Retroarch on ios 10.2

Hi all,

I recently updated to ios 10.2 and saw that there is Jit support now, I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a version that runs on ios10.2 on Iphone 6s+ jailbroken?

Hi to everyone , just wonder why we don’t have retroarch for ios 10 ? I added libretro source but nothing there for ios 10 ، we have jailbreak and jit know so there is no reason for delay anymore , happychick just a pirate made by older version of retroarch

no news on the ios 10 front?

The iOS 10 port is made by xcode project. Or you can use the iOS 9 version instead if not xcode or mac avalaiable.

hmmm where does one get the ios 10 port? or which ios 9 version works because the ones that I tried all either crash on start or when you load the rom

https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch.git Here, iOS project and Retroarch 10 target. Dang you are right, it crashes. Well, use this one instead… an old build but it works. Its the one i have right now. https://www.dropbox.com/s/odxn9rwzggl1y5u/iOS%2010%20emulators%3B%20sideload%20them..zip?dl=0

lol good its not just me then I thought I was losing my mind. Thanks man, I’ll try the one u linked

Just download the version you prefer
I recommend 1.3.6 because it’s auto loads configuration on start up. All the cores are included like Ps1 and N64. Anyway, just use Cydia impactor (windows or Mac)to install RetroArch and every 7 days reinstall and delete the RetroArch.cfg from config folder. It won’t delete roms (games) or save data. Then do the settings again. What I always do reuse old RetroArch.cfg I copy the new bundle id from the new RetroArch.cfg For example: 15FD62FD-2BEB-4C1E-A9B8-BC93E5C721CC

To old RetroArch.cfg For example: B9284FBE-E558-4A65-A7E4-AE20CDAD9A1D Find old id and Replace all with the new id

RetroArch 1.3.6

RetroArch 1.4.1

1 Like

Thanks! 1.3.6 worked wonders on latest iOS and iPhone 6s+ no jailbreak. Is there any tutorial on how to cook my own IPA for retroarch? Since there are more cores than I’d like to (and no, not looking for something like “just delete the rest” but would rather love not to be tied to somebody else but compile my own). I saw one about doing something with the .app you download and XCODE but was kinda outdated and plus I like using CydiaImpactor more, if Imma be doing this every 7 days!

So basically once it expires just delete the app and sideload again, but what do you do with the cfg? I delete it after the sideload or do I find it with filza and change the id?

Don’t delete the app reinstall over it and save the old RetroArch.cfg to pc then delete it from your app start RetroArch. It will start normally and it will automatically create new RetroArch.cfg file.

and then replace the new cfg with the old one? or just swap the ID? sry to ask so much lol

swap the id from the new cfg to old one, then save the changes. After that, replace the modified cfg with the new one.

MrSeven it seems like I cannot reply directly to you but my former comment was directed towards you. Could you give me a hand on how to compile it myself to only put the cores I need etc? I’d appreciate that a lot man!

thank you but non of them work

I tested both 1.3.6 and 1.4.1 version

The only thing you need to add the cores is the ipa file.

1: Right click to see the ipa content, you will se an .app file do the same 2: Go to the modules folder and drop in there the signed cores 3: Sign the app and install it with xcode.

Need more help, let me know. :wink:

thanks for all the help bro, got it working

Guys currently I’m on vacation. I don’t have access to internet and I’m away from my main pc. I will try my best to help you guys. First I need to borrow a laptop and have an internet connection.

Hi I have installed 1.4.1 version on my Iphone 7 with cydia impactor, but when I try to load roms with core, retroarch crash, how can I solve? Have I sign cores? How can I do it? Best regards. Jeosh

As far as i know you need terminal and a dev cert with an Apple Id to sign them.