RetroArch - Native CRT Support

@Yuke There are a few video driver you can use. Anrgy Lion is the most accurate but is very heavy on CPU usage.

thanks ill check it out later.

:edit: ok the described slowdown is with Mupen64…when i try paraLELL i get an error message on bootup that libetrocore couldnt be loaded.

I hear Angrylion gfx plugin (also requires cxd4 RSP) provides a good experience with CRTs. I’m not sure the other plugins will report the correct resolution or not.

Was automatic custom ratio changing ever implemented, or is that still something that you’re planning on looking into? If you do wind up adding this, it would also be really great for maintaining artifact-free integer scaling on an LCD display with games that use multiple resolutions.

Is there a cfg file i can set those things without starting a game? Because i cant enter the option menu if the core crashes on gameload…

@yuke you can just load the core and go to options

I cant sadly. There is no option entry in the menu if i only load the core…some weird shit going on here…

retroarch-core-options.cfg

You can open it in a text editor and delete all the lines that start with the core’s name.

Not seeing options until content is loaded is normal behavior. The core isn’t fully initialized until content is loaded.

Hello, i dont have any entries about the paraLELL emu it seems…

Here is my cfg-file, maybe someone can see whats the problem or can tell me why glupen64 has the slowdowns.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xHjebbtD8VIKXfAYSaqkyH1F66xj3o0b

Another question: It seems that im missing one superresolution for proper ResSwitching on the PS1…Anyone knows what Resolution the PS1 bootup screen has? Seems to be an interlaced resolution i didnt set yet (startup screen of the game seems to have the same resolution thats missing).

It will be either 640x480@60, 640x448@60 or 640x576@50, 640x512@50. Sorry I can’t be more specific but PSX is known to have 8 resolutions.

Automatic aspect ratio switching is at the heart of CRTSwitchRes. Without it super resolutions would not work.

I guess i have them installed and just forgot how messy interlaced resolution are…the flickering probably made me think they are not installed…do you think the switch between 240p and 480i in games will improve in the future? Its kinda messy in games like Chrono Cross. Sound jitter and a bit laggy.

Could you paste me your cfg file entries for paraLELL so i can add them to mine please? I have no idea why i cant make it start…do i need a minimum of hardware so it can work? I just have a core2duo 3.2ghz in this emulation machine.

oh, core2duo isn’t going to run those plugins, unfortunately.

Oh, well. That explains it i guess…what do i need to run them? Oh i just checked that its a hyperthreading plugin? Its still weird that i cant even make it run without loading any plugin…?

I still dont understand why the Mupen64 has those slowdowns…this even works on my Pi without problems…

I checked my video settings when Mupen had those slowdowns where i couldnt proceed anymore…fps went down to 30, could this be the problem?

So, could I use CRTSwitchRes to achieve automatic integer scale custom aspect ratio switching on an LCD display? It would be great if the custom integer scale aspect ratio changed whenever the game’s resolution changes, so that scaling artifacts could be avoided at all times.

Managed to get paraLELL working (c++ redistributable missing) but there is no superresolution switch going on? Does it even work with this Emulator? Am i missing some resolution entries?

Tried Angrylion + cxd4 like suggested.

Nevermind, had to restart Retroarch…switching seems to work now but it doesnt fill the screen (black bars horizontally and vertically)… also it runs like shit now with super resolutions active :stuck_out_tongue: Guess thats just my hardware limitation…was running full speed without CRT switching tho…

Dolphin working too now…gamecube performance better than in my n64 emulation lol…no idea if my cpu or my gpu is limiting…but i guess its the cpu right? Radeon HD6450 should be enough? Thinking about buying a cheap quadcore from ebay for 25 euros…

If you’re going to buy a new CPU for N64, it might be best to just save up and get one that can run Angrylion/cxd4.