RetroArch OSX Releases (v1.0.0.2)

Looks like there is a reference to the wrong location of one of your packaged dylibs:

./retroarch dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libx264.128.dylib Referenced from: /Volumes/RetroArch-0.9.9-wip2/Frameworks/libavcodec.54.dylib Reason: image not found Trace/BPT trap: 5

Alright, it looks like the deployment script I was using wasn’t correcting the library references in libavcodec and I was not about to otool all bazillion of those references (at least not today), so I’ve temporarily disabled ffmpeg recording/streaming.

I’ve updated the first post with the new link, which should work now. I actually tested it this time and it seemed okay, so hopefully you guys will have a better time of it, as well.

Appreciate the hard work, hunterk; v0.9.9-wip2 (no ffmpeg dumping) is working!

woop woop! Glad to hear it, bloodtype :smiley:

thanks again for your help with testing.

What’s the sys req on Phoenix? I’m getting a no sign on the icon (meaning it will not run on my Mac); I’m running 10.6.8 32-bit. Is there a binary of the frontend that’s compatible?

These builds are all 64-bit-only. They’re not built through xcode, so i couldn’t do “fat” binaries easily (AFAIK).

If you’d like to try and build it yourself, I’m happy to help if you get stuck.

Hi,

Is python support for shaders available through macports? I already have ‘python27’ ‘python31’ ‘python33’ installed but none seem to work?

I don’t think I’ve been building python support in. There weren’t many things that used it, so I dropped it for simplicity. What are you wanting to use it for?

I thought that it might be the reason why the gameboy shader is crashing on me…

Nah, that shouldn’t have anything to do with it. That shader doesn’t use the python features at all. Are you getting any kind of error in the log?

Figured it out, I was using old config files that only had

video_shader =

not

video_shader_preset =

thanks for the replies.

ah, I see. I’m glad you got it figured out :slight_smile:

Just a heads-up - we are going to be making this into a proper OSX app from now on. I just tested it a few days ago on OSX and immediately thought to myself - how much better this would be if it would look and feel like an OSX app - because this sticks out badly like a sore thumb right now.

No more Phoenix - no more SDL deps - no more totally void menubar.

For those who still want a plain-jane SDL port - they can just avoid the Xcode project and compile a plain-jane SDL PC port with ./configure and make. But it will not be the mainline release for OSX anymore.

Hey Squarepusher! I was trying to read up on as much as i could about all of your guys’ work. I’m not entirely sure I’m all caught up, but it looks like you’re taking over? I have been a fan since I’ve found out about how retroarch has been pushed onto the iOS. I’m really curious about how you talked about making retroarch into an OSX app. How long do you think it will take to do such a thing? Will it be faster if donations are made? Thanks :slight_smile:

No, we don’t accept monetary donations.

I can’t get the pcsx_rearmed core to work :frowning:

RetroArch CMD: /Applications/Games/RetroArch 0.9.9 final/RetroArch Binary/retroarch /Volumes/NewDrive/Documents/Emulation/Sony/PS1/Metal Gear Solid/Metal Gear Solid disc 1.cue -c /retroarch.cfg -v --no-patch

mednafen_psx works just fine though

Hello Hunterk

What happened to the osx port of retroarch? I read some time ago that it was beeing reworked, to make it into a native osx application, but never heard about it being released, and I´d really like to test the mupen64 core on osx

It has been successfully reworked and is apparently quite nice these days but I haven’t been able to compile it. I’m not sure if I’m missing something or just dense, but I’ll give it another shot and if I keep failing, I’ll see if someone else can start posting builds.

Yes please! i really want to give it a try. My main computer is a macbook pro and I enjoy having emulation around every day of the week :wink:

Ok, we have a new prerelease testing build on the new interface, thanks to Funky327. The download link is in the first post of this thread. Please let us know if you run into any trouble with this build so we can hopefully resolve any issues before official release.