RetroArch iOS release (v1.0.0.1)

Not sure why this new little tidbit wasn’t posted in the forum, or if it was, I must have missed it…

Anyways, for anyone who may not know, RetroArch 1.0.0.2.1 is now available for us ios users. There appears to be a new official cydia source which is, libretro.com/cydia

The update wasn’t pushed out on the themaister cydia source, so perhaps they’re doing away with it. I don’t know if the update has been pushed out or not in zodttd’s source, seeing as it’s one of the stock cydia sources I manually remove. Anyways, happy updating and testing!

Also, if you get an error during the install process when the new retroarch version attempts to rewrite over the old one, you’ll have to uninstall the old version first before continuing the installation of 1.0.0.2.1. Atleast, that’s what happened to me when I tried just updating over 1.0.0.1

Hmmm, well that’s odd… …I’ve updated to RetroArch 1.0.0.2.1 on both my 5S and Air; on the iphone, the RA icon color scheme is now blue and white, but on the air the color scheme remains the same (black and white). Was this change intended?

The app bundle has a bunch of different icons in it for various resolutions. I replaced one of them with a new icon but there’s been some confusion with the artist about which other resolutions are needed, so we just left them off for now.

The update should go out to zodttd’s repo soon.

Strange but after installing 1.0.0.2.1 from the repo I’m not seeing an icon?

Respring and if necessary uninstall and re-install again.

That worked, thanks.

I updated it and now i dont have an overlay?

Edit: tinkered and fixed the problem!!

and for all of you who have choppy audio with “enhanced resolution (slow)” set ur frameskip to one and it should fix it!

Please, anyone can tell me where ican get the last version 1.0.0.2 for IOS?. In cydia in only appears the first version, and the repo of libretro is offline Thank you very much!.

Weird that the repo isn’t working, I have asked the server owner, I’ll let you know when he responds

Is anyone having issues setting the global path directory? Keeps reverting to the default

The source is ok, i made a mistake. The last question: anyone know if “controllers for all” cydia tweak works in the actual version 1.0.0.2 for IOS?. Thank you!.

hi, does anyone know why Retroarch doesn’t save games using an .mcr for PSX games on iOS? Is it possible to transfer save games from PCSXR to Retroarch on iOS?

Thanks for your help and excuse for my noobness

@jaywratten RA uses own .srm memorycard file for each game. Actually .srm is identical to .mcr so you can just rename .srm to .mcr (or contraversly) and it will be work. For example, you have game Final Fantasy 7. And you already finished first CD on ePSXe (or PCSXR). Your ROM-file of the game is “Final Fantasy VII (CD 2).iso” (for example). So you wanna transfer your progress to RetroArch. Just rename your “epsxe000.mcr” or “epsxe001.mcr” ( dunno how it names on PCSXR) to “Final Fantasy VII (CD 2).srm” and put it into /var/mobile/Documents/.RetroArch and that’s all.

According to the blog on the upcoming RA 1.1, since it was stated that you (dev) now have a Mac and that the upcoming build of RA iOS will be reworked, more stable, improved, and overall better…and seeing as how you have a Mac with all software (such as Xcode) and OS up to date, will future releases of RA on iOS also have native support for 64bit (A7 and upcoming) iOS devices? Even with the current build of RA on iOS (and even on 7.0.6), there seem to be some quirks that A7 devices (iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini retina) experience that aren’t present or happen on A6 and below. Anyways, regardless of what causes such issues, it would be great if RA ‘just worked’ on my A7 devices as great as it does on my A5 device. Anyways, still looking forward to the next release and all it has to offer.

Soo, are there any news about new beta? :slight_smile:

Where are the saves folder in retroarch? I want to transfer my saves to the wii

edit: nvm I found it in documents in a hidden folder

It seems that retroarch is not working well with btstack in 8.1.1

I get it to sync with my sixaxis but when I exit retroarch, the sixaxis is still on until I restart the ipad. BtStack options do nothing or freeze after I exit retroarch. I thought the cause was btstack but snes ex+ works great with the sixaxis and btstack,

Hi guys! Any news on the update release? I think on twitter was something about the Christmas holiday. Some news would be nice!

A great 2015 to all!

Still just a little ways out. There are a couple of showstopping bugs holding it off, but it’s coming very soon.

I have a very big question, I don´t know if its possible to rescue a memory card file that i have in my PC when i used to play digimon world 2 using pSX_1_13, i have the file in my computer but recently u started to use retroarch into my tablet ( Ipad 2) and i downloaded the game into my tablet but i dont want to start from the begging again since i spent 66 hours playing in the PC. I want to know if its possible to transfer the memory card and use it in the retroarch. OBS i have ifile in my tablet as well.

I found this after a quick search via google:

"Is there a PSX emulator for windows that will read either the .srm or .state files created by retroarch’s PCSX REarmed emulator?

PCSX ReARMeds save files (srm) are just mcr files in disguise. To use them with Mednafen-libretro you’ll need to boot up your game once and it should create a save file called something like this: “Tekken 3 (USA).3890b2201ea266f73cdc0639a122a174.0.mcr” Rename your srm file to that name and replace the save Mednafen just created with it (always make a backup first!) and it should work.

Savestates (state) are never compatible between different emulators."

Not sure how that would turn out for you since you’ve been using a different playstation emulator on pc, but it’s worth a try.