RetroArch PC releases

I cannot reproduce this, and sadly that error report doesn’t help. If it segfaults, I’d need someone to build it with debugging symbols, and get a backtrace from gdb. To get symbols right, replace -O3 with -O0 -g in CXXFLAGS and remove -s (stripping) from linker flags. I haven’t set up DEBUG=1 target it seems.

Anyways, I looked a bit at the “sometimes x86 build hangs after download”. This commit might fix it: https://github.com/Themaister/RetroArch-Phoenix/commit/cca7553585a8e44cad420e4978d5da9a7b360a1f

Hi can anybody tell me how to use Mission Packs on the tyrquake core? I have tried lots of different ways to run it but no joy. this is my folder setup:-

<Quake> <id1> pak0.pak pak1.pak <rogue> pak0.pak <hipnotic> pak0.pak

Quake original game plays fine by selecting the pak0.pak file but when I try pak0.pak from either mission pack I get a crash. I know there is nothing wrong with my files because they play fine with glquake(original game plus both mission packs). Any help is apreciated. Great emulator btw.

Well - I might have to add some more checks so that it will check for the main PAK files in the id1 folder too.

For now, this file structure should work:

<Quake> pak0.pak pak1.pak <rogue> pak0.pak <hipnotic> pak0.pak

Thanks for the reply but that structure still doesn’t work. Have tried moving the quake folder to the root of my hard drive as well and still not working. Does not work on retroarch pc/ps3/wii

It works perfectly fine over here - I don’t know what to tell you - one obvious thing would be to post a log since I can’t really try to ‘guess’ what might be going wrong on your end.

Hi, same problem here : error offset: 00004d36 But with the same files I have the problem with Windows XP and not with Windows 7.

The updater window is redimensionable (no fixed window border). It can be convenient to allow multiple selection on the updater.

Latest update of Retroarch will not work on my laptop. Every time I run retroarch-phoenix I get this message:-

Retroarch-phoenix.exe has stopped working.

And all I can do is stop the program. It does this on my laptop and my desktop computer plus my works desktop pc. All I am trying to do is try the tyrquake core on pc to see if it can play mission packs as niether ps3,wii, or xbox version can. Is there a way I can use this core on an older rev of retroarch because I was able to run 0.9.6 fine on both my laptop and desktop.

Also how can I generate a log file on all four systems (Wii,PS3,XBOX,PC)?

It works fine on PC (Win7-64) for me. I assume you’ve already tried re-downloading the whole thing? Does retroarch.exe work from the command line?

It only breaks on XP 32-bit with 32-bit build for unknown reason. The same build works fine on 64-bit Windows. So far, no one has given me a proper backtrace.

One user reported that building RetroArch himself fixed the issue, so could just be my compiler randomly barfing when making the build.

Same here, updating from a rather old version of Retroarch via phoenix updater. Same thing happened when downloading the .zip directly from this thread.

Would you consider building it again, Maister? Or would someone who has compiled their own 32-bit Windows build of retroarch-phoenix consider upping it somewhere and posting it to this thread?

I tried cross-compiling it from a linux box (untested; hope it helps): http://www.mediafire.com/download/cb305osj69ykjiv/retroarch-v0.9.9-win32.zip

Note: this is just the retroarch executable without phoenix. Drop it into the standard win32 installation directory and replace the existing one.

EDIT: compiling RetroArch-Phoenix was actually pretty painless. Here it is, as well: http://www.mediafire.com/download/8hvkukv676rfsiz/retroarch-phoenix-v0.9.9-win32.zip

Thanks, hunterk! RetroArch-Phoenix doesn’t quit on load now. However, I am getting this error now when loading RetroArch.exe:

“The program can’t start because freetype6.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.”

Try renaming the existing libfreetype-6.dll library in your RetroArch folder to freetype6.dll.

Hi, I’ve downloaded and used Retroarch for Wii and now for PC -they are awesome-, also I’ve been googling how to change fba core region for CPS2 games, is there a way to assign this key? I just know this: [FBA] Archive: sfiii Game: sfiii Frontend supports RGB565 - will use that instead of XRGB1555. has_analog: 0 drvname: sfiii genre: 8 hardware: 150994944 P1 Coin - assigned to key: RetroPad Button Select, port: 0. P1 Coin - has nSwitch.nCode: 6. P1 Start - assigned to key: RetroPad Button Start, port: 0. P1 Start - has nSwitch.nCode: 2. P1 Up - assigned to key: RetroPad D-Pad Up, port: 0. P1 Up - has nSwitch.nCode: c8. P1 Down - assigned to key: RetroPad D-Pad Down, port: 0. P1 Down - has nSwitch.nCode: d0. P1 Left - assigned to key: RetroPad D-Pad Left, port: 0. P1 Left - has nSwitch.nCode: cb. P1 Right - assigned to key: RetroPad D-Pad Right, port: 0. P1 Right - has nSwitch.nCode: cd. P1 Weak Punch - assigned to key: RetroPad Button Y, port: 0. P1 Weak Punch - has nSwitch.nCode: 1e. P1 Medium Punch - assigned to key: RetroPad Button X, port: 0. P1 Medium Punch - has nSwitch.nCode: 1f. P1 Strong Punch - assigned to key: RetroPad Button L, port: 0. P1 Strong Punch - has nSwitch.nCode: 20. P1 Weak Kick - assigned to key: RetroPad Button B, port: 0. P1 Weak Kick - has nSwitch.nCode: 2c. P1 Medium Kick - assigned to key: RetroPad Button A, port: 0. P1 Medium Kick - has nSwitch.nCode: 2d. P1 Strong Kick - assigned to key: RetroPad Button R, port: 0. P1 Strong Kick - has nSwitch.nCode: 2e. P2 Coin - assigned to key: RetroPad Button Select, port: 1. P2 Coin - has nSwitch.nCode: 7. WARNING! Button unaccounted for: [Reset]. Reset - has nSwitch.nCode: 3d. WARNING! Button unaccounted for: [Diagnostic]. Diagnostic - has nSwitch.nCode: 3c. WARNING! Button unaccounted for: [Service]. Service - has nSwitch.nCode: a. WARNING! Button unaccounted for: [Region]. Region - has nSwitch.nCode: 4. DIP switch label: Region. DIP switch option: Japan. DIP switch option: Asia. DIP switch option: Euro. DIP switch option: USA. DIP switch option: Hispanic. DIP switch option: Brazil. DIP switch option: Oceania. DIP switch label: Fake Widescreen DIP. DIP switch option: Widescreen. DIP switch option: Normal.

RetroArch Phoenix now crashes at startup on Windows XP.

just to ask, how do you overclock SuperFX games with Snes9x-Next?

@Iwares87 It’s a core option, I believe. Go into RGUI (F1 by default) and go into the core options there and it should be listed as an option.

i didn’t know that, thanks. :slight_smile:

Edit: i can access the RGUI, but it comes up with a white screen. so, i opened the “.retroarch-core-options.cfg” which i use for the Wii version and just copied what i wanted from there into the one for the Windows version.

Thanks hunterk for the RetroArch-Phoenix build as the stock one fails for me as well on xp. your build works great

@SHMAUS-Carter Sweet. Glad I could help :slight_smile: