I found out it does support all buttons, BUT it doesnt detect my analogs (right now I’m playing mostly SNES and GBA so it’s just good for me). Before you ask me, yes, I selected RetroPad w/analogs (I didn’t at first and thought it was my fault, but it wasn’t), and I tried my analogs on another game (Terraria), expecting it was a bug on Controllers for All update, and they worked great.

I’m using the RetroArch9.ipa that was uploaded in a .zip with RA9.ipa. Installed it using AppAddict on iOS 9.0.2 with Pangu Jailbreak.

MFi controllers seem to be partially supported, but no analog support. Seems like there’s less work to do about MFi

Because it’s a build aimed to work on iOS9. The actual builds crash at start on iOS 9, and they’re trying to correct anything that is preventing RetroArch to launch on iOS 9

Because it’s a build aimed to work on iOS9. The actual builds crash at start on iOS 9, and they’re trying to correct anything that is preventing RetroArch to launch on iOS 9, but don’t worry, afaik they’re not trying to break support for other iOS versions

[QUOTE=ddnava96;30142]Yesterday I updated Controllers for All so my games detect my iPega 9025 as a MFi controller. I decided to try it on RetroArch despite comments saying it doesnt support MFi controllers by now, but I found out it does support all buttons, BUT it doesnt detect my analogs (right now I’m playing mostly SNES and GBA so it’s just good for me). Before you ask me, yes, I selected RetroPad w/analogs (I didn’t at first and thought it was my fault, but it wasn’t), and I tried my analogs on another game (Terraria), expecting it was a bug on Controllers for All update, and they worked great.

I’m using the RetroArch9.ipa that was uploaded in a .zip with RA9.ipa. Installed it using AppAddict on iOS 9.0.2 with Pangu Jailbreak.

MFi controllers seem to be partially supported, but no analog support. Seems like there’s less work to do about MFi[/QUOTE]

I think the support you are getting from the controller is actually from the Bluetooth stack that Controllers For All installed and not from MFI .