RetroArch OSX Releases (v1.0.0.2)

Okay i´ll give it some testing and let you know if I get into any major issue. Thanks

Well after an initial testing i´m overall very satisfied with the new Retroarch osx. The switch to Rgui as the main interface is a good move I think, and it´s a joy to have so fast access to any emulation. It´s very good, thanks. For me, this changes the perception that Osx sucks for emulation.

The Issues i´ve found right now.

1.- I couldn´t get the Nestopia core runing at all. Fce works so it´s not really a problem, but Nestopia isn´t working here.

2.- The Mame2013 core is a little bit unstable i think. It hanged up my system twice, and sometimes freezes on the “press ok or move joystick” screen.

3.- Sometimes if I press escape during gameplay to exit, Retroarch hangs with an error message.

I´ll report more findings. My system is a macbook pro 13.3 2010 (macbook pro 7.1), and i´m running osx Lion

in the readme one of the bundled cores is “Final Burn Alpha (0.2.97.30)”. Is this actually the case? On the final burn alpha website it lists 0.2.97.29 as being the latest version.

Also, a lot of games for that core show up as a blank white screen with audio but work fine with he mame 2013 core. The games are from the FBA 0.2.97.29 set.

Also i´m getting some crashes at random, when loading from the load content-history on Rgui.

Games then work again if I launch them from launch content -select core or detect core.

Hey,

I’ve downloaded RetroArch-OSX-10.7-v1.0.0.0 from the site and the app doesn’t run even if I have OSX 10.7.5 it asks for at least 10.8.

No worry though, I’ve downloaded the other build.

Okay i dont know what happened but…

Downloaded 1.0.0 LION FIX, I was using the prerelease version that hunterk posted. After I installed the new release, nothing works. If I select a core it will still say “no core”, and If I try to load content, I enter the folders where I had the roms stored and Rgui will show them as empty folders. Any advice?

Nice, thanks for the quick fix but I have the same issue as posted above.

Before this with the build for 10.6, I’ve deleted my previous Retroarch install in my user/application support folder before and it runs. To select a core, I browse inside the app to the RetroArch.app/Contents/Resources/modules. I suppose that’s the way to do.

I’ve also checked the .cfg file generated and I don’t understand the use for content_directory = and the rgui_browser_directory = . I’ve selected my rom path for both.

And I assigned the inner folder for shaders like this: video_shader_dir = “:/Contents/Resources/shaders_glsl”. I haven’t tested yet.

Finally I could load some SNES games but the app quits when I try NES roms with Nestopia and FCE.

Oh one last thing I have to try: How do I set my xbox 360 controller with Retroarch OSX ? I use this driver (http://tattiebogle.net/index.php/Projec … /OsxDriver) and it works straight with OpenEmu.

Ok, so, even after you use RGUI to navigate into the app bundle and find the modules directory, it still doesn’t find any of the cores?

Content_directory should be your roms folder.

Indeed, after selecting a core, the main menu still displays no core.

So what’s the use for rgui_browser_directory = ?

Well shit. Ok, I’ll keep working on it. Hopefully, it’s something stupid I’ve done and it can be easily resolved.

Good question /shrug

My guess is that they do the same thing. Content_directory may have superseded rgui_browser_directory.

I´ve tried everything with no luck on 1.0.0

Select core: no core selected

Go to cores directory: shows the cores

Loading any content from history: back to destop

Browsing into any folder: empty folder

Will stick to 0.9.7 for now :slight_smile:

No - you STILL set rgui_browser_directory in your cfg file. That part has not changed at all.

Please start posting these issues on Github here -

https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues?state=open

Posting them here does not help them get fixed - posting them there does. Meancoot checks out Github more often than he does this forum.

Ok, I think I have the issue with the Lion build pinned down. It’ll take me some time to get the fixed bundle pushed out though. I should hopefully have something posted by this evening.

downloaded the RetroArch-v1.0-OSX-Lion-fix.dmg.zip bundle; experiencing the same no core issue on 10.9.1.

@bloodtype yeah, it’s a known issue. See the post right above yours.

Just wanted to chime in since i didn’t know if anyone tested it it on 10.9.1.

That being said, i just tried the original package, RetroArch-OSX-10.7-v1.0.0.0.zip, and it works perfectly fine on 10.9.1.

Still experiencing the same issue with FBA where some games load and only show a white screen and others work. No idea what romset is suppose to be used with that FBA core.

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, that’s the version you should be using for anything above lion. I should rename that build and/or put another note on the download page to clarify.

EDIT: updated the download page. It should make more sense now.

Double-posting for great justice.

I got a new build up that should hopefully fix up Lion users. I checked it on my machine and it could see the cores, so hopefully that will resolve things. Unfortunately, I was forced to use a crappy, old buildchain, so not all cores could be compiled and there are no dynarecs :frowning:

If someone can push out a better 32-bit build, I’ll be happy to replace mine, but in the meantime, you should have something that works, even if suboptimally.

Let me know if you still run into problems.

This build works here, thanks. Though I’ll wait for a more complete version before updating. :slight_smile: