Retroarch IOS 9

Nope, it is from MFi. I connected my iPega 9025 in keyboard mode and Controllers for All can remap the keyboard buttons to the controller buttons. When I select keyboard as input for Controllers for All the keyboard should be connected via iOS Bluetooth, no BTStack involved (it couldn’t be since Bluetooth is already on). When I open RetroArch I go to Input and RetroArch detect it as the MFi gamepad emulated by Controllers for All with no BTStack involved and not as a keyboard. Also, if I remap the keys within Controllers for All the remaps work as expected on RetroArch. That way I managed to use my analog stick for GBA games, remaping my analog stick (detected by iOS as arrow keys, mapped by Controllers for All to D-pad and RetroArch detecting it as D-Pad)

Let’s just say I connected a Keyboard via iOS built-in Bluetooth, emulated a MFi controller via CFA (No BTStack) and RetroArch detected it as a controller, not a keyboard (btw, RetroArch doesn’t detect keyboards, that’s why I decided to go through CFA)

Actually is from CFA, i activated pure BTstack, and my controller wasnt recognized by RetroArch.

Funny my pure mfi controller (game vice) remains undetected.

The analog sticks not working, and the problem is related to retroarch input, and not CFA, because the the analog sticks are working in other appstore games

Any word on retroarch crashing on iOS9?

That’s right. I tried my controller with Terraria and analog sticks workg great

It’s pretty weird that RetroArch can’t detect a pure MFi controller but can detect a non-MFi through CFA

I believe Controllers for All also emulates iCade which might explain why everything works except analog. Even if it says MFI from the pulldown it might be in iCade mode in Retroarch. iCade mode is just a basic bluetooth controller which iOS supported long before MFI>

Since my pure MFI controller does not work its just speculation.

Its because a bug On retroarch screen

please, someone help me… I recently installed on my iphone 5s ( 9.0.2 ) the app controllers4all with BTstack , but nothing no longer receive push notifications … Could someone help me otherwise, someone pass me the N64 mapping file , or you do not really think it would be easier on Android , try to map my ipega 9017 and could only map a button if they could fix both problems would be magnificent , as this is the only N64 emulator around cydia

recientemente instalé en mi iphone 5s (9.0.2) la app controllers4all, con btstack, pero de la nada ya no recibo notificaciones push… alguien podria ayudarme otra cosa, alguien que me pase el archivo de mapeo de N64, o no se que hacer la verdad, creo que esto seria mas facil en android, intento mapear mi ipega 9017 y solo pude mapear un boton si pudieran arreglar ambos problemas seria magnifico, ya que este es el unico emulador de N64 en todo cydia

[QUOTE=Quadzilla;30174]I believe Controllers for All also emulates iCade which might explain why everything works except analog. Even if it says MFI from the pulldown it might be in iCade mode in Retroarch. iCade mode is just a basic bluetooth controller which iOS supported long before MFI>

Since my pure MFI controller does not work its just speculation.[/QUOTE]

Even weirder. My iPega has an iCade mode (B + Home), but it doesn’t work for RetroArch either. Only connecting it on Gamepad mode (X + Home) and enabling CFA to emulate a MFi

someone help me with my question :c on the previous page

[QUOTE=JuanJo;30195]someone help me with my question :c on the previous page[/QUOTE]

Juanjo, you wont be able to play n64 games with controller because Analogs dont work. And its a basic requirement. You can only use retroarch with controller for any games that dont require them.

I just tried to install the latest iOS 9 Nightly from the repo, and got this error.

[QUOTE=Hadrol;30228]I just tried to install the latest iOS 9 Nightly from the repo, and got this error.

[/QUOTE]

Installed it manually, and didnt worked. Missing on springboard.

I already had it installed. For the last two days the icon was missing on springboard. Even 12 hours ago it was missing (I check Cydia three times a day to see if there is a new update). I updated it and the last version shows the icon but still crashes on start. Sticking with the ipa build for now

[QUOTE=ddnava96;30142]Yesterday I updated Controllers for All so my games detect my iPega 9025 as a MFi controller. I decided to try it on RetroArch despite comments saying it doesnt support MFi controllers by now, but I found out it does support all buttons, BUT it doesnt detect my analogs (right now I’m playing mostly SNES and GBA so it’s just good for me). Before you ask me, yes, I selected RetroPad w/analogs (I didn’t at first and thought it was my fault, but it wasn’t), and I tried my analogs on another game (Terraria), expecting it was a bug on Controllers for All update, and they worked great.

I’m using the RetroArch9.ipa that was uploaded in a .zip with RA9.ipa. Installed it using AppAddict on iOS 9.0.2 with Pangu Jailbreak.

MFi controllers seem to be partially supported, but no analog support. Seems like there’s less work to do about MFi[/QUOTE]

If you have a read of this:https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/1737

You’ll see that TwinAphex was working on it a while back and actually reconnected the button mapping but still had to implement the axis mapping so I’m guessing that’s as far as he got with it, he was having problems building it to test though so perhaps that’s where development stopped.

Goooood News guys! I have play N64 with my PS3 controller, what you have to do is as simple as mapping the dpad on the analogs, and thats it. Is not that confortable, but its better than nothing. I dont know why anyone had this idea before.

Maybe this can help to figure out whats going on. I was able to map the analogs on the alternative menu(White menu, not the black with green letters), but when i return to the game, they dont work.

Tried the latest Cydia build… still crashing on start:(

I’ll try to map my analogs in the white menu. Haven’t tried it because the menu has a bug that I don’t like. Going into any menu will make Load core disappear. All the options that are not visible because of disappearing on the top of the screen will disappear if I enter a menu and go back. They’ll reappear when restarting the app or switching to the black menu, scroll to the top, and go back to the white menu.

'll try and report back

Surely that will just make your analogue sticks work with digital input though won’t it? Most n64 games required analogue input rather than digital so while it’s a work around its not ideal.