RetroArch OSX Releases (v1.0.0.2)

Totally new app. No more plain-jane SDL port. Native Cocoa UI and backwards compatibility from Snow Leopard and up.

Get it here -

http://www.libretro.com/index.php/downloads/

Which version is bsnes/libretro pack based on? If it’s the latest from gitorious (v089), it should be the modern v087+ *.rom files.

ah, yeah, I was using the out-of-date C++98 repo. I didn’t realize you were putting the updates into Screwtape’s repo. OP updated with a new link that uses the up-to-date chip images.

I’m still getting video ram error trying to load any neogeo game. I do not receive this error when I try loading the very same rom on windows.

(running mountain lion)

I’m still getting video ram error trying to load any neogeo game. I do not receive this error when I try loading the very same rom on windows. (running mountain lion)

Is rewind enabled in retroarch.cfg by any chance? Try rewind_enable=false

Rewind under the hood just calls the savestate function except instead of writing it to file, it writes it to memory. Some emulators/games might have some savestate issues that are not readily apparent unless you serialize and write them to memory for x number of frames. Neo Geo in FBA and Sega CD in Genesis Plus GX right now appear to be two of them.

The only way to deal with this is to mention it to the original authors and hope they somehow improve the savestate code so that it can deal with serialization better.

I´ve been testing the psx mednafen and it works like a charm. I´ve tested Castlevania SOTN, Tekken3, R type delta and Alundra and all of them run full speed.

I thought the psx mednafen was less advanced. It looks almost perfect emulation here.

Also I tried Daimakaimura for supergrafx and it worked.

Also noticed the vram neo geo error in retroarch OSX. Not present in the windows port

Keep up the good work, this is starting to be impressive.

The VRAM Neo Geo error only happens if you have rewind enabled. If you turn it off, it will work.

Thanks for the tip Squarepusher. Runs ok now.

Bug detected?

I´ve tried to run Abe´s oddysee PAL version on mednafen-psx-retroarch (osx).

It enters emulation, then a green screen says “Video system mismatch” and emulator hangs.

Any advice? Could that be caused by wrong BIOS file?

Hello hunterk, long time no tried retroarch, I noticed that you updated to a new version recently I´m running on osx lion. No matter what game I try to run, I get this error. It´s more than likely another stoopid thing but I can´t figure out

RetroArch CMD: /Users/Angel/Desktop/Retroarch/RetroArch Binary/retroarch /Users/Angel/Desktop/Retroarch/Gbaroms/Mario Advanced 2 - Mario World.GBA -c /Users/Angel/Desktop/Retroarch/retroarch.cfg -v --no-patch

dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/…/Frameworks/Cg.framework/Cg Referenced from: /Users/Angel/Desktop/Retroarch/RetroArch Binary/retroarch Reason: image not found

no matter what emu or game I try to run

Ah, yeah, the new builds require Nvidia’s Cg toolkit to be installed.

You can download it here: http://developer.download.nvidia.com/cg/Cg_3.1/Cg-3.1_April2012.dmg

Nothing fancy needed for installation. RetroArch will find it in the default installation location once it’s there. I’m not sure why it didn’t get copied into the Frameworks folder on its own but I’ll try to get it in there with the next build. In the meantime, manual installation should get you fixed up :slight_smile:

On the upside, now you can use Cg shaders!

ok hunterk, thanks, got it running

Any way to run PAL games on Mednafen psx code? Or it´s a mednafen-related issue. I can get running all the NTSC-U stuff I throw at it, but no way with Oddworld abe´s oddysee pal.

I´ll have a closer look at all the cores tomorrow

Hi,

I’m having a problem with the latest OSX prebuilt builds of bsnes-libretro (libretro-bsnes-balanced-v092). (Downloaded from above.)

It won’t load special chip games. The chips without firmware, Super FX, S-DD1, SA1 etc. don’t work.

Everything non special chip related works fine, I don’t have Shougi 1 to test.

The DSP games all work except Top Gear 3000 (DSP4) loads to a black screen,

eg.

