Retroarch on ios 10.2

Ok this is will solve the crashing issue. If you downloaded my ipa either 1.3.6 or 1.4.1. The reason for retroarch crashing is not recognize core directory, so we need to set it up manually. You don’t need Xcode at all just follow the steps: 1- Install my uploaded Retroarch.ipa using cydia impactor (win/mac) Apple ID required. 2- launch Retrorach > select load Core / check if the cores available then you don’t need following steps, if not then cerry on and follow next steps. 3- close retroarch completely (Not running on background). 4- Connect your device and Use iFunbox for retroarch 1.3.6 / App File Sharing>retroarch> retroarch>config>retroarch.cfg for retroarch 1.4.1 / App File Sharing>retroarch> then click on Go Up Level/ .config>retroarch>retroarch.cfg 5- now copy the file retroarch.cfg to desktop edit the file with txt editor, in my case I need to change this:

libretro_directory = "/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/FE36168E-9CB8-4BC8-B89A-067B9DAF0D5B/Documents/RetroArch/cores”

to:

libretro_directory = ":/modules”

6- Save the changes and replace retroarch.cfg with old one. 7- start retorarch / load core and you will see all the cores there. retroarch 1.3.6 needs to download Overlays from online Updater.

gitpsychedelic

if you need to add or remove cores. 1- (Using MAC) change retroarch.ipa to retroarch.zip. 2- Uncompress it. then Go to folder Payload. 3- Right click on Retroarch.app, show package contents 4- Go to Modules and add or remove whatever core you want. 5- Go back untill you see Payload then compress it, after that change name and format from Payload.zip to Retroarch.ipa. done.

if you are using windows then create a blank rar file in the same directory with retroarch.ipa. Then click on back level up or little back error.( I don’t really remember). Anywa, you will see reptroarch.ipa double click retroarch.app>modules and delete, drag and drop the core you want.

in version 1.4.1 there are not retroarch.cfg file in config folder. So I have installed version 1.3.6 and in file retroarch.cfg there was already libretro_directory = “:/modules”. In both version when I run games and select mame core it crash. Iphone 7 with ios 10.2.1

Have you sign the cores?

I explained on previous post where you find retroarch.cfg 1.4.1.

Mame or neogeo games need bios file inside the games directory And try these cores Arcade fb Fbalpha_libretro_ios All mames

Did you try other cores like snes ?

No need to sign the cores if you are using cydia impactor

what if we don’t have xcode ?

is that possible to use your ipa ?

Yes. no need for Xcode no need to sign the cores manually all you need cydia Impactor (Win/Mac) and my IPA because the cores are included

ok now if I upload bios it work, but strange, I had create a new folder because in folder “inbox” both ifunbox and iphone explorer don’t let me drag and drop files into it. if I use function “open in” for uploading games from browser it is a problem. Jeosh

I’m not sure what exactly is your problem. But most of these issues lie on ifunbox or iTunes not updated to lates version or your phone is locked with passcode. Anyway, update iTunes and ifunbox then plug in your iphone and unlocked it. After that use iFunbox Click on App File Sharing>retroarch> retroarch> Then you can create new folder and name it Roms> then create new folder for each console for example, Snes, Nes, GBA, MAME, etc. Make sure you drag and drop the bios into MAME folder next to the game you want to play.

can’t install version 1.4.1 version 1.3.6 installed correctly but when I choose game and core crash instantly ( sega genesis games )

Ipad air 2 jailbreak ios 10.2

Read my previous post and you will find the answer. For everyone has issue with any problem related to retroarch, cores, and ifunbox just please read my previous posts before you post your issues. We need to make the thread more organized and easy for the reader to get what they want.

Genesis core doesnt work for me either…

hi , I install retroarch 1.3.6 and retroarch.cfg already fixed I try genesis and nes games both crash instantly install ipa file with filza file manager ipad air 2 ios 10.2 jailbreak

I’ve been using your IPAs and they work quite well on 10.2 JB Ipad Pro 12.9. However some of them crash–nds, pcsx non interpreter, yabause. Mednafen PSX just shows a black screen. Is this just because of the JIT issues and if so is anyone working to update those cores for JIT in 10.2? Thanks for all your hard work.

Have you tried without jailbreak enabled?

The PSX interpreter does work. If you want to play i’d reccomend using it.

You need to use cydia impactor to Install the IPA. This is the simplest way either your device jailbroken or not. It does both sign the app and codesign the cores at same time. If you don’t like to use cydia impactor then you need to codesign all cores even though your device is jailbroken. The account you signed the app should much with the cores you use to codesign, specially none jailbroken.

Both genesis cores working for me on iphone 7 plus on latest update 10.2.1 (not jailbroken).

Jit not support on iOS 10 jailbreak so far. Regarding DNS I didn’t try it on this version of RA but I would recommend to dns4ios it’s way better than the one on RA. Same goes to ppsspp. Mednafen PSX Needs 5 bios files and using both img and cue files to run a game, but it’s very very slow. Psx interpreter is the best. You are welcome

No way, how? I can’t load the core it always fails.

Which version of RA? How did you install RA? Is your device jailbroken? Did you edit any of the settings? How about other cores are they working? Did you use my IPA?