Retroarch on ios 10.2

ok I isntall 1.3.6 with Cydia Impator and every things work great now , thanks cydia impactor just install ipa for seven days I hope somebody find a solution for that ,

thank you MrSeven_X for sharing IPA

There are two solutions for this. Sulotion number one, just reinstall it again using cydia impactor and follow my previous on how preserve previous saved contents. Solution number two, to buy one year certificate for around 15$ and resign any IPA for one year.

1 Like

It’s more trying to get the PSX jit core working. I have the interpreter core working and it works okay but I rather use the jit. Also a few others dont work–for example pico doesn’t work with the 32x files. Is there any plan to update the jit support for ios 10 in retroarch since the jailbreak does now support it?

First of all, I’m not a developer and I have nothing to do with RetroArch except i’m a regular user like you. Regarding 32x games, you need to disable the dynamic recompilers. To do this run any genesis game using Pico core then tap on RetroArch icon> options> disable dynamic recompilers. Done, the Sega 32x will work with no problem using 32x or zip. RetroArch crashes on these cores Psx, n64, nds and pico if dynamic recompilers is enabled.

do your shaders work? I remember them working when I compiled RA in xcode myself but never through cydia or an ipa

Hi everyone,

I’m facing some issues with RetroArch 1.5.0 compilation on iOS 10.2.

When I open the app, it shows the roms, but when I choose a rom, it says no cores found.

This is what i’m doing to package the app:

1. Download RetroArch from github, also download libretro-super.
  2. Get all the cores with ./libretro-fetch.sh, then compile the compatible ones with ./libretro-build-ios9.sh.
  3. Then I copy the results from dist folder to pkg/apple/iOS/modules.
  4. Next I open the project Retroarch-iOS10.xproject and specify the relevant information: the code-signing and the provisioning
  5. Then I do an archive. If I look at the results it executes at the end the script code-sign-cores.sh. The output states the Identity use for signing OK and it also signs all the compatible cores.
  6. Then I export the IPA and upload to the phone with iTunes.

Following this steps results in the issue reported previously, it doesn’t find the cores. Also if I deploy to the simulator, I look into the filesystem and all the cores are there, inside RetroArch.IPA, on modules folder.

I have a few days into this and I really can’t figure why it doesn’t work, please if someone knows what i’m doing wrong I would like to know.

Thanks! Cheers,

You should try to load the cores afrter creating the ipa or app file by looking inside and put em on the modules folder. Instead of using xcode to load them.

Okay I’m sorry I am a total noob at this first of all and I have look everywhere for a retroarch to work on my iPhone 6 Plus 10.2 jailbreak -situation First I downloaded your IPA 1.3.6 I installed it via appsync signed and working Now I checked the cfg through text editor the modules is where it is supposed to be Now I downloaded a Super Nintendo rom and tried to load the core 2 problems I click load core and it doesn’t load. Next I try to load the content game to automatically detect core and it crashes the app. Now I don’t have a computer which is why I have done every step via phone. Now I am stuck . Honestly All I want to do is play ps1 games and N64 . The rest is there when I want to play those . Please help me solved my issues if you can

You need pc to sign ipa and cores. Use cydia impactor to Install the IPA. This is the simplest way either your iphone jailbroken or not. It does both sign the app and codesign the cores at same time. If your iPhone Jailbroken, then you don’t need to use cydia impactor every 7 days in order to resign Retroarch as long as your iPhone in jailbreak state.

Quick question I have happychick and I replaced the modules from there and retroarch recognized the cores from ps1 and n64 Only problem now is it is crashing when I try to load the roms

Same thing you need to sign RetroArch and cores with the same apple account otherwise the app will crash when you load any core on iOS 10.

Okay sorry about not that I was trying to beat the system just trying to do it through the phone . Best advice is to sign it myself then use cydia extender so I don’t need to resign thank you very much for your help mrseven

I was able to load retroarch finally I’ve tested it with a Super Nintendo game . Having some problems sometimes it doesn’t load also having trouble with the on screen overlays they stay for a retroarch gamepad and I want it to show Super Nintendo overlays is there a way and a guide as well to download games and also I want to play PlayStation and N64 games is there a easy way to load them?

The files included here were able to get RetroArch running on my iPhone 7 running the 10.3.2 beta.

I moved the BIOS files into the system folder and titled it “BIOS”, but currently cannot get Playstation games to work.

I have gotten this to work with my SteelSeries Nimbus controller and verified working with SNES and N64 games!

Current issues: • playstation games (more testing needed) • during SNES games, if I remove the controller overlay (while using the external controller) I cannot get the on screen controller to appear the way it works on the N64 games.

Bios files needs to be on the folder called System, not Bios.

I wrote it wrong in the post. They are currently in the RetroArch>Documents>RetroArch>system folder. I only pasted the 3 bios files I needed for the OS X version of RetroArch.

I just dropped all the bios files to see if it would make any difference.

For the PSX files, do I need both the bin and cue file? I have them as separate files currently, which is how it works on the desktop version.

CORRECTION: I made sure to use the PCSX Rearmed Interpreter core and it is working! WOO

Beetle PSX can use both, PSCX uses Bin files only.

I’ve been waiting for my 7 days to expire before I record a video demonstrating this. I saved my old files and configuration for further testing.

I tried using impactor with the original file and my thumbnails were not loading. For example, at the bottom of the screen I had 3 black squares to select home, games, settings.

I deleted it, used impactor again everything works. Including my saved file for Super Mario RPG.

NEW PROBLEM: my save states for Super Mario RPG fail to load. Is that because I need to tinker with the original config file?

If you don’t delete the old retroarch before impactor sideloading the new retroarch, it doesn’t seem to load assets right, you have to delete old one and clean install- then it will auto-install assets and you should have thumbnails.

A lot of emulators recently been having trouble with Super Mario RPG save states with snes9x in particular. Don’t know the problem but it’s probably a core issue.

Thank you so much for responding!!!

That makes sense. It’s really not hard to start over. Luckily the save file works. I’m pleased about that.