RetroArch OSX Releases (v1.0.0.2)

It’s probably OSX 10.9 SDK bullshittery going on. My god how Apple fucked up the toolchain with overaggressive optimizations and runtime linking shenanigans -it’s absolutely terrible.

I might well go back to 10.8 SDK so that we can at least guarantee all these cores work from 10.8 and up vs. it ‘only’ working on 10.9

You have this confused with non-jailbroken iOS. You don’t need to set your system date back a few years for the OSX port.

And BTW< I don’t cater to non-jailbroken iOS users.

My iPad mini is NOT jail broken and still won’t download. “Safari had troubles opening this file”. I get that message every time!

You DO need to be jailbroken to install Retroarch on iOS devices. This thread is for OSX releases, IE: Mac PCs

Got a few questions:

a. What happened to the Yabause core? I use to have it but ever since I updated it has disappeared.

b. Does Mupen64 work for anyone? I’ve tried Super Mario 64 and two other games and upon loading it always results in a crash. If it isn’t a core issue though only other thing I can assume is it’s a romset issue.

c. Under the Core Information for PCSX Rearmed it reads:

Firmware:
  name:  scph1001  (US BIOS)
  name:  scph5501  (US BIOS Alternative)

I have these bios and they work perfectly fine with Mednafen PSX, they’re located in the system folder. Is there a special location I’m suppose to put them in for PCSX Rearmed?

This is no longer an issue. I read in a different thread that using the 10.6 release in the download section resolves this issue and it does. Still missing the Yabause core and Mupen64 doesn’t not work. For what it’s worth, Mupen64 works fine within OpenEmu.

I’ve been trying to connect my DS3 (DualShock3 - PlayStation3 controller) but it seems RetroArch just don’t recognize it, although I can map every button and axis under “RetroArch --> Preferences --> Input --> Player 1” on the MenuBar, but it still doesn’t get recognized. Please, some help =(

Hi Ddnava, did you try setting the controls using RGUI instead of through the Preferences? I had the same issue setting up my DS3, would not work when I set the controls in the preferences, but worked when I set them using RGUI.

I find it’s much easier to pair my PS3 remote with this version, than 0.1… then again I formatted my phone and got rid of CFA, so… maybe that might’ve been my issue. ;d

Hi I’m curious. Will 3DO emulation ever be added to the IOS version of RetroArch? I absolutely love it on Windows, it’s flawless for me. Except for not running Twisted.

Could anyone help with the build process for the OSX version? Does it not build a fill “RetroArch” app or am I missing something, sudo make install does it’s thing it seems but I can’t see an output app

on OSX, you’re probably best off building from xcode, which is super-easy. Just open the xcodeproj in the apple directory and hit ‘build’

I tried that but I get the following error;

ld: framework not found Cg
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

And I’m unsure on how to install it as there many “CG frameworks” according to google :smiley:

Just install this: http://developer.download.nvidia.com/cg/Cg_3.1/Cg-3.1_April2012.dmg

OK, install nVidia CG Toolkit and now I’m getting errors with the “assets” folder missing in the “media” folder, and can confirm that folder isn’t there, how can I get it?

Thanks for you help so far, I’ve now cloned all the various assets folders (shaders, overlays etc.) but am not stuck at libretrodb, which has missing rdb, cht and cursors folders :frowning:

Any pointers?

Right, found libretro-database and now we’re all up and running, many thanks for your help dude.

EDIT: All the graphics are white squares in XMB gui, not that I’m using it but is there a fix (for what I’ve possibly done wrong)?

Glad you got it going :smiley:

The white squares thing means it’s missing assets that it uses at runtime. Make sure they’re in the right spot (i.e., that your paths settings are pointing toward whichever directory has your lakka/rmenu/branding stuff).

Yeah thanks man.

It doesn’t seem to have pulled all these “assets” into the app bundle and it’s trying to use the from the repository locations.