RetroArch iOS release (v1.0.0.1)

I am running ios 7 untethered, thanks for the advice though.

I understand that it’s a wip core, and i also did not expect a playable speed out of it. it is more of troubleshooting the issue that retroarch has on my ipad. I tried nds4ios and it runs, albeit unplayable due to lag, it’s a proof of concept that my ipad could handle the ds emulation. Squarepusher mentioned on ifans forum that iphone 4 hardware would be decent enough to run it. I need to stress again that i am not expecting a playable speed, i just want to troubleshoot an issue that retroarch might have with my ipad, since it just crashed and returned to home screen, so there might be something i am missing?

Honestly, if i can just run it with even 15 fps i’ll be satisfied. Perhaps it’s the completionist in me who wants the issue settled haha.

Ehm, is it possible to make the bluetooth multiplayer feature? To play psx games, for example Metal Slug, not on the same device but through bluetooth.

A tweak came out today that allows the PS3 controller to be seen as a MFi controller, thus, allowing you to us it natively with games like GTA:SA and Sonic 2.

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/01/19 … ty-to-ios/

Hopefully blutrol could implement something similar for free.

I’ll note that tweak uses btstack and if you have btstack, sixaxis works with RA regardless. People are also noting that tweak creates issues with applications that already use sixaxis over btstack (like RA) making them crash or behave erratically. And yes, blutrol should be implementing this soon as well. Hopefully via BTC instead of btstack.

Which is why I am staying away from it for the time being. Would be nice if blutrol does similar and as you said, with BTC instead of BTStack. Do you think this is likely?

So, is it possible to do this ever?

Does anyone know how to enable the “high res graphics” on PSX ReARMed showed in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWO_PoPuu_0.

@pralima87 It should be available in the core options via RGUI

Ok thanks!

Anyone got the analog stick working on the PS3 controller with iOS 7 and Mupen64? PS3 controller works fine with it’s digital buttons, but I get 0 analog input. I also have this problem with the Android version… N64 core is unusable since I can’t use the analog stick. I’ve tried setting it as a joypad w/ analog and everything…

How did you get RetroArch to work with your iControlPad? I can’t for the life of me figure out how to connect and control RetroArch with it.

I pair the iControlPad (in iCade mode) with my iPad2. Then start RetroArch and make sure it is in iCade Bluetooth input type. When I start a PSX game the up button on the pad is mapped to X and the right button on the pad is mapped to Start. Every other button on the pad doesn’t work.

— C

It would be awesome if one of the devs could tell us if they can fix the problem with controllerforall

How did you get RetroArch to work with your iControlPad? I can’t for the life of me figure out how to connect and control RetroArch with it.

I pair the iControlPad (in iCade mode) with my iPad2. Then start RetroArch and make sure it is in iCade Bluetooth input type. When I start a PSX game the up button on the pad is mapped to X and the right button on the pad is mapped to Start. Every other button on the pad doesn’t work.

— C[/quote]

i am not very sure if it’s applicable to your situation but I find how to connect my ds3 to retroarch everytime. The key to me, is after turning on btstack, i launch retroarch app, but i don’t press the ps button yet. If I do, the controller does connect (the 4 blinking light become 1 normal light) but it does nothing ingame, except maybe registering a few early keypresses and then stopped working.

Instead, I launch the psx core, load state, went to retroarch GUI, change the input to sixaxis AND by then i press the ps button. The lights will blink indefinitely but it’s a stable connection (played for half an hour).

Perhaps you can try changing the order you do things, might do the trick, who knows. All the best. I am using the latest build of Retroarch.

I finally figured out how to pair the iControlPad with RetroArch 1.0.0.1. iControlPad must be in iCade mode and RetroArch Bluetooth setting must be iCade too.

Only catch is that iCade mode doesn’t have or support the analog sticks on the iControlPad so no N64 or PSX play for me. Any chance or interest in having native iControlPad support through BTstack like in Robert Broglia’s emulators?

My PS3 Sixaxis’s analog stick doesn’t seems to work with RetroArch 1.0.0.1 either. I tested other emulator like iMame4iOS and it works pretty well.

I really want to play PSX and N64 games as well, but without the analog stick it’s almost impossible for me.

Yeah i also can’t make the analogs work on my ipega 9017. The main issue is that Retroarch only has 2 BT modes - Keyboard and iCADE.

For the analogs of the ipega 9017 to work you need to pair the device in “Joystick” mode. Keyboard mode is the best but still no analog :/.

As I remember you can enable the analog-mode in RGUI during playing.

What i mean is that i need to connect the controller on “Joystick mode” for Retroarch to recognize the analogs. I can’t even map the analogs on the settings.

But retroarch only have iCADE and Keyboard modes.

The iPega have 3 modes iCADE, Keyboard and Joystick mode. The analogs only work on Joystick mode. But Retroarch wont recognize the controller if i use this mode.

Help! So the other day i was just simply changing the screen overlay controls on my ipod. Then i had the brilliant idea of choosing example.cfg as the overlay controller. Ive been trying to switch it back but the input controls for example.cfg are useless… and when i tried reinstalling it on Cydia it was the same thing. What do i do?

@LLobato I don’t know exactly what options are available in the iOS version, but you have several possibilities: If it’s like the Android version, you can change the overlay via the out-of-game menu under the input settings. If it’s like the OS X version, you can delete your RetroArch.cfg, which should be located in the Application Support/RetroArch directory. If neither of those options apply, you can go into your RetroArch.app directory using a filesystem browser and replace the entire example directory with a copied/renamed working overlay (for example, make a copy of the dual-shock directory, rename to ‘example’ or whatever it’s called, and then rename dual-shock.cfg to example.cfg). It should try to load the renamed cfg, which should function properly.