RetroArch OSX Releases (v1.0.0.2)

Ok, yeah, looks like the xcodeproj doesn’t put the assets in the bundle (yet). You’ll just have to move them in there (or somewhere else convenient) and then go into the settings > path settings in RGUI and change the assets directory to wherever you put them.

Thanks man, I’m assuming that will all get updated at some point in the future?

Yeah, I assume so, unless there’s some reason it’s deliberately not being included. I’ll try to follow up on it.

Cool man, I’m assuming these are the reasons that the OS X builds don’t get nightly versions? Which is a shame if so.

I have a big problem. I tried to use 1.0.0.3 but I just can’t figure out how it works so I’ve decided to go back, but now I’m finding that 1.0.0.2 crashes immediately on startup. 1.0.0.3 must have messed with some settings somewhere. How do you fix this?

delete your retroarch.cfg and retroarch-core-options.cfg and it should be like a fresh install.

I have a few nightly builds compiled, and have reached out to some dev members to see if i can post them up for some users.

Cool, my last attempt didn’t have all the assets linked properly. Is your build the same?

Ok, pardon the delay with the new build.

I took some suggestions. It should now save everything and create the proper folders in ~/Documents/Retroarch/.Retroarch. I also included the Nvidia Cg.framework file in the app bundle.

To keep sizes down, i did not include cores or anything else, this is just the pure binary. Use the built in updater to get the remainder of the files.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6oEvjfMjiu0Q1pSZ0lCWHd6SHM/view?usp=sharing

Please let me know if this works for you.

Thanks a lot for the build kaioshade !! I’ve been trying to build it but didnt have time and every now and then I get back to this thread waiting for your build, thanks again !

Hi guys! Long time user of RetroArch on the PS3 but just starting using it on a Macbook Air.

Evertything is running smooth except for Prboom : loading any WAD file automatically quits Retroarch.

Any clues on what is going on?

Thanks!

Do you have the prboom.wad in the right place (I forget where that is at the moment but I think it might be in the same directory as your other WADs…?)?

prboom.wad in the same directory? no… I just installed Prboom from the Core Updater option on RetroArch 1.2.2 on Mac (OS X El Capitan)

Ok, get this (follow the link and hit the ‘raw’ button to download it): https://github.com/libretro/libretro-prboom/blob/master/prboom.wad and then put it with your other wads.

[QUOTE=hunterk;32423]Ok, get this (follow the link and hit the ‘raw’ button to download it): https://github.com/libretro/libretro-prboom/blob/master/prboom.wad and then put it with your other wads.[/QUOTE]

Worked flawlessly :slight_smile:

Now which shaders do you recommend for Prboom? Where can I change its default resolution?

I actually haven’t played PrBoom much outside of native res on a CRT, so I’m not an expert on what shaders to use with it. CRT-Easymode and xBR are good places to start.

I don’t actually know if you can change the resolution on it. If you can, it would be in the core options.

I changed PrBoom resolution in RetroArch 1.2.2, but I can’t find the core options file in RetroArch 1.3.6 no matter how much I search for it.

So…

how can I access core options?

Open a game, go back into the menu, (choose ‘quick menu’ if you’re not already there) and scroll down to ‘options’.

There haven’t been any OSX nightlies or core updates on the buildbot in the past several days. Did the VM go down again?

Yep. Since it’s down anyway, we’re going to migrate it away from the personal iMac that was hosting it before. So, it’ll be down for a couple more days, at least, but should be in better shape once it’s back up.