$ retroarch Super\ Mario\ World\ 2\ -\ Yoshi’s\ Island\ (USA)\ (Rev\ 1).sfc -c ~/.retroarch/bsnes/retroarch.cfg [bSNES]: Cannot find requested file in system directory: “/Users/Sirius/.retroarch/bsnes//program.rom”. [bSNES]: Cannot find requested file in system directory: “/Users/Sirius/.retroarch/bsnes//save.ram”. RetroArch [ERROR] :: Failed to load game.

$ retroarch Mega\ Man\ X3\ (USA).sfc -c ~/.retroarch/bsnes/retroarch.cfg [bSNES]: Cannot find requested file in system directory: “/Users/Sirius/.retroarch/bsnes//program.rom”. RetroArch [ERROR] :: Failed to load game.

$ retroarch Hayazashi\ Nidan\ Morita\ Shougi\ 2\ (Japan).sfc -c ~/.retroarch/bsnes/retroarch.cfg [bSNES]: Cannot find requested file in system directory: “/Users/Sirius/.retroarch/bsnes//save.ram”. RetroArch [ERROR] :: Failed to load game.

$ retroarch Super\ Mario\ RPG\ -\ Legend\ of\ the\ Seven\ Stars\ (USA).sfc -c ~/.retroarch/bsnes/retroarch.cfg
[bSNES]: Cannot find requested file in system directory: “/Users/Sirius/.retroarch/bsnes//program.rom”. [bSNES]: Cannot find requested file in system directory: “/Users/Sirius/.retroarch/bsnes//save.ram”. RetroArch [ERROR] :: Failed to load game.

$ retroarch Metal\ Combat\ -\ Falcon’s\ Revenge\ (USA).sfc -c ~/.retroarch/bsnes/retroarch.cfg
[bSNES]: Cannot find requested file in system directory: “/Users/Sirius/.retroarch/bsnes//save.ram”. RetroArch [ERROR] :: Failed to load game.

$ retroarch Tengai\ Makyou\ Zero\ (Japan).sfc -c ~/.retroarch/bsnes/retroarch.cfg
[bSNES]: Cannot find requested file in system directory: “/Users/Sirius/.retroarch/bsnes//rtc.ram”. [bSNES]: Cannot find requested file in system directory: “/Users/Sirius/.retroarch/bsnes//program.rom”. [bSNES]: Cannot find requested file in system directory: “/Users/Sirius/.retroarch/bsnes//data.rom”. [bSNES]: Cannot find requested file in system directory: “/Users/Sirius/.retroarch/bsnes//save.ram”. RetroArch [ERROR] :: Failed to load game.

etc, etc.

Mountain Lion 10.8.2

All the other libretro cores work great in my limited testing.

That issue was fixed yesterday. I’ve updated libretro/bsnes Git. I haven’t fixed every special chip yet, but SFX, SA1 and SDD-1 are tested.

What is right libretro/bsnes Git address? I have come across a couple and am confused to which is the latest official one.

Disregard figured it out.

Getting this error on 0.9.9-wip1 whenever I start up any game.

dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libxvidcore.4.dylib Referenced from: /Applications/Games/RetroArch/Frameworks/libavcodec.54.dylib Reason: image not found

Same here! I cant start any game.

Now im getting this errors too:

retroarch-phoenix(304) malloc: *** error for object 0x7f9b98e39348: incorrect checksum for freed object - object was probably modified after being freed. *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug

The process has forked and you cannot use this CoreFoundation functionality safely. You MUST exec(). Break on THE_PROCESS_HAS_FORKED_AND_YOU_CANNOT_USE_THIS_COREFOUNDATION_FUNCTIONALITY___YOU_MUST_EXEC() to debug.

I’m on OSX 10.8.3. The last version worked fine.

Where i can download 0.9.8?

dammit. Looks like I botched the part where it bundles all of the necessary libraries. I’ve updated the first post with the older v0.9.8 link. Sorry guys. I’ll try to get this fixed ASAP, but it might take a couple of days.

Always happy to be of service, hunterk! This time around the verdict is…— still not working :frowning: !!!

I’d provide a change log but it’s so inoperable that a change log isn’t even produced. Hitting start retroarch simply does nothing.

alright, something more serious must be amiss. I’ll have to dig a little deeper.

Thanks for trying it out and reporting the result :slight_smile: