RetroArch iOS release (v1.0.0.1)

Thanks, I guess it’s better to wait for bt stack to be updated. Will you add MFi controller support for retro arch?

Is it true that 1.0 will be released today?

any news about v1.0?

That’s the plan. Squarepusher is going to send me the app bundle soon and then I’ll package it for the cydia repos–ours and zottd’s.

Know that feel :\

1.0 is awesome!!

The new analog stick is really great. Just needs some tweaking for iPad.

I am kinda sad that Star Wars shadow of the empire crashes the app :confused:

Goldeneye also crashes… Daaaaaaamn:(

One minor thing, the icon looks a bit blurry compared to the other icons, iPad air.

Thanks for 1.0.0 release. And I much appreciate that you transfer back .RetroArch folder to /var/mobile/Documents - it’s more comfortable.

Firstly thanks for all the hardwork on RetroArch guys its such an amazing system.

Wondering if anyone can help. I’m using ipad 2 on IOS 6.1.3, and typically use my PS3 controller via BTstack

Previous versions have worked fine and on boot to version 1 I can set my button config fine and the controller is recognised but as soon as I load ANY core the controller remains connected but no buttons are working within the core.

Can bring up core (pixelated) menu via onscreen controller and have tried changing pretty much every setting in here - have set to Sixaxis, tried all player numbers, turned on/off autoset have tried setting button config but simply not registering pad button presses at all.

I’ve have no core configs set, just BTstack as input Bluetooth. Have also tried completely removing and reinstalling.

Are most people on IOS7 now and waiting for BTstack to be updated? Or are others having the same issue?

Again love RetroArch and really looking forward to really getting to grips with version 1.

Thanks

RetroArch iOS 1.0.0.0 has just been released on Cydia.

You can get it from Themaister’s repo -

http://themaister.net/cydia

Zodttd will likely put it on his repo soon as well.

mame2013 is possible for ios?

Once again, many thanks to all of you guys for all the work you’ve put in RetroArch!

It’s really appreciated!

I’m testing the other vba cores (well, mainly just the other one since mednafen vba is unusable on iOS) on my iPhone 5s. With the games I’m playing, in vba next, the only FPS readings I’m getting are 60.0 or 59.3fps during gameplay. On VBA-M though, I’m getting those exact same readings plus occasionally, anything in between. That leads me to wonder… I know that on PC, vba-m is a fork of vba; however, on iOS, do vba-m and vba next perform (specifically, coded to perform) roughly the same; or is one of them catered for weaker hardware (such as A5 devices)? When I was using the iPhone 4S, vba next wasn’t really cutting it for me. I prefer not to use frame skip either, so I ended up using a different emulator for my gba emulation needs. So in short, for those who have weaker hardware (than the A7), how does VBA-M play on your device, and how does it compare to using VBA Next?

zelda majora mask not working,only show black screen.

tried all core plugins but no help.

iphone 5S.

It works over here on an iPad Mini Retina.

Tried the US ROM and played for a fair bit.

Tried the US ROM and played for a fair bit.[/quote]

Lol… …this is off topic, but I couldn’t help but notice your user name. Let me guess, you must be Squarepusher’s biggest fan, huh?? Lol

Lol… …this is off topic, but I couldn’t help but notice your user name. Let me guess, you must be Squarepusher’s biggest fan, huh?? Lol[/quote]

Actually that was me - I somehow accidentally got logged in as Squarepusher1 - for what reason I do not know since I can’t recall having made the account.

Ah, I see. Well, that took all the fun out of it…would have been funny if it had actually ended up being someone else. By the way, it’s great that the UI on 1.0 is the same as the test build we were just recently testing. When I had first used the test build, I was a little thrown off with the changes at first. I quickly got used to it and actually prefer it over the look of 0.9.9.6. It feels more streamlined and efficient now; I find myself using the RGUI menu a lot more for everything now as well.

I have a question about box-psx-diagonals.cfg. Is it possible to hide buttons of next.png and rgui.png like ps_next.png (it hides after few moments after launching rom)? hunterk, I need your help. :slight_smile:

Lol… …this is off topic, but I couldn’t help but notice your user name. Let me guess, you must be Squarepusher’s biggest fan, huh?? Lol[/quote]

sorry,no understand.

whats the problem whit my user name?.

brujo5, that post refered to Squarepusher, not to you actually. :wink:

a ok.

big thx.