RetroArch OSX Releases (v1.0.0.2)

the No core bug persists here with the latest build

By the way, can you configure your joypads? i didn´t have my pads handy so I didn´t try reconfiguring keys, but i´m unable to do so. The pad is working with other applications and i´ve tried with two different pads, usb standard and xbox360 wired.

Ok, I got one more build up that should have all of the libraries that will currently build for 32-bit. Let me know how it goes, guys.

That’s fine, I could run some games with the new build. Thanks for your efforts.

Though I think I will upgrade my OS to 10.9 as soon as I’m sure all my current software are compatible (like my 360 controller driver) so I’ll benefit of all the features of Retroarch.

Anyway, I’ll let you know if I encounter issues with this current build.

Hi

I upgraded to mavericks and now it works ok, selects core and loads the history, but a problem persists here (i don´t know if it´s a problem or it´s just me)

I just can´t configure joypads. How am I supposed to do this?

Input Options

Configure all (Retropad)

I chose this option, pressing X which is the default key, it prompts me to press buttons, but no key on my keyboard or joypad responds

Default all (retropad) — press X —> nothing happens

Try changing one of the individual settings… nothing happens

From out of Rgui, preferences, input

Click above selection above joystick mappings. Prompts me to select button, and it actually selects. Then go to emulation, and nothing happens

What am I doing wrong?

@fogueman gamepads/joysticks may not be functioning properly at the moment, so it’s likely not your fault :slight_smile:

We’ll be taking a look at the input issues very soon and hopefully get everything worked out as soon as possible.

Okay i´ll configure it to gamepad companion instead :slight_smile:

Before I forget, i´d like to point out that when I upgraded to 10.9 mavericks, I was still getting the no core issue on lion, so it wasn´t fixed, at least for me.

Anyhow this release is much more stable in mavericks, It now loads some cores that were hanging before.

Not sure if this is a matter that can should be posted here but Mednafen PC Fast does not load TG-16 games. Japanese PCE games load just fine, but their American TG-16 counterparts will not load. Example: PC Denjin Punkic Cyborg works fine but Airzonk does not.

Mednafen won’t load encrypted US TurboGrafx 16 ROMS, which the GoodPCE (U) set is. That might be your problem. No-Intro (USA) ROMs aren’t encrypted and will work though.

Mednafen won’t load encrypted US TurboGrafx 16 ROMS, which the GoodPCE (U) set is. That might be your problem. No-Intro (USA) ROMs aren’t encrypted and will work though.[/quote]

I did not know that and that was indeed the issue at hand. Thanks.

One other thing I’d like to mention is that, when double clicking a file that will launch retroarch, it would be nice if this whole thing was a bit more fleshed out. Sort the cores alphabetically and allow for keyboard navigation similar to finder where you could just start typing and it’ll jump to whatever core you’re looking for. Right now you have to manually click into the dropdown menu (pressing tab does nothing) and you’re limited to the arrow keys for keyboard navigation.

I can’t edit the controls. I’ve gotten it to work once but I can’t get it to work anymore. I downloaded RetroArch and dragged the file into Applications. I am using 10.9.1. If I go to the OS X Menu Bar for RetroArch and go to Preferences, I can set all of the buttons for my Rumblepad 2. Those changes don’t get saved when I close RetroArch. Also I can’t get the controller to be recognized in RetroArchGUI. I have gotten it to work once. Somehow I got two buttons to show what I changed them to in the RetroArchGUI.

How can I configure a Rumblepad 2 to work in RetroArch for OS X 10.9.1?

@andybrandt I’m not sure about that pad in particular, but you can usually map your buttons through the in-game RGUI menu under settings > input settings. That’s what works for me and my 360 pad, at least.

@hunterk

That doesn’t work for some reason. That’s the odd thing. RetroArch can see the controller if I go through the Menu Bar > Preferences (even though those settings don’t save after I exit or show in the RGUI). But if I go through the RGUI and try to map the buttons it seems it can’t tell there’s a controller connected.

Are there certain things I have to do for initial setup? I’m thinking there are certain Paths I have to set. The only setup I’ve really done is pick a Core and open a SNES rom.

@andybrandt You shouldn’t need to setup any paths for getting a pad to work. When meancoot first added gamepad support, I just ran it and mapped in RGUI. Hmm. Now I’m wondering if the build you have is from before the gamepad stuff was committed… Do you have Xcode on your machine where you could try building it from source?

I’m using RetroArch-OSX-v1.0.0.1-10.7.zip

I can install Xcode but I don’t know how to build from source. Is there a guide for that?

Not an up-to-date one, but it’s super-easy these days. You just install xcode, download the source from github, open the osx xcodeproj (in the ‘apple’ directory) and then hit the ‘build’ button.

@hunterk That worked. Thank you!

No problem. I guess that means the gamepad support was added after the official packages were compiled. We should probably do something about that…

New version out now. The joypad issues should be a thing of the past now. Should now also allow for RGUI button mapping.

Hi, everybody ! First a big thank for your big work it’s just amazing :wink: But i don’t know why with PSX games on my MacBook Pro Retina 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 with OsX 10.9.2 this version of “RetroArch-OSX10.7-x86_64-v1.0.0.2” doesn’t launch any PSX ROMs, it crashed all the time with Mednafen PSX or PCSX ReARMed… but this one “RetroArch-OSX-10.6-x86-v1.0.0.2” work perfectly. I would like to make work with Mednafen PSX in 64bit too… I searched on the forum but i don’t find any answer… please help me to understand what I make wrong…

Thank you !!!

ChrysMacZ

How do i download this version? My date is set back to 2012 and it still won’t work for me